Product Code: KPOT001R
The global power equipment market has been growing steadily over the last five years with recent growth in the developing countries like China, and India due to their strong economic progress lately. The industry is capital intensive and promises a better future with new evolving research methodologies. The global power industry stood at US$ 342.0 billion in 2014 with an estimate to reach US$ 457.0 billion by 2019. This report captures the scenario of the power equipment industry across the globe with special focus on India and their effect on the demand for electrical equipment. Power equipment manufacturers in India as well as internationally can tap the pool of opportunities in the Indian power market which boasts of great potential in the coming decade.
According to the National Manufacturing Competitiveness Council (NMCC) estimates, India's manufacturing sector will contribute 25% to the country's GDP by 2025, in which electrical equipment will occupy a major pie.
100% FDI allowance in the electric machinery sector will also boost investments from the country and abroad, thereby increasing industry revenue in the years to come. Also research and development activities will strengthen the electric machinery sector enabling India to evolve as a key manufacturing hub.
In 2014, the value of the Indian electrical equipment market stood at US$ 25.6 billion, accounting for a market share of approximately 7%.
Kable's Power Equipment Sector Report analyses the current trends, drivers, and inhibitors impacting the power equipment market. The report outlines the overall power equipment sector, and identifies and assesses the best performing vendors in the market. This report also presents Kable's view of the revenue opportunities in the power equipment market through to 2019, highlighting the demand for power equipment in India, and the industry's investment priorities in the sector.In particular, it provides an in-depth analysis of the following:
- The latest trends impacting the power equipment market.
- The market drivers (both supply-side and demand-side) that will facilitate the growth of the power equipment market.
- The market inhibitors that may negatively impact the power equipment industry.
- Identification of the top power equipment manufacturers in the market, coupled with an overview of the top 5 manufacturers.
- The primary findings from Kable's view of revenue opportunities in the power equipment market through to 2019, highlighting the industry's investment priorities based on government policies and initiatives related to the Indian power equipment industry.
Reasons To Buy
- Understand the power equipment landscape, the recent trends, drivers, and inhibitors shaping the industry.
- Comprehend the vendor landscape and track their relative performance in the power equipment market to gain a competitive advantage.
- Enhance your market segmentation by analyzing the revenue opportunity forecasts figure in the power equipment market from 2015 to 2019, including power equipment contract award data.
- Understand how power industry's equipment requirements are set to change in the next five years in order to prioritize your target market.
Table of Contents
1. Executive Summary
2. Indian Power Equipment Market Growth and Forecast
- 2.1. Indian Power Equipment Market
3. Market Data - Historic
- 3.1. Global and India Market Value 2010-2014
4. Market Data - Forecast
- 4.1. Global and India market value 2015-2019
5. Indian Power Market Equipment Segmentation
- 5.1. Global Demand by Segment
- 5.2. India Demand by Segment
6. Indian Power Equipment Market Share
7. Global Power Equipment Supply Contracts
- 7.1. Global Power Equipment Supply Contracts Trends - by Region
- 7.2. Global Power Equipment Supply Contracts Trends - by Equipment
8. Growth Drivers
- 8.1. Increase in the installed capacities
- 8.2. Power supply unable to meet demand, creating a gap for further capacity generations
- 8.3. Strong Government Support
- 8.4. FDI uplifting the Indian Power Equipment Sector
- 8.5. Strong Power RandD Growth to Boost the Equipment Industry
9. Market Challenges
- 9.1. Lack of Improvement in Procurement Design due to Low Funding
- 9.2. Strong Competition from International OEMs
10. Leading Global Power Equipment Manufacturers
11. Company Profiles
- 11.1. GE
- 11.2. Siemens AG
- 11.3. Schneider Electric
- 11.4. LandT
- 11.5. BHEL
- 12.1. Methodology
- 12.2. Secondary Research
- 12.3. Primary Research
- 12.4. Conventions
- 12.5. Definitions
13. Economic Indicators
List of Tables
- Table 1: Global and India Market Value (US$ billion)
- Table 2: Global and India Forecast Value (US$ millions)
- Table 3: Power equipment demand - India market value (US$ billion)
- Table 4: Global Market Share by Country (US$ billion)
- Table 5: GE: Key Facts
- Table 6: GE: Key Financials (US$)
- Table 7: GE: Key Financial Ratios (%)
- Table 8: Siemens AG: Key Facts
- Table 9: Siemens AG: Key Financials (US$)
- Table 10: Siemens AG: Key Financial Ratios (%)
- Table 11: Schneider Electric: Key Facts
- Table 12: Schneider Electric: Key Financials (US$)
- Table 13: Schneider Electric: Key Financial Ratios (%)
- Table 14: LandT: Key Facts
- Table 15: LandT: Key Financials (US$)
- Table 16: LandT: Key Financial Ratios (%)
- Table 17: BHEL: Key Facts
- Table 18: BHEL: Key Financials (US$)
- Table 19: BHEL: Key Financial Ratios (%)
- Table 20: India Size of Population (2010-2014)
- Table 21: India GDP (US$ billions), 2010-2014
- Table 22: India Inflation, 2010-2014
- Table 23: India Consumer Price Index, 2010-2014
- Table 24: India Exchange Rate, 2010-2014
List of Figures
- Figure 1: Global and India Market Value (US$ billion)
- Figure 2: Global and India Market Value (US$ billion)
- Figure 3: Global power equipment demand by segment (2010-2014)
- Figure 4: India power equipment demand by segment (2010-2014)
- Figure 5: Global Market Share by Country
- Figure 6: Global Power Equipment Supply Contracts Trend- by Region - 2015
- Figure 7: Global Power Equipment Supply Contracts Trend- by Equipment
- Figure 8: Installed capacity (GW) - India
- Figure 9: Electricity generation target v/s achievement
- Figure 10: Leading Global Power Equipment Manufacturers - Revenues 2014 (US$ billion)