The future of the global video surveillance market looks promising with opportunities in the commercial, government, transportation, and residential sector. The global video surveillance market is expected to reach an estimated $39.3 billion by 2023 and it is forecast to grow at a CAGR of 9.3% from 2018 to 2023. The major growth drivers for this market are increasing awareness for safety and security, increasing crime rate, and growing adaptation of internet protocol (IP) cameras.
Emerging trends, which have a direct impact on the dynamics of the video surveillance industry, include advanced 360-degree camera technology, utilization of Vizsafe platform services, and enhanced camera capabilities for Video Management Systems.
A total of 103 figures / charts and 88 tables are provided in this 195 -page report to help in your business decisions. Sample figures with some insights are shown below. To learn the scope of, benefits, companies researched and other details of this video surveillance market report, download the report brochure.
Video Surveillance Market TrendsVideo Surveillance Market ForecastGlobal Video Surveillance Market by Region
The study includes the video surveillance market size and forecast for the global video surveillance market through 2023, segmented by product and services, system, end use industry, and region as follows:
Video Surveillance Market by System Type [$M shipment analysis from 2012 to 2023]:
Analog IP Others
Video Surveillance Market by Product and Services Type [$M shipment analysis from 2012 to 2023]:
Hardware Camera Storage Encoder Others Software Services
Video Surveillance Market by End Use Industry [$M shipment analysis from 2012 to 2023]:
Commercial Hotel Banking & Finance Retail Others Residential Transportation Government Others
Video Surveillance Market by Region [$M shipment analysis for 2012 - 2023]:
North America United States Canada Mexico Europe United Kingdom Germany France Asia Pacific Japan China South Korea India The Rest of the World
Some of the video surveillance companies profiled in this report include Hangzhou Hikvision Digital Technology Co., Ltd., Zhejiang Dahua Technology Co., Ltd, Bosch Security Systems, Honeywell International Inc., and Axis Communication among others.
Lucintel forecasts that IP surveillance system is expected to remain the largest system type, and is also expected to witness highest growth due to growing development of smart city and smart home applications. Additionally, technological innovations, real-time access, integration of wireless technologies, video analytics, and affordability are the factors driving the growth of the IP camera market.
Within the video surveillance market, the commercial segment is expected to remain the largest end use market, and witness the highest growth over the forecast period due to increasing demand in hotels, banks, and retail enterprises. Expansion of financial institution coupled with increasing need for building security and monitoring customer and staff activities further spurred the growth for video surveillance.
Asia Pacific is expected to remain the largest market, and is also expected to witness the highest growth over the forecast period due to the increasing number of hotels, banking & financial institutions along with small and medium enterprise growth in China, India and other emerging nations.
Some of the features of "Video Surveillance Market Report: Trends, Forecast and Competitive Analysis" include:
- Market size estimates: Global video surveillance market size estimation in terms of value($M) shipment.Trend and forecast analysis: Market trend (2012-2017) and forecast (2018-2023) by segments and region.Segmentation analysis: Global video surveillance market size by various applications such as system, product and services, and end use industry in terms of value and volume shipment.Regional analysis: Global video surveillance market breakdown by North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, and the Rest of the World.Growth opportunities: Analysis on growth opportunities in different applications and regions of video surveillance in the global video surveillance market.Strategic analysis: This includes M&A, new product development, and competitive landscape of video surveillance in the global video surveillance market. Analysis of competitive intensity of the industry based on Porter's Five Forces model.
This report answers following 11 key questions:
- Q.1 What are some of the most promising, high-growth opportunities for the global video surveillance market by system (analog, IP, and others), product and services (hardware, software, and service), by end use industry (commercial, residential, transportation, government, and others), and by region (North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, and the Rest of the World)?
- Q.2 Which segments will grow at a faster pace and why?
- Q.3 Which regions will grow at a faster pace and why?
- Q.4 What are the key factors affecting market dynamics? What are the drivers and challenges of the video surveillance market?
- Q.5 What are the business risks and threats to the video surveillance market?
- Q.6 What are the emerging trends in this video surveillance market and reasons behind them?
- Q.7 What are some changing demands of customers in the video surveillance market?
- Q.8 What are the new developments in the video surveillance market? Which companies are leading these developments?
- Q.9 Who are the major players in this video surveillance market? What strategic initiatives are being implemented by key players for business growth?
- Q.10 What are some of the competitive products and processes in this video surveillance area and how big of a threat do they pose for loss of market share via product substitution?
- Q.11 What M&A activity has occurred in the last 5 years in video surveillance market?
Table of Contents
1. Executive Summary
2. Market Background and Classifications
- 2.1: Introduction, Background, and Classifications
- 2.2: Supply Chain
- 2.3: Industry Drivers and Challenges
3. Market Trends and Forecast Analysis from 2012 to 2023
- 3.1: Macroeconomic Trends and Forecast
- 3.2: Global Video Surveillance Market Trends and Forecast
- 3.3: Global Video Surveillance Market by Type of Product & Service
- 3.3.1: Hardware
- 126.96.36.199: Camera
- 188.8.131.52: Storage
- 184.108.40.206: Encoder
- 220.127.116.11: Others
- 3.3.2: Software
- 3.3.3: Services
- 3.4: Global Video Surveillance Market by System
- 3.4.1: Analog
- 3.4.2: IP Surveillance System
- 3.4.3: Others
- 3.5: Global Video Surveillance Market by End Use Industry
- 3.5.1: Commercial
- 18.104.22.168: Hotel
- 22.214.171.124: Banking & Finance
- 126.96.36.199: Retail
- 188.8.131.52: Others
- 3.5.2: Residential
- 3.5.3: Transportation
- 3.5.4: Government
- 3.5.5: Others
4. Market Trends and Forecast Analysis by Region
- 4.1: Global Video Surveillance Market by Region
- 4.2: North American Video Surveillance Market
- 4.2.1: North American Video Surveillance Market by System
- 4.2.2: North American Video Surveillance Market by End Use Industry
- 4.2.3: US Video Surveillance Market
- 4.2.4: Canadian Video Surveillance Market
- 4.2.5: Mexican Video Surveillance Market
- 4.3: European Video Surveillance Market
- 4.3.1: European Video Surveillance Market by System
- 4.3.2: European Video Surveillance Market by End Use Industry
- 4.3.3: German Video Surveillance Market
- 4.3.4: UK Video Surveillance Market
- 4.3.5: French Video Surveillance Market
- 4.3.6: Italian Video Surveillance Market
- 4.4: APAC Video Surveillance Market
- 4.4.1: APAC Video Surveillance Market by System
- 4.4.2: APAC Video Surveillance Market by End Use Industry
- 4.4.3: Chinese Video Surveillance Market
- 4.4.4: Japanese Video Surveillance Market
- 4.4.5: South Korean Video Surveillance Market
- 4.4.6: Indian Video Surveillance Market
- 4.5: ROW Video Surveillance Market
- 4.5.1: ROW Video Surveillance Market by System
- 4.5.2: ROW Video Surveillance Market by End Use Industry
5. Competitor Analysis
- 5.1: Product Portfolio Analysis
- 5.2: Market Share Analysis
- 5.3: Geographical Reach
- 5.4: Porter's Five Forces Analysis
6. Cost Structure Analysis
- 6.1: Cost of Goods Sold
- 6.2: Selling, General, and Administrative Expenses
- 6.3: Others Expenses
- 6.4: EBITDA Margin
7. Growth Opportunities and Strategic Analysis
- 7.1: Growth Opportunity Analysis
- 7.1.1: Growth Opportunities for the Global Video Surveillance Market by Type of Product & Services
- 7.1.2: Growth Opportunities for the Global Video Surveillance Market by End Use Industry
- 7.1.3: Growth Opportunities for the Global Video Surveillance Market by Region
- 7.2: Emerging Trends in the Global Video Surveillance Market
- 7.3: Strategic Analysis
- 7.3.1: New Product Development
- 7.3.2: Geography Expansion
- 7.3.3: Mergers, Acquisitions, Partnership, and Joint Ventures in the Global Video Surveillance Market
8. Company Profiles of Leading Players
- 8.1: Hangzhou Hikvision Digital Technology Co.Ltd.
- 8.2: Axis Communication
- 8.3: Bosch Security Systems Inc.
- 8.4: Zhejiang Dahua Technology Co. Ltd.
- 8.5: Honeywell Security Group
- 8.6: Panasonic System Communications
- 8.7: Pelco (by Schneider Electric)
- 8.8: Avigilon Corporation
- 8.9: Hanwha Techwin Co. Ltd.
- 8.10: Infinova Corporation
- 8.11: Zhejiang Uniview Technologies Co. Ltd.