Juniper Research's enabling technologies research area covers a wide range of topics with an in-depth focus on market strategies, roadmapping and challenges faced by the different industry stakeholders.
Juniper's Virtual Reality Insights Research report provides a comprehensive analysis of the developments in the VR industry across multiple verticals. The research delivers an authoritative view on the current market landscape and the future roadmap for VR.
- Provides an in-depth analysis into the current forces driving the VR (Virtual Reality) market.
- Strategic review of the most important trends and opportunities in the rapidly evolving VR marketplace.
- Investigates key industry hurdles, such as technological difficulties and ethical challenges.
- Juniper Road Mapping of VR: Now, Near Future & Far Future Opportunities.
- Market forecasts for VR HMD (Head Mounted Display) Shipments and Hardware Retail Revenues.
- 1.How is VR developing across key industry verticals?
- 2.What is the future roadmap for VR technology?
- 3.What are the main barriers to VR adoption, and how can they be overcome?
- 4.What strategies can value chain stakeholders employ to maximise their respective opportunities?
- 5.What is the projected market demand for VR Head Mounted Display devices?
Avegant, Baofeng Technology, Carl Zeiss, Facebook, Google, HTC, Immerse, Inglobe Technologies, Leap Motion, LG, Lucky VR, Oculus, Otoy, Pixar, Razer, Ryot, Samsung, Slotsmillion, Sony, Unit 9, Utherverse, Valve, Virtuix Omni, William Hill, YouVisit.
Data & Interactive Forecast
- Forecast projections are given for Virtual Reality (VR) HMD (Head Mounted Display) Devices, from 2015 - 2020.
- Forecasts include VR HDM installed base, shipments and hardware revenues.
- All forecasts are broken down by 8 key regions.
Table of Contents
1. Virtual Reality: Market Dynamics
- 1.1 Introduction
- 1.2 The Development of VR by Industry
- 1.2.1 Console Games
- Figure 1.1: Project Morpheus Demonstration at GDC 2015
- i. Case Study: Sony Project Morpheus
- 1.2.2 The Film Industry
- Figure 1.2: Welcome to Aleppo Screenshot
- i. Case Study: Welcome to Aleppo: VR Film on Syria
- 1.2.3 Adult Entertainment.
- 1.2.4 Gambling
- i. VR Casinos
- ii. RiftSino by Lucky VR
- iii. VR Horse Racing
- Figure 1.3: William Hill's VR Racing
- 1.2.5 Industries beyond the Consumer Sphere
2. Virtual Reality: Key Trends & Road Mapping
- 2.1 The Future for VR
- 2.1.1 The Expansion of Entertainment
- 2.1.2 Communication Developments
- Figure 2.1: Juniper Road Mapping of VR - Now, Near Future & Far Future
- 2.2 The Current Market Landscape
- 2.2.1 Investment by Key Players
- 2.2.2 Benefits of Current Smartphone Capability
- i. Case Study: Virtuix Omni
- 2.2.3 Enabling VR through Technological Advances
- 2.2.4 The Push of VR through Design Competitions
- 2.3 Challenges to the VR Market
- 2.3.1 Technological Difficulties
- 2.3.2 Applications
- 2.3.3 Costs
- 2.3.4 Experience
- 2.3.5 Ethical Challenges
- 2.3.6 Augmented Reality
3. Virtual Reality: Market Forecasts
- 3.1 Introduction
- 3.1.1 Analysis of the Current Market
- 3.1.2 Methodology for Sales Volume and Market Value
- Figure 3.1: VR HMD Market Forecast Methodology
- 3.2 VR HMD Unit Market Forecasts
- 3.2.1 Installed Base Forecasts