Connector Market Report: Trends, Forecast and Competitive Analysis
Trends, opportunities and forecast to 2023 product type (PCB (Printed circuit board) connector, fiber optic connector, rectangular I/O, RF (Radio Frequency) coax, application specific connector, circular connector, IC (Integrated circuit) sockets, and others), end use industry (automotive and transportation, consumer electronics, computer and peripherals, industrial, telecom/datacom, and others), and region (North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, and the Rest of the World).
The future of the connector market looks promising with opportunities in the automotive and transportation, telecom/datacom, computer and peripheral, industrial, and consumer electronics industry. The global connector market is expected to reach an estimated $80.4 billion by 2023 with a CAGR of 4.9% from 2018 to 2023. The major growth drivers for this market are growing 3C applications (Computers, Communications, and Consumer Electronics), miniaturization of electronic devices, and demand for products with advanced features, convenience, and connectivity.
Emerging trends, which have a direct impact on the dynamics of the connector industry, includes Increasing demand for high speed connectors, shift towards compact and thinner connectors, development of high power connectors.
A total of 95 figures / charts and 66 tables are provided in this 167 -page report to help in your business decisions. Sample figures with some insights are shown below.
The study includes the connector market size and forecast for the global connector market through 2023, segmented by product type, end use industry, and region as follows:
Connector Market by Product Type [$M shipment analysis for 2012 - 2023]:
- PCB (Printed circuit board) Connector
- Rectangular I/O
- Application Specific Connector
- Fiber Optic Connector
- RF (Radio Frequency) Coax
- Circular Connector
- IC (Integrated circuit) Sockets
Connector Market by End Use Industry [$M shipment analysis for 2012 - 2023]:
- Automotive and Transportation
- Consumer Electronics
- Computer and Peripherals
Connector Market by Region [$M shipment analysis for 2012 - 2023]:
- United Kingdom
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
Some of the connector companies profiled in this report include TE Connectivity Ltd., Amphenol Corporation, Molex Incorporated, Hon Hai Precision, and Delphi Connection.
Lucintel forecasts that PCB connector will remain the largest product type due to growing automation in various sectors such as automotive, industrial, and military is driving the PCB connectors. Fiber optic connector segment is expected to witness the highest growth rate due to its easy installation, fast connection, low signal loss, and high performance which are highly required in optical communications.
Within the connector market, the automotive and transportation will remain the largest end use industry and witness highest growth during the forecast period due to increasing electronic content in vehicles, increasing need for safety systems, and growing demand for hybrid and electric vehicles.
Asia Pacific is expected to remain the largest market and will experience the highest growth over the forecast period. The growth is supported by growth in automotive production, growing demand in tablets and smartphones, and increasing industrial automation, and growth in demand for home appliances. The awareness regarding increasing air pollution levels has encouraged the adoption of electric vehicles that create tremendous opportunities for connectors in China, Japan, India, and other countries.
Some of the features of “Connector Market Report: Trends, Forecast and Competitive Analysis” include:
- Market size estimates: Global connector market size estimation in terms of value ($M) shipment.
- Trend and forecast analysis: Market trend (2012-2017) and forecast (2018-2023) by segments and region.
- Segmentation analysis: Global connector market size by various applications such as product, and end use in terms of value and volume shipment.
- Regional analysis: Global connector market breakdown by North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, and the Rest of the World.
- Growth opportunities: Analysis on growth opportunities in different applications and regions of connector in the global connector market.
- Strategic analysis: This includes M&A, new product development, and competitive landscape of connector in the global connector market.
- Analysis of competitive intensity of the industry based on Porter's Five Forces model.
This report answers following 11 key questions:
- Q.1. What are some of the most promising potential, high-growth opportunities for the global connector market by product type (PCB (Printed circuit board) connector, fiber optic connector, rectangular I/O, RF (Radio Frequency) coax, application specific connector, circular connector, IC (Integrated circuit) sockets, and others), end use industry (automotive and transportation, consumer electronics, computer and peripherals, industrial, telecom/datacom, and others), and region (North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, and the Rest of the World)?
- Q.2. Which segments will grow at a faster pace and why?
- Q.3. Which regions will grow at a faster pace and why?
- Q.4. What are the key factors affecting market dynamics? What are the drivers and challenges of the connector market?
- Q.5. What are the business risks and threats to the connector market?
- Q.6. What are emerging trends in this connector market and the reasons behind them?
- Q.7. What are some changing demands of customers in the connector market?
- Q.8. What are the new developments in the connector market? Which companies are leading these developments?
- Q.9. Who are the major players in this connector market? What strategic initiatives are being implemented by key players for business growth?
- Q.10. What are some of the competitive products and processes in this connector area and how big of a threat do they pose for loss of market share via material or product substitution?
- Q.11. What M & A activities have taken place in the last 5 years in this connector market?
Table of Contents
1. Executive Summary
2. Market Background and Classifications
- 2.1: Introduction, Background, and Classifications
- 2.1.1: Properties of Connectors
- 2.1.2: Structure of Connectors
- 2.1.3: Industry Classification
- 2.2: Supply Chain
- 2.3: Industry Drivers and Challenges
3. Market Trends and Forecast Analysis from 2012 to 2023
- 3.1: Macroeconomic Trends and Forecast
- 3.2: Global Connector Market Trends and Forecast
- 3.3: Global Connector Market by End Use Industry
- 3.3.1: Automotive and Transportation
- 3.3.2: Consumer Electronics
- 3.3.3: Computer and Peripherals
- 3.3.4: Industrial
- 3.3.5: Telecom/Datacom
- 3.3.6: Others
- 3.4: Global Connector Market by Product
- 3.4.1: PCB Connectors
- 3.4.2: Fiber Optic Connectors
- 3.4.3: Rectangular I/O
- 3.4.4: RF Coax
- 3.4.5: Application Specific Connectors
- 3.4.6: Circular Connectors
- 3.4.7: IC Sockets
- 3.4.8: Others
4. Market Trends and Forecast Analysis by Region
- 4.1: Global Connector Market by Region
- 4.2: North American Connector Market
- 4.2.1: Market by End Use Industry: Automotive and Transportation, Consumer Electronics, Computer and Peripheral, Industrial, Telecom/Datacom, and Others
- 4.2.2: The US Connector Market
- 4.2.3: The Canadian Connector Market
- 4.2.4: The Mexican Connector Market
- 4.3: European Connector Market
- 4.3.1: Market by End Use Industry: Automotive and Transportation, Consumer Electronics, Computer and Peripheral, Industrial, Telecom/Datacom, and Others
- 4.3.2: German Connector Market
- 4.3.3: United Kingdom Connector Market
- 4.3.4: French Connector Market
- 4.3.5: Italian Connector Market
- 4.4: APAC Connector Market
- 4.4.1: Market by End Use Industry: Automotive and Transportation, Consumer Electronics, Computer and Peripheral, Industrial, Telecom/Datacom, and Others
- 4.4.2: Chinese Connector Market
- 4.4.3: Japanese Connector Market
- 4.4.4: Indian Connector Market
- 4.4.5: South Korean Connector Market
- 4.5: ROW Connector Market