The future of the connector market looks promising with opportunities in the transportation, telecom/datacom, computer and peripheral, industrial, and consumer electronics industries. The connector market is expected to decline in 2020 due to global economic recession led by COVID-19. However, market will witness recovery in the year 2021 and it is expected to reach an estimated $77.5 billion by 2025 with a CAGR of 3% to 5% from 2020 to 2025. The major growth drivers for this market are growth in communication and consumer electronics industries, miniaturization of electronic devices, and increasing electronic content in vehicles.
Emerging trends, which have a direct impact on the dynamics of the connector industry, include increasing demand for high speed connectors, shift towards compact and thinner connectors, and development of high power connectors.
A total of 157 figures / charts and 132 tables are provided in this 190-page report to help in your business decisions. Sample figures with insights are shown below. To learn the scope of benefits, companies researched, and other details of the connector market report, please download the report brochure.
In this market, telecommunications and devices is the largest end use industry, whereas PCB connector is the largest market by product type. Growth in various segments of the connector market are given below:
Connector Market by Segments
The study includes trends and forecasts for the global connector market by product type, end use industry, and region as follows:
By Product Type [$M and Million Unit shipment analysis for 2014 - 2025]:
- PCB (Printed circuit board) Connectors
- Rectangular I/O
- Application Specific Connectors
- Fiber Optic Connectors
- RF (Radio Frequency) Coax
- Circular Connectors
- IC (Integrated circuit) Sockets
By End Use Industry [$M and Million Unit shipment analysis for 2014 - 2025]:
- Consumer Electronics
- Computer and Peripherals
By Region [$M and Million Unit shipment analysis for 2014 - 2025):
- North America
- United States
- United Kingdom
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- The Rest of the World
- Some of the connector companies profiled in this report include TE Connectivity Ltd., Amphenol Corporation, Molex Incorporated, Hon Hai Precision, and Delphi Connection.
- Lucintel forecasts that PCB connector will remain the largest product type due to growth in computer, consumer electronics, and communication industries. The fiber optic connector segment is expected to witness the highest growth rate due to its easy installation, fast connection, low signal loss, and high performance, which are highly required in optical communications.
- Within the connector market, transportation will remain the largest end use industry and witness the highest growth during the forecast due to increasing electronic content in automotive vehicles due to the proliferation of infotainment, telematics, and safety systems.
- APAC will remain the largest region, and it is also expected to witness the highest growth over the over the forecast period due to growth in automotive production, industrial automation, increasing demand for smartphones, and growth in consumer electronics.
- Some of the features of this report:
- Market Size Estimates: Connector market size estimation in terms of value ($M) and volume (million units) shipment.
- Trend and Forecast Analysis: Market trends (2014-2019) and forecast (2020-2025) by various segments and regions.
- Segmentation Analysis: Connector market size by various segments, such as product type and end use industry, in terms of value and volume shipment.
- Regional Analysis: Connector market breakdown by North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, and the Rest of the World.
- Growth Opportunities: Analysis on growth opportunities in different end use industries, product type, and regions for connector market.
- Strategic Analysis: This includes M&A, new product development, and competitive landscape for the connector market.
- Analysis of competitive intensity of the industry based on Porter's Five Forces model.
This report answers following 11 key questions:
- Q.1 What are some of the most promising potential, high-growth opportunities for the global connector market by product type (PCB (Printed Circuit Board) connectors, fiber optic connectors, rectangular I/O, RF (Radio Frequency) coax, application specific connectors, circular connectors, IC (Integrated circuit) sockets, and others), end use industry (transportation, consumer electronics, computer & peripherals, industrial, telecom/datacom, and others), and region (North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, and the Rest of the World)?
- Q.2 Which segments will grow at a faster pace and why?
- Q.3 Which regions will grow at a faster pace and why?
- Q.4 What are the key factors affecting market dynamics? What are the drivers and challenges of the connector market?
- Q.5 What are the business risks and threats to the connector market?
- Q.6 What are emerging trends in this connector market and the reasons behind them?
- Q.7 What are some changing demands of customers in the connector market?
- Q.8 What are the new developments in the connector market? Which companies are leading these developments?
- Q.9 Who are the major players in the connector market? What strategic initiatives are being implemented by key players for business growth?
- Q.10 What are some of the competitive products and processes in the connector market, and how big of a threat do they pose for loss of market share via material or product substitution?
- Q.11 What M&A activities did take place in the last five years in the connector market?
- Report Scope
- Key Features Description
- Base Year for Estimation 2019
- Trend Period
- (Actual Estimates) 2014-2019
- Forecast Period 2020-2025
- Pages 190
- Market Representation / Units Revenue in US $ Billion and Volume in Million Units
- Report Coverage Market Trends & Forecasts, Competitor Analysis, New Product Development, Company Expansion, Merger Acquisitions & Joint Venture, and Company Profiling
- Market Segments By product type (PCB connector, fiber optic connector, rectangular I/O, etc.), By end use industry (transportation, consumer electronics, etc.)
- Regional Scope North America (The United States, Canada, and Mexico), Europe (Germany, the UK, France, and Italy), Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, and South Korea), and RoW
- Customization 10% Customization Without any Additional Cost
Table of Contents
1. Executive Summary
2. Market Background and Classifications
- 2.1: Introduction, Background, and Classifications
- 2.2: Supply Chain
- 2.3: Industry Drivers and Challenges
3. Market Trends and Forecast Analysis from 2014 to 2025
- 3.1: Macroeconomic Trends (2014-2019) and Forecast (2020-2025)
- 3.2: Global Connector Market Trends (2014-2019) and Forecast (2020-2025)
- 3.3: Global Connector Market by End Use Industry
- 3.3.1: Transportation
- 3.3.2: Consumer Electronics
- 3.3.3: Computer and Peripherals
- 3.3.4: Industrial
- 3.3.5: Telecom/Datacom
- 3.3.6: Others
- 3.4: Global Connector Market by Product
- 3.4.1: PCB Connectors
- 3.4.2: Fiber Optic Connectors
- 3.4.3: Rectangular I/O
- 3.4.4: RF Coax
- 3.4.5: Application Specific Connectors
- 3.4.6: Circular Connectors
- 3.4.7: IC Sockets
- 3.4.8: Others
4. Market Trends and Forecast Analysis by Region from 2014 to 2025
- 4.1: Global Connector Market by Region
- 4.2: North American Connector Market
- 4.2.1: Market by End Use Industry
- 4.2.2: Market by Product Type
- 4.2.3: The US Connector Market
- 4.2.4: The Canadian Connector Market
- 4.2.5: The Mexican Connector Market
- 4.3: European Connector Market
- 4.3.1: Market by End Use Industry
- 4.3.2: Market by Product Type
- 4.3.3: German Connector Market
- 4.3.4: United Kingdom Connector Market
- 4.3.5: French Connector Market
- 4.3.6: Italian Connector Market
- 4.4: APAC Connector Market
- 4.4.1:Market by End Use Industry
- 4.4.2: Market by Product Type
- 4.4.3: Chinese Connector Market
- 4.4.4: Japanese Connector Market
- 4.4.5: Indian Connector Market
- 4.4.6: South Korean Connector Market
- 4.5: ROW Connector Market
- 4.5.1: Market by End Use Industry
- 4.5.2: Market by Product Type
5. Competitor Analysis
- 5.1: Product Portfolio Analysis
- 5.2: Market Share Analysis
- 5.3: Geographical Reach
- 5.4: Porter's Five Forces Analysis
6. Cost Structure Analysis
- 6.1: Cost of Goods Sold
- 6.2: SG&A
- 6.3: Other Expense
- 6.4: EBITDA Margin
7. Growth Opportunities and Strategic Analysis
- 7.1: Growth Opportunity Analysis
- 7.1.1: Growth Opportunities for the Global Connector Market by End Use Industry
- 7.1.2: Growth Opportunities for the Global Connector Market by Product Type
- 7.1.3: Growth Opportunities for the Global Connector Market by Region
- 7.2: Emerging Trends in the Global Connector Market
- 7.3: Strategic Analysis
- 7.3.1: New Product Development
- 7.3.2: Capacity Expansion of the Global Connector Market
- 7.3.3: Technology Development
- 7.3.4: Mergers and Acquisitions in the Global Connector Industry
8. Company Profiles of Leading Players
- 8.1: TE Connectivity Ltd.
- 8.2: Amphenol Corporation
- 8.3: Molex Incorporated
- 8.4: Hon Hai Precision Industry Co., Ltd.
- 8.5: Volex PLC
- 8.6: Japan Aviation Electronics Industry, Ltd.
- 8.7: Delphi Connection Systems
- 8.8: Hirose Electric Co., Ltd