The future of the polarizer film market looks attractive with opportunities in the television, monitor, notebook, and cell phone markets. The global polarizer film market is expected to reach an estimated $16 billion by 2023 and is forecast to grow at a CAGR of 6.1% from 2018 to 2023. The major growth drivers for this market are increasing demand for mobile phone and television displays, increasing demand for larger panel size, increasing penetration of quantum dot displays (QD-LED) for better visibility, and growth in demand for high quality organic light-emitting diode (OLED) displays in smartphones.
Emerging trends, which have a direct impact on the dynamics of the polarizer film industry, include development of ultra-thin polarizer film and the development of blue light high transmission polarizer film.
A total of 95 figures / charts and 73 tables are provided in this 200 -page report to help in your business decisions. Sample figures with some insights are shown below. To learn the scope of, benefits, companies researched and other details of this polarizer film market report, download the report brochure.
The study includes the market size and forecast for the global polarizer film market through 2023, segmented by technology, application, and region as follows:
Polarizer Film Market by Technology [Volume (M Sqm) and $M shipment analysis for 2012 - 2023]:
- Super Twisted Nematic (STN)
- Thin Film Transistor (TFT)
- Twisted Nematic (TN)
Polarizer Film Market by End Use [Volume (M Sqm) and $M shipment analysis for 2012 - 2023]:
- Mobile Phones
Polarizer Film Market by Region [Volume (M Sqm) and $M shipment analysis for 2012 - 2023]:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- The Rest of the World
Some of the polarizer film companies profiled in this report include Nitto Denko, Sumitomo, Chem, LG Chem, Fujifilm, and Mntech among others.
Lucintel forecasts that TFT film will remain the largest market and witness the highest growth in the forecast period due to its attractive properties of delivering better resolution, energy efficiency, and low price.
Within the polarizer film market, television segment is expected to remain the largest end use market due to the increasing demand for LED display and growth in larger display size. The mobile phone segment is expected to witness the highest growth in the forecast period supported by increasing demand for smartphones in China, India, and other developing regions.
Asia Pacific is expected to remain the largest market by value and volume and is also expected to witness the highest growth over the forecast period because of significant growth in the demand for larger screen televisions and increasing demand for smartphones in India and China.
Some of the features of "Polarizer Film Market Report: Trends, Forecast and Competitive Analysis" include:
- Market size estimates : Global polarizer film market size estimation in terms of value ($M) and volume (M Sqm) shipment.
- Trend and forecast analysis : Market trend (2012-2017) and forecast (2018-2023) by segments and region.
- Segmentation analysis : Global polarizer film market size by various applications such as technology, and application in terms of value and volume shipment.
- Regional analysis : Global polarizer film market breakdown by North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, and the Rest of the World.
- Growth opportunities : Analysis on growth opportunities in different applications and regions of polarizer film in the global polarizer film market.
- Strategic analysis : This includes M&A, new product development, and competitive landscape of polarizer film in the global polarizer film market.
- Analysis of competitive intensity of the industry based on Porter's Five Forces model.
This report answers following 11 key questions:
- Q.1 What are some of the most promising potential, high-growth opportunities for the global polarizer film market by technology (thin film transistor, super twisted nematic, and twisted nematic), application (television, monitor, notebook, mobile phone, and others), and region (North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, and the Rest of the World)?
- Q.2 Which segments will grow at a faster pace and why?
- Q.3 Which regions will grow at a faster pace and why?
- Q.4 What are the key factors affecting market dynamics? What are the drivers and challenges of the polarizer film market?
- Q.5 What are the business risks and threats to the polarizer film market?
- Q.6 What are emerging trends in this polarizer film market and the reasons behind them?
- Q.7 What are some changing demands of customers in the polarizer film market?
- Q.8 What are the new developments in the market? Which companies are leading these developments?
- Q.9 Who are the major players in this polarizer film market? What strategic initiatives are being implemented by key players for business growth?
- Q.10 What are some of the competitive products and processes in this polarizer film area and how big of a threat do they pose for loss of market share via material or product substitution?
- Q.11 What M & A activities have taken place in the last 5 years in this polarizer film market?
Table of Contents
1. Executive Summary
2. Market Background and Classification
- 2.1: Introduction, Background, and Classifications
- 2.2: Supply Chain
- 2.3: Industry Drivers and Challenges
3. Market Trends and Forecast Analysis from 2012 to 2023
- 3.1: Macroeconomic Trends and Forecast
- 3.2: Global Polarizer Film Market Trends and Forecast
- 3.3: Global Polarizer Film Market by Application
- 3.3.1: Television
- 3.3.2: Monitor
- 3.3.3: Notebook
- 3.3.4: Mobile Phone
- 3.3.5: Others
- 3.4: Global Polarizer Film Market by Technology
- 3.4.1: STN Polarizer Film
- 3.4.2: TFT Polarizer Film
- 3.4.3: TN Polarizer Film
4. Market Trends and Forecast Analysis by Region
- 4.1: Global Polarizer Film Market by Region
- 4.2: North American Polarizer Film Market
- 4.2.1: Market by Application: Television, Monitor, Notebook, Mobile Phones, and Others
- 4.3: European Polarizer Film Market
- 4.3.1: Market by Application: Television, Monitor, Notebook, Mobile Phones, and Others
- 4.4: APAC Polarizer Film Market
- 4.4.1: Market by Application: Television, Monitor, Notebook, Mobile Phones, and Others
- 4.4.2: Japanese Polarizer Film Market
- 4.4.3: Taiwanese Polarizer Film Market
- 4.4.4: South Korean Polarizer Film Market
- 4.4.5: Chinese Polarizer Film Market
- 4.5: ROW Polarizer Film Market
- 4.5.1: Market by Application: Television, Monitor, Notebook, Mobile Phone, and Others
5. Competitor Analysis
- 5.1: Product Portfolio Analysis
- 5.2: Market Share Analysis
- 5.3: Geographical Reach
- 5.4: Porter's Five Forces Analysis
6. Growth Opportunities and Strategic Analysis
- 6.1: Growth Opportunity Analysis
- 6.1.1: Growth Opportunities for the Global Polarizer Film Market by Technology
- 6.1.2: Growth Opportunities for the Global Polarizer Film Market by Application
- 6.1.3: Growth Opportunities for the Global Polarizer Film Market by Region
- 6.2: Emerging Trends in the Global Polarizer Film Market
- 6.3: Strategic Analysis
- 6.3.1: New Product Development
- 6.3.2: Capacity Expansion in the Global Polarizer film market
- 6.3.3: Mergers, Acquisitions, and Joint Ventures in the Global Polarizer Film Market
- 6.3.4: Technology Development
7. Company Profiles of Leading Players
- 7.1: Nitto Denko Corporation
- 7.2: LG Chem
- 7.3: Fujifilm
- 7.4: Sumitomo Chem
- 7.5: Samsung SDI
- 7.6: Dexerials Corporation
- 7.7: Polatechno Co., Ltd.
- 7.8: Shenzhen Sunnypol Optoelectronics Co., Ltd.
- 7.9: BenQ Materials Corporation