The future of the carbon black market looks promising with opportunities in the transportation, industrial, and building and construction sectors. The carbon black market is expected to reach an estimated $24.8 billion by 2024 with a CAGR of 6.6% from 2019 to 2024. The major drivers for this market are increasing tire production and growth in plastic and coating market.
Emerging trends, which have a direct impact on the dynamics of the industry, include growing usage of recycled and bio-based carbon black and a shifting focus from commodities to more specialized grades of carbon black. Birla Carbon, Cabot Corporation, China Synthetic Rubber (CSR), Orion Engineered Carbons Holdings, OMSK Carbon Group, Tokai Carbon, Philips Carbon Black, and Sid Richardson Carbon & Energy are among the major carbon black providers.
A total of 153 figures / charts and 137 tables are provided in this 247 -page report to help in your business decisions. Sample figures with some insights are shown below. To learn the scope of, benefits, companies researched and other details of carbon black market report download the report brochure.
The study includes the carbon black market size and forecast for the carbon black market through 2024, segmented by application type, grade, end use industry, attributes, and the region as follows:
Carbon Black Market by Application Type [$M shipment analysis from 2013 to 2024]:
- Tire Rubber
- Non-Tire Rubber
Carbon Black Market by End Use Industry [$M shipment analysis from 2013 to 2024]:
- Building and Construction
- Printing and Packaging
Carbon Black Market by Grade [$M shipment analysis from 2013 to 2024]:
- Commodity Carbon Black
- Specialty Carbon Black
Carbon Black Market by Attribute Type [$M shipment analysis from 2013 to 2024]:
- Coloring (Pigmentation)
- UV Protection
Carbon Black Market by Region [$M shipment analysis for 2013 to 2024]:
- North America
- United States
- Asia Pacific
- The Rest of the World
Some of the carbon black companies profiled in this report include Birla Carbon, Orion Engineered Carbons, Cabot Corporation, Omsk Carbon Group, Philips Carbon Black, China Synthetic Rubber Corporation, and others.
Lucintel predicts that carbon black for tire rubber will remain the largest application over the forecast period supported by increasing demand for passenger cars and light commercial vehicles. Lucintel forecasts that the plastic is expected to witness the highest growth over the forecast period due to growth in the plastic pipes, wire & cable, and packaging market.
Within the carbon black market, transportation will remain the largest end use industry during the forecast period supported by increasing demand for the tire and mechanical rubber goods. Lucintel predicts that the demand for carbon black in the packaging end use is likely to experience the highest growth in the forecast period supported by growth in the food and beverages, household products, personal care, and pharmaceuticals sectors
Asia Pacific will remain the largest region by value and volume and it is also expected to witness the highest growth over the forecast period supported by higher vehicle production and shift of tire production in low-cost countries, such as India and China.
Some of the features of "Carbon Black Report: Trends, Forecast and Competitive Analysis" include:
- Market size estimates: carbon black market size estimation in terms of value ($M) shipment.
- Trend and forecast analysis: Market trend (2013-2018) and forecast (2019-2024) by end use industry.
- Segmentation analysis: carbon black market size by usage type, product type, and application in terms of value shipment.
- Regional analysis: carbon black market breakdown by key regions such as North America, Europe, and Asia & Rest of World.
- Growth opportunities: Analysis on growth opportunities in different applications and regions of carbon black in the carbon black market.
- Strategic analysis: This includes M&A, new product development, and competitive landscape of carbon black in the carbon black market.
- Analysis of competitive intensity of the industry based on Porter's Five Forces model.
This report answers the following 11 key questions:
- Q.1 What are some of the most promising, high-growth opportunities for the carbon black market by application (tire rubber, non-tire rubber, plastic, ink, coating, and others), by end use industry (transportation, industrial, building and construction, printing and packaging, and others), grade (commodity carbon black and specialty carbon black) and by region (North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, and the Rest of the World)?
- Q.2 Which segments will grow at a faster pace and why?
- Q.3 Which regions will grow at a faster pace and why?
- Q.4 What are the key factors affecting market dynamics? What are the drivers and challenges of the carbon black market?
- Q.5 What are the business risks and threats to the carbon black market?
- Q.6 What are the emerging trends in this carbon black market and reasons behind them?
- Q.7 What are some changing demands of customers in the carbon black market?
- Q.8 What are the new developments in the carbon black market? Which companies are leading these developments?
- Q.9 Who are the major players in this carbon black market? What strategic initiatives are being implemented by key players for business growth?
- Q.10 What are some of the competitive products and processes in this area and how big of a threat do they pose for loss of carbon black market share via product substitution?
- Q.11 What M&A activity has occurred in the last 5 years?
Table of Contents
1. Executive Summary
2. Carbon Black Market Dynamics
- 2.1: Introduction, Background, and Classifications
- 2.2: Supply Chain
- 2.3: Industry Drivers and Challenges
3. Market Trends and Forecast Analysis from 2013 to 2024
- 3.1: Macroeconomic Trends and Forecasts
- 3.2: Carbon Black Market Trends and Forecast
- 3.3: Carbon Black Market by Application Type
- 3.3.1: Tire Rubber
- 3.3.2: Non-Tire Rubber
- 3.3.3: Plastic
- 3.3.4: Ink
- 3.3.5: Coating
- 3.3.6: Others
- 3.5 Carbon Black Market by Grade Type:
- 3.5.1: Commodity Carbon Black
- 3.5.2: Specialty Carbon Black
- 3.6: Carbon Black Market by End Use Industry Type:
- 3.6.1: Transportation
- 3.6.2: Industrial
- 3.6.3: Building and Construction
- 3.6.4: Printing and Packaging
- 3.6.5: Others
- 3.7: Carbon Black Market by Attribute Type:
- 3.7.1: Reinforcement
- 3.7.2: Color
- 3.7.3: Conductive
- 3.7.4: UV Protection
- 3.7.4: Others
- 3.5.3: Others
4. Market Trends and Forecast Analysis by Region
- 4.1: Carbon Black Market by Region
- 4.2: North American Carbon Black Market
- 4.2.1: Market by Product
- 4.2.2: United States Carbon Black Market
- 4.2.3: Canadian Carbon Black Market
- 4.2.4: Mexican Carbon Black Market
- 4.3: European Carbon Black Market
- 4.3.1: Market by Product
- 4.3.2: Russian Carbon Black Market
- 4.3.3: French Carbon Black Market
- 4.3.4: German Carbon Black Market
- 4.3.5: Italian Carbon Black Market
- 4.3.6: United Kingdom Carbon Black Market
- 4.4: APAC Carbon Black Market
- 4.4.1: Market by Product
- 4.4.2: Chinese Carbon Black Market
- 4.4.3: Indian Carbon Black Market
- 4.4.4: The Korean Carbon Black Market
- 4.4.5: The Japanese Carbon Black Market
- 4.4.6: The Indonesian Carbon Black Market
- 4.5: ROW Carbon Black Market
- 4.5.1: Market by Product
- 4.5.2: Turkey Carbon Black Market
- 4.5.3: Brazilian Carbon Black Market
- 4.5.4: Iranian Carbon Black Market
5. Competitor Analysis
- 5.1: Product Portfolio Analysis
- 5.2: Market Share Analysis
- 5.3: Operational Integration
- 5.4: Geographical Reach
- 5.5: Porter's Five Forces Analysis
6. Growth Opportunities and Strategic Analysis
- 6.1: Growth Opportunity Analysis
- 6.1.1: Growth Opportunities for the Carbon Black Market by Application
- 6.1.2: Growth Opportunities for the Carbon Black Market by Grade
- 6.1.3: Growth Opportunities for the Carbon Black Market by End Use Industry
- 6.1.3: Growth Opportunities for the Carbon Black Market by Attribute
- 6.1.4: Growth Opportunities for the Carbon Black Market by Region
- 6.2: Emerging Trends in the Carbon Black Market
- 6.3: Strategic Analysis
- 6.3.1: New Product Development
- 6.3.2: Capacity Expansion in the Carbon Black Market
- 6.3.3: Mergers, Acquisitions, and Joint Ventures in the Carbon Black
7. Company Profiles of Leading Player
- 7.1: Birla Carbon,
- 7.2: Cabot Corporation,
- 7.3: Omsk Carbon Group
- 7.4: Philips Carbon Black
- 7.5: China Synthetic Rubber Corporation,
- 7.6: Tokai Carbon Co., Ltd.
- 7.7: Richardson Carbon & Energy Co.
- 7.8: Denka Company Limited
- 7.9: Himadri Specialty Chemical Ltd
- 7.10: Imerys Graphite & Carbon