As part of our Automotive, Connected Cars & Telematics research service, our new Alternative Fuel Vehicle report evaluates future fuel technologies, charging infrastructure and the key market opportunities for stakeholders.
The research investigates the latest market investment into Hybrid & Electric Vehicles, and the factors that are limiting adoption over internal combustion engine vehicles. It provides valuable and strategic recommendations for vehicle manufacturers to drive future adoption.
This research suite includes:
- Market Trends & Opportunities (PDF)
- 5 Year Market Sizing & Forecast (Excel)
- Key player analysis and market status assessment for Tesla, Toyota, Nissan, BMW, Kia and Volkswagen.
- Market analysis and forecasts for AFV (Alternative Fuel Vehicles) adoption split by pure Electric Vehicles and Hybrids, split by:
- Consumer Sector
- Commercial Sector
- In-depth evaluation of the hybrid and electric vehicle market focusing on drivers and constraints for adoption and development.
- Investigates advances in alternative fuel technology including the development of Hydrogen Fuel Cells.
- Benchmark industry forecasts for public charging infrastructure, home charging systems, wireless charging enabled EVs and EV running costs.
- 1. What is the current state of the AFV market and how will it evolve over the next 5 years?
- 2. What EV capabilities should stakeholders focus on in order to increase adoption of electric vehicles?
- 3. Who are the key players in the industry, and how do they compete and progress against each other?
- 4. How many PEV (Plug-in Electric Vehicles) and HPEVs (Hybrid Plug-in Electric Vehicles) will be on the roads in 2020?
- 5. How can stakeholders in the market overcome consumer barriers such as ‘range anxiety'?
Blink, BMW, Chevrolet, Kia, Nissan, Science Direct, Skelleftea Kraft, Tesla, Toyota, Toyota, UCS (Union of Concerned Scientists), Volkswagen.
Data & Interactive Forecast
Juniper's Hybrid & Electric Vehicles forecast suite includes:
- Regional data splits for 8 key regions, as well as country level splits for:
- Segment splits for:
- Consumer Vehicles
- Commercial Vehicles
- Forecast for Consumer Vehicles, split by:
- Pure Electric Vehicles
- Hybrid Plug-in Electric Vehicles
- Forecast for EV Charging Points, split by:
- Public Outlets
- Private Fast Charging & Rapid Charging Outlets
- Access to the full set of forecast data of 36 tables and over 3,600 data points.
- Interactive Scenario tool allowing user the ability to manipulate Juniper's data for 9 different metrics.
Juniper Research's highly granular interactive Excels enable clients to manipulate Juniper's forecast data and charts to test their own assumptions using the Interactive Scenario Tool; and compare select markets side by side in customised charts and tables. IFxls greatly increase clients' ability to both understand a particular market and to integrate their own views into the model.
Table of Contents
1. Hybrid & Electric Vehicles: Key Findings & Takeaways
- 1.1. Key Findings
- 1.2. Juniper's View & Strategic Recommendations
2. Hybrid & Electric Vehicles: Current Market Status & Future Opportunities
- 2.1. Introduction
- Figure 1.1: Alternative Fuel Vehicle Ecosystem
- 2.2. Drivers for Adoption
- 2.3. Advances in Alternative Fuel Technology
- 2.3.1. Advances in Battery Technology
- Figure 1.2: Concerns of Consumers relating to Battery Technology
- Figure 1.3: Juniper Phased Evolution Model - Vehicle Battery Technology
- 2.3.2. Hydrogen Fuel Cell Technology
- i. Case Study: Toyota Mirai
- Figure 1.4:Juniper Research Selected Player Information & Comparison
- Table 1.5: Juniper Research Selected Player Information & Comparison - Further Information
- 2.3.3. Different Player Approaches
- Figure 1.6: Juniper Competitive Web
- 2.3.4. Hybrid & Electric Vehicle Stakeholders
- Figure 1.7: Hybrid & Electric Vehicle Ecosystem
- 2.4. Infrastructure & Charging Stations
- Figure 1.8: Charging Technology Capabilities
- 2.4.1. Home Charging Solutions
- 2.4.2. Public Infrastructure
- Figure 1.6: Bulk Electric Charge Outlet in California, US
- i. Case Study: Tesla in Sweden
- 2.4.3. Alternatives to Recharging
- Figure 1.9: Battery Swapping Stations -Advantages & Disadvantages
- 2.4.4. Consumer Opinions
- Figure 1.10: Electric Vehicle Consumer Opinions
- 2.5. Future of the Vehicle Ecosystem
- Figure 1.11: Juniper AFV Road Mapping
- 2.5.1. Juniper's View
3. Alternative Fuel Vehicles: Market Forecasts & Takeaways
- 3.1. Consumer& Commercial Alternative Fuel Vehicles
- 3.1.1. Alternative Fuel Vehicles Methodology
- Figure 2.1: Consumer & Commercial Hybrid & Electric Vehicle Forecast Methodology
- 3.1.2. Total Number of Consumer Vehicles that are Electric-only or Hybrid
- Figure & Table 2.2: Total Number of Consumer Vehicles that are Electric-only or Hybrid (m) Split by 8 Key Regions 2015-2020
- 3.1.3. Total Number of Consumer Plug-in Electric Vehicles
- Figure & Table 2.3: Number of Consumer AFVs that are Plug-in Electric (m) Split by 8 Key Regions 2015-2020
- 3.1.4. Total Number of Consumer Hybrid Vehicles
- Figure & Table 2.4: Number of Consumer AFVs that are Hybrid Vehicle (m) Split by 8 Key Regions 2015-2020
- 3.1.5. Number of Commercial AFVs that are Plug-in Electric or Hybrid
- Figure & Table 2.5: Number of Commercial AFVs that are Plug-in Electric or Hybrid (m) Split by 8 Key Regions 2015-2020
- 3.1.6. Total Number of Commercial Plug-in Electric Vehicles
- Figure & Table 2.6: Number of Commercial AFVs that are Plug-in Electric (m) Split by 8 Key Regions 2015-2020
- 3.1.7. Total Number of Commercial Hybrid Vehicles
- Figure & Table 2.7: Number of Commercial AFVs that are Plug-in Electric or Hybrid (m) Split by 8 Key Regions 2015-2020
- 3.2. Electric Vehicle Charging Infrastructure
- 3.2.1. Electric Vehicle Charging Methodology
- Figure 2.8: Electrical Vehicle Charging Forecast Methodology
- 3.2.2. Number of Public Charging Outlets
- Figure & Table 2.9: Number of Public Charging Outlets (m) Split by 8 Key Regions 201 5-2020
- 3.2.3. Number of Private Charging Outlets
- Figure & Table 2.10: Number of Private Charging Outlets (m) Split by 8 Key Regions 2015-2020
- 3.2.4. Number of PEVs & HEVs that Charge Wirelessly
- Figure & Table 2.11: Number of PEVs & HEVs that Charge Wirelessly (m) Split by 8 Key Regions 2015-2020
- 3.3. Electric Vehicle Running Costs & Emissions Savings
- 3.3.1. EV Running Costs & Emissions Savings Methodology
- Figure 2.12: Electric Vehicle Use Emissions Savings Forecast Methodology
- 3.3.2. Total Number of Miles Driven by Electric Vehicles
- Figure & Table 2.13: Total Number of Miles Driven by Electric Vehicles (millions of miles) Split by 8 Key Regions 2015-2020
- 3.3.3. Total Emissions Saved through Electric Vehicles
- Figure & Table 2.14: Total Emissions Saved through Electric Vehicles (CO2eMMT) Split by 8 Key Regions 2015-2020
- Figure 2.15: Electric Vehicle Running Costs Forecast Methodology
- 3.3.4. Cost per Mile of Electric Vehicles
- Figure & Table 2.16: Cost per Mile of Electric Vehicles ($) Split by 8 Key Regions 2015-2020