The future of the LED driver market looks attractive with opportunities in the residential, commercial, industrial, and automotive lighting sectors. The global LED driver market is expected to reach an estimated $16.1 billion by 2023 with a CAGR of 15.5% from 2018 to 2023. The major growth drivers for this market are increasing building and construction activities, favorable government regulations for energy efficiency, and increasing adoption of LED lighting in emerging countries.
Emerging trends, which have a direct impact on the dynamics of the LED driver industry, include the development of visible light communication (VLC) LED drivers, and the development of color tunable LED drivers.
A total of 113 figures / charts and 98 tables are provided in this 183 -page report to help in your business decisions. Sample figures with some insights are shown below. To learn the scope of, benefits, companies researched and other details of this LED driver market report, download the report brochure.
LED Driver Market TrendsLED Driver Market ForecastGlobal LED Driver Market by Region
The study includes the LED driver market size and forecast for the global LED driver market through 2023, segmented by supply type, luminaire type, application, and region as follows:
LED Driver Market by Application [$M shipment analysis from 2012 to 2023]:
General lighting Residential Office Shop Hospitality Outdoor Industrial Architectural Automotive Lighting Headlamps Daytime Running Lights (DRLs) Sidelights Rear Lights Interior Backlighting LCD TV Monitor Portable PCs Handhelds
LED Driver Market by Supply Type [$M shipment analysis from 2012 to 2023]:
Constant Current Constant Voltage
LED Driver Market by Luminaire Type [$M shipment analysis from 2012 to 2023]:
Type A Lamp Decorative Lamp T Lamp Reflectors Others
LED Driver Market by Region [$M shipment analysis from 2012 - 2023]:
North America United States Canada Mexico Europe United Kingdom Germany France Switzerland Asia Pacific China Japan India The Rest of the World
Texas Instruments, Toshiba, STMicroelectronics, ON Semiconductor, and ROHM Semiconductor are among the major suppliers of the LED driver.
Lucintel forecast that constant current LED driver will remain the largest product type; it is also expected to witness the highest growth due to ability to provide consistent brightness with lower power consumption and increasing demand in LED backlighting and general lighting applications.
Within the LED driver market, the general lighting segment will remain the largest application. It is also expected to witness the highest growth rate due to increasing demand for energy-efficient products in residential and commercial lighting, increasing usage of LED drivers for building and lighting management systems, and the decreasing price of LEDs.
Asia Pacific is expected to remain the largest region, and it is also expected to witness the highest growth over the forecast period due to increasing penetration of LED lighting in the automotive and building & construction industries. Production and consumption of LED lighting in China is highest, and modernization of infrastructure is expected to propel the demand for lighting products in China.
Some of the features of "LED Driver Market Report: Trends, Forecast and Competitive Analysis" include:
- Market size estimates: Global LED driver market size estimation in terms of value ($M) shipment.Trend and forecast analysis: Market trend (2012-2017) and forecast (2018-2023) by segments and region.Segmentation analysis: Global LED driver market size by various applications such as application, supply, and luminaire in terms of value and volume shipment.Regional analysis: Global LED driver market breakdown by North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, and the Rest of the World.Growth opportunities: Analysis on growth opportunities in different applications and regions of LED driver in the LED driver market.Strategic analysis: This includes M&A, new product development, and competitive landscape of LED driver in the LED driver market. Analysis of competitive intensity of the industry based on Porter's Five Forces model.
This report answers following 11 key questions:
- Q.1 What are some of the most promising, high-growth opportunities for the global LED driver market by supply type (constant current and constant voltage), by luminaire type (type A lamp, decorative lamp, T lamp, reflectors, and others), by applications (general lighting, automotive lighting and backlighting) and by region (North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, and the Rest of the World)?
- Q.2 Which segments will grow at a faster pace and why?
- Q.3 Which regions will grow at a faster pace and why?
- Q.4 What are the key factors affecting market dynamics? What are the drivers and challenges of the LED driver market?
- Q.5 What are the business risks and threats to the LED driver market?
- Q.6 What are the emerging trends in this LED driver market and reasons behind them?
- Q.7 What are some changing demands of customers in the LED driver market?
- Q.8 What are the new developments in the LED driver market? Which companies are leading these developments?
- Q.9 Who are the major players in this LED driver market? What strategic initiatives are being implemented by key players for business growth?
- Q.10 What are some of the competitive products and processes in this area and how big of a threat do they pose for loss of market share via product substitution?
- Q.11 What M&A activity has occurred in the last 5 years in this LED driver market?
Table of Contents
1. Executive Summary
2. Market Background and Classifications
- 2.1: Introduction, Background, and Classifications
- 2.2: Supply Chain
- 2.3: Industry Drivers and Challenges
3. Market Trends and Forecast Analysis from 2012 to 2023
- 3.1: Macroeconomic Trends and Forecast
- 3.2: Global LED Driver Market Trends and Forecast
- 3.3: Global LED Driver Market by Supply Type
- 3.3.1: Constant Current
- 3.3.2: Constant Voltage
- 3.4: Global LED Driver Market by Luminaire Type
- 3.4.1: Type A Lamp
- 3.4.2: Decorative Lamp
- 3.4.3: T Lamps
- 3.4.4: Reflectors
- 3.4.5: Others
- 3.5: Global LED Driver Market by Application
- 3.5.1: General Lighting LED Driver Market
- 184.108.40.206: General Lighting Market by Application
- 220.127.116.11.1: Residential
- 18.104.22.168.2: Office
- 22.214.171.124.3: Shop
- 126.96.36.199.4: Hospitality
- 188.8.131.52.5: Outdoor
- 184.108.40.206.6: Industrial
- 220.127.116.11.7: Architectural
- 3.5.2: Automotive Lighting
- 18.104.22.168: Automotive Lighting Market by Application
- 22.214.171.124.1: Headlamp
- 126.96.36.199.2: DRL
- 188.8.131.52.3: Sidelight
- 184.108.40.206.4: Rear Light
- 220.127.116.11.5: Interior Light
- 3.5.3: Backlighting LED Driver Market
- 18.104.22.168: Backlighting Market by Application
- 22.214.171.124.1: Television
- 126.96.36.199.2: Monitor
- 188.8.131.52.3: Portable PC
- 184.108.40.206.4: Handheld
4. Market Trends and Forecast Analysis by Region
- 4.1: Global LED Driver Market by Region
- 4.2: North American LED Driver Market
- 4.2.1: North American LED Driver Market by Application
- 4.2.2: United States' LED Driver Market
- 4.2.3: Canadian LED Driver Market
- 4.2.4: Mexican LED Driver Market
- 4.3: European LED Driver Market
- 4.3.1: European LED Driver Market by Application
- 4.3.2: German LED Driver Market
- 4.3.3: United Kingdom's LED Driver Market
- 4.3.4: French LED Driver Market
- 4.3.5: Swiss LED Driver Market
- 4.4: APAC LED Driver Market
- 4.4.1: APAC LED Driver Market by Application
- 4.4.2: Chinese LED Driver Market
- 4.4.3: Japanese LED Driver Market
- 4.4.4: Indian LED Driver Market
- 4.5: ROW LED Driver Market
- 4.5.1: ROW LED Driver Market by Application
5. Competitor Analysis
- 5.1: Product Portfolio Analysis
- 5.2: Market Share Analysis
- 5.3: Geographical Reach
- 5.4: Porter's Five Forces Analysis
6. Growth Opportunities and Strategic Analysis
- 6.1: Growth Opportunity Analysis
- 6.1.1: Growth Opportunities for the Global LED Driver Market by Application
- 6.1.2: Growth Opportunities for the Global LED Driver Market by Supply Type
- 6.1.3: Growth Opportunities for the Global LED Driver Market by Luminaire Type
- 6.1.4: Growth Opportunities for the Global LED Driver Market by Region
- 6.2: Emerging Trends in the Global LED Driver Market
- 6.2.1: New Product Development
- 6.2.2: Capacity Expansion in the Global LED Driver Market
- 6.2.3: Mergers, Acquisitions, and Joint Ventures in the Global LED Driver Market
- 6.2.4: Certification and Licensing
7. Company Profiles of Leading Players
- 7.1: Texas Instruments Incorporated
- 7.2: Maxim Integrated Inc.
- 7.3: ROHM Semiconductor
- 7.4: ON Semiconductor
- 7.5: Osram GmbH
- 7.6: Toshiba
- 7.7: Power Integration
- 7.8: STMicroelectronics
- 7.9: Microchip Technology
- 7.10: Taiwan Semiconductor
- 7.11: Infineon Technologies