Product Code: 176748
Between May and June of this year, just-food and just-drinks conducted a
focused online readership survey to investigate packaging innovations and
trends. The objective of the survey was to explore packaging developments and
to uncover opinions relevant for food and drink, as well as packaging,
manufacturers and suppliers. Key areas of interest were usage behaviour,
perception of consumer trends, innovations and developments, and opinions on
sourcing. This report outlines the results of the survey.
The report also includes information about market trends and developments
relevant to the online survey results, and incorporates commentary from
exchanges with several key executives in packaging related roles in food and
It concludes by summarizing what the findings mean for packaging companies
involved in the food and drinks industries.
Table of Contents
The just-food and just-drinks survey
- Respondent profile
- Survey findings in the market context
- Consumers and food and drink packaging
- Key challenges and drivers for the food and drink industry
- Innovations and the future
- Choosing packaging and working with packaging suppliers
- What do these findings mean for food and drink companies?
What do these findings mean for packaging companies?
List of tables
- Table 1: Details of executives contacted for relevant commentary
- Table 2: What do you predict will be the next 'big thing' in packaging?
- Table 3: Can you explain why (you have given that rating for satisfaction
with your current packaging supplier)?
List of figures
- Figure 1: In which region are you located?
- Figure 2: In which areas of the world are your organisation's consumer
packaged goods sold? Please tick all that apply:
- Figure 3: Which option below best describes your job function?
- Figure 4: How would you best describe the main function of your
- Figure 5: What is the approximate annual turnover of your organisation?
- Figure 6: What are the main types of packaging your organisation
purchases? Please tick all that apply:
- Figure 7: Approximately how much does your organisation spend on packaging
- Figure 8: How important do you think the following packaging factors are
to consumers when buying food and beverages?
- Figure 9: Please indicate whether this packaging factor is likely to
become less important, stay the same, or become more important to consumers
when buying food or beverages over the next few years: .
- Figure 10: How important are the functional/economic considerations listed
below to packaging choices for your organisation?
- Figure 11: Please indicate whether this functional/economic consideration
for choosing packaging is likely to become less important, stay the same, or
become more important to your organisation over the next few years:
- Figure 12: How important are the following drivers for your organisation
when purchasing/specifying packaging itself?
- Figure 13: How important are the following factors (1=not very important
to 5=very important) to your organisation when sourcing a potential new
- Figure 14: How satisfied you are with your current packaging suppliers?
- Figure 15: How likely is it that your organisation will consider
alternative packaging suppliers during the next 18 months?
- Figure 16: Which of the options below is the most likely trigger for your
organisation to source new packaging suppliers?
- Figure 17: How is your organisation's spend on packaging likely to change
over the next few years?