The future of the fluoropolymer film market looks promising with opportunities in the electrical and electronics, construction, packaging, transportation, and industrial sector. The global fluoropolymer film market is expected to reach an estimated $2.4 billion by 2023 with a CAGR of 6.5% from 2018 to 2023. The major growth drivers for this market are increasing demand in the medical packaging industry and growth in the solar photovoltaic and construction industries.
Emerging trends, which have a direct impact on the dynamics of the fluoropolymer film industry, include usage of functional fluoropolymer films to encapsulate solar panels on building exteriors, increasing deployment of fluoropolymer films in electrochemical devices, and increasing usage in innovative green technology.
A total of 116 figures / charts and 86 tables are provided in this 192 -page report to help in your business decisions. Sample figures with some insights are shown below. To learn the scope of, benefits, companies researched and other details of this fluoropolymer film market report, download the report brochure.
The study includes the market size and forecast for the global fluoropolymer film market through 2023, segmented by product type, end use industry, and region as follows:
Fluoropolymer Film Market TrendsFluoropolymer Film Market ForecastGlobal Fluoropolymer Film Market by Region
Fluoropolymer Film Market by Product Type [Volume (Tons) and $M shipment analysis for 2012 - 2023]:
PVDF Film PTFE Film PVF Film FEP Film ETFE Film PFA Film Others
Fluoropolymer Film Market by End Use Industry [Volume (Tons) $M shipment analysis for 2012 - 2023]:
Electrical and Electronics Photovoltaic Consumer Electronics Construction Packaging Transportation Industrial Others
Fluoropolymer Film Market by Region [Volume (Tons) $M shipment analysis for 2012 - 2023]:
North America Europe Asia Pacific The Rest of the World
Some of the fluoropolymer films companies profiled in this report include 3M Dyneon, Chemours, Saint-Gobain, Daikin Industries Ltd., and Solvay S.A. among others.
Lucintel forecasts that PVDF film will remain the largest product type and it is also expected to witness the highest growth due to increasing demand in capacitor, photovoltaic module, and lithium-ion batteries.
Within the fluoropolymer film market, electrical and electronics will remain the largest end use industry, and witness highest growth during the forecast period. The demand for fluoropolymer film is growing due to rapid expansion of solar energy, growing demand for electrical appliances, and growth of the semiconductor industry.
Asia Pacific is expected to remain the largest market and experience the highest growth over the forecast period. The growth is supported by government policies for the use of solar power for rural electrification projects, a rise in the demand for electronic products such as laptops, mobile phones, and high resolution television sets, and growth in the construction industry.
Some of the features of "Fluoropolymer Film Market Report: Trends, Forecast and Competitive Analysis" include:
- Market size estimates: Global fluoropolymer film market size estimation in terms of value ($M) and volume (Tons) shipment.
- Trend and forecast analysis: Market trend (2012-2017) and forecast (2018-2023) by segments and region.Segmentation analysis: Global fluoropolymer film market size by various applications such as product, and end use industry in terms of value and volume shipment.Regional analysis: Global fluoropolymer film market breakdown by North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, and the Rest of the World.Growth opportunities: Analysis on growth opportunities in different applications and regions of fluoropolymer film in the global fluoropolymer film market.Strategic analysis: This includes M&A, new product development, and competitive landscape of fluoropolymer film in the global fluoropolymer film market. Analysis of competitive intensity of the industry based on Porter's Five Forces model.
This report answers following 11 key questions:
- Q.1 What are some of the most promising potential, high-growth opportunities for the global fluoropolymer film market by product type, which includes polytetrafluoroethylene (PTFE), polyvinylidine fluoride (PVDF), fluorinated ethylene propylene (FEP), polyvinyl fluoride (PVF), perfluoroalkoxy alkane (PFA), ethylene tetrafluoroethylene (ETFE), and others (ECTFE, PCTFE, and TVH), by end use industry such as electrical and electronics, construction, packaging, transportation, industrial, and other end use industries, and by region including North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, and the Rest of the World?
- Q.2 Which segments will grow at a faster pace and why?
- Q.3 Which regions will grow at a faster pace and why?
- Q.4 What are the key factors affecting market dynamics? What are the drivers and challenges of the fluoropolymer film market?
- Q.5 What are the business risks and threats to the fluoropolymer film market?
- Q.6 What are emerging trends in this fluoropolymer film market and the reasons behind them?
- Q.7 What are some of the changing demands of customers in the fluoropolymer film market?
- Q.8 What are the new developments in the fluoropolymer film market? Which companies are leading these developments?
- Q.9 Who are the major players in this fluoropolymer film market? What strategic initiatives are being implemented by key players for business growth?
- Q.10 What are some of the competitive products and processes in this fluoropolymer film area and how big of a threat do they pose for loss of market share via material or product substitution?
- Q.11 What M & A activities have taken place in the last 5 years in this fluoropolymer film market?
Table of Contents
1. Executive Summary
2. Market Background and Classifications
- 2.1: Introduction, Background, and Classification
- 2.2: Supply Chain
- 2.3: Industry Drivers and Challenges
3. Market Trends and Forecast Analysis from 2012 to 2023
- 3.1: Macroeconomic Trends and Forecast
- 3.2: Global Fluoropolymer Film Market Trends and Forecast
- 3.3: Global Fluoropolymer Film Market by Product
- 3.3.1: PTFE Film
- 3.3.2: PVDF Film
- 3.3.3: PVF Film
- 3.3.4: FEP Film
- 3.3.5: ETFE Film
- 3.3.6: PFA Film
- 3.3.7: Other Fluoropolymer Films
- 3.4: Global Fluoropolymer Film Market by End Use
- 3.4.1: Electrical and Electronics
- 184.108.40.206: Photovoltaic (PV)
- 3.4.2: Construction
- 3.4.3: Packaging
- 3.4.4: Transportation
- 3.4.5: Industrial
- 3.4.6: Other End Use Industries
4. Market Trends and Forecast Analysis by Region
- 4.1: Global Fluoropolymer Film Market by Region
- 4.2: North American Fluoropolymer Film Market
- 4.2.1: Market by Product Type: PTFE, PVDF, FEP, PVF, PFA, ETFE, and Others
- 4.3: European Fluoropolymer Film Market
- 4.3.1: Market by Product Type: PTFE, PVDF, FEP, PVF, PFA, ETFE, and Others
- 4.4: APAC Fluoropolymer Film Market
- 4.4.1: Market by Product Type: PTFE, PVDF, FEP, PVF, PFA, ETFE, and Others
- 4.5: ROW Fluoropolymer Film Market
- 4.5.1: Market by Product Type: PTFE, PVDF, FEP, PVF, PFA, ETFE, and Others
5. Competitor Analysis
- 5.1: Product Portfolio Analysis
- 5.2: Market Share Analysis
- 5.3: Geographical Reach
- 5.4: Porter's Five Forces Analysis
6. Growth Opportunities and Strategic Analysis
- 6.1: Growth Opportunity Analysis
- 6.1.1: Growth Opportunities for the Global Fluoropolymer Film Market by Product Type
- 6.1.2: Growth Opportunities for the Global Fluoropolymer Film Market by End Use Industry
- 6.1.3: Growth Opportunities for the Global Fluoropolymer Film Market by Region
- 6.2: Emerging Trends of the Global Fluoropolymer Film Market
- 6.3: Strategic Analysis
- 6.3.1: New Product Development
- 6.3.2: Capacity Expansion of the Global Fluoropolymer Market
- 6.3.3: Mergers, Acquisitions and Joint Ventures in the Global Fluoropolymer Market
- 6.3.4: Certification and Licensing
- 6.3.5: Technology Development
7. Company Profiles of Leading Players
- 7.1: Daikin
- 7.2: Saint-Gobain
- 7.3: 3M Dyneon
- 7.4: Chemours (DuPont)
- 7.5: Arkema
- 7.6: Asahi Glass Corporation
- 7.7: Kureha Corporation
- 7.8: Honeywell Inc.
- 7.9: SOLVAY Solexis S.P.A
- 7.10: DUNMORE Corporation