Juniper's Smart Wearable Device research is the only service providing an end-to-end analysis of this fast developing segment. Our research provides assessments of key market trends, business models and offers a range of in-depth forecasts across a range of geographies, technologies and device vendors.
Our Health & Fitness Wearables research provide extensive, detailed information and incisive insight into the current state and future of health and fitness wearables. The research service, including regular quarterly updates, is a must-have purchase for both leaders and start-ups looking to establish themselves in this sector.
- In-depth assessment of disruptive factors that could help or hinder adoption and development of the segment.
- Granular benchmark industry forecasts of the size and growth of the health and fitness wearable segment.
- Fitness segment analysis split by:
- Functionality (Multifunctional and Unifunctional)
- Form factor (Smart Clothing, Wristband and Others)
- Vendor (Fitbit, Jawbone, Misfit, Xiaomi, Others)
- Assessment of current and anticipated capabilities of health and fitness wearables, and how these will shape both use cases and market development in the coming years.
- Hardware and software ecosystem analysis and future prospects, including business model evaluations.
- 1. What are the main trends influencing the health and fitness wearables market?
- 2. How are fitness devices going to evolve in the next few years?
- 3. Which business models are currently prevalent, which are emerging, and what effect do they have on the space?
- 4. What kinds of fitness devices or clothing will consumers use in the coming years?
- 5. Where are the main markets for smart fitness wearables and where will be key development areas in the coming years?
Amazon, Analog Devices, Apple, AT&T, Best Buy, Bluetooth SIG, Boots, Bosch, Broadcom, Catapult, CSR, CVS Pharmacy, Doctor on Demand, Dynastream Innovations, Firstbeat, Fitbit, Flextronics, Foxconn, Garmin, Google, GOQii, HealthTap, Huawei, iHealth, Intel, InvenSense, Jawbone, John Lewis Partnership, Kickstarter, LG, MapMyFitness, MediaTek, Microsoft, Mio Global, Misfit, NFL, Nike, Omron, Polar, QardioCore, Qualcomm, Razer, ResearchKit, RunKeeper, Samsung, SenseGiz, Sensoria, Sony, ST Microelectronics, Target, Texas Instruments, Timex, TomTom, Valencell, Verizon, Vodafone, Walgreens, Walmart, Welldoc, Withings, Xiaomi, Zebra Technologies.
Data & Interactive Forecast
Juniper's Future Health & Fitness Wearables forecast suite includes:
- Data splits for both health and fitness wearables, across 8 key regions and 12 countries:
- South Korea
- Fitness hardware segment split by:
- Functionality: Multifunctional & Unifunctional
- Device Form Factor: Smart Clothing, Wristband, Others
- Device Vendor: Fitbit, Jawbone, Misfit, Xiaomi, Others for US, UK, China and ROW (Rest of World).
- Fitness Wearable Apps split by:
- Native fitness apps
- Smartphone-based control apps
- Interactive Scenario Tool allowing users to manipulate Juniper's data for more than 10 different metrics.
- Access to the full set of forecast data of 101 tables and over 10,000 datapoints.
Juniper Research's highly granular Interactive Forecast Excels (IFxls) enable clients to manipulate Juniper's forecast data and charts to test their own assumptions by using the Interactive Scenario Tool, and compare select markets and sectors side by side in customised charts and tables. IFxls greatly increase clients' ability to both understand a particular market and to integrate their own views into the model.
Table of Contents
1. Connecting the Dots & Devices for Health & Fitness
- 1.1. Introduction
- 1.2. Defining Wearable Devices
- l.2.1. Fitness Wearables
- 1.2.2. Healthcare Wearables
- 1.3. Fitness & Healthcare Wearables Capabilities
- 1.3.1. Hardware Capabilities
- i. Connectivity
- Figure 1.1: Zebra Technologies' RFID NFL Padding
- ii. Sensors
- Figure 1.2: Qardio Core Wearable ECG
- 1.3.2. Software Capabilities
- i. Apps
- Figure 1.3: Withings App Partnerships
- ii. 0n-Device Software
- iii. Platform Software
2. Health & Fitness Wearables Market Dynamics
- 2.1. Health & Fitness Wearables Sector Dynamics
- Figure 2.1: Juniper Sector Dynamics for Fitness Wearables
- 2.2. Key Health & Fitness Wearables Market Drivers
- 2.3. Key Health & Fitness Wearables Market Barriers
- Figure 2.2: Death by Discharge Phenomenon
- 2.4. Key Health & Fitness Wearables Market Trends
- i. Case Study: SenseGiz STAR
- Figure 2.3: Figure 2.4: Smartwatch & Fitness Devices Convergence Drivers
- ii. Case Study: Jawbone UP
- 2.5. Health & Fitness Wearables Value Chain Analysis
- 2.5.1. Ecosystem Members & Stakeholders
3. Health & Fitness Wearables Market Forecast Methodology
- Figure 2.5: Hardware Revenue Business Model
- Figure 2.6: Subsidised Hardware Revenue Business Model
- Figure 2.7: App Subscription Business Model
- Figure 2.8: Device & Platform Provision Business Model
- Figure 2.9: Polar H7 10-Kit SKU
- 3.1. Introduction
- 3.2. Forecast Methodology
- 3.2.1. Forecast Steps
- i. Analysis of the Current Market
- ii. Smartphone Penetration
- 3.2.2. Methodology for Shipments, Installed Base & Market Value of Smart Health & Fitness Wearables
- 3.2.3. Health & Fitness Wearables Software & Service Methodology
- Figure 3.1: Fitness Wearables Forecast Methodology
- Figure 3.2: Healthcare Wearables Forecast Methodology
4. Fitness Wearables Forecasts
- 4.1. Fitness Wearables Unit Forecasts
- 4.1.1. Installed Base Forecasts
- i. Device Installed Base
- Figure & Table 4.1: Fitness Wearables Installed Base (m)Split by 8 Key Regions, 2015-2020
- ii. Device Installed Base by Functionality
- Figure & Table 4.2: Fitness Wearables Installed Base (m)Split by Device Functionality, 2015-2020
- iii. Device Installed Base by Device Vendor
- Figure & Table 4.3: Fitness Wearables Installed Base (m)Split by Device Vendor, 2015-2020
- 4.1.2. Device Shipments Forecasts
- i. Device Shipments
- Figure & Table 4.4: Fitness Wearables Shipped (m)Split by 8 Key Regions, 2015-2020
- ii. Device Shipments by Functionality
- Figure & Table 4.5: Fitness Wearables Shipped (m)Split by Functionality, 2015-2020
- iii. Device Shipments by Device Vendor
- Figure & Table 4.6: Fitness Wearables Shipped (m)Split by Device Vendor, 2015-2020
- 4.1.3. Software Forecasts
- i. Apps Accessed
- Figure & Table 4.7: Fitness Wearables Apps Accessed Per Annum (m)Split by 8 Key Regions, 2015-2020
- 4.2. Fitness Wearables Revenue Forecasts
- 4.2.1. Device Revenues
- Figure & Table 4.8: Fitness Wearables Hardware Revenue Per Annum ($m) Split by 8 Key Regions, 2015-2020
- 4.2.2. Software & Service Revenues
- Figure & Table 4.9: Fitness Wearables Software & Services Revenue Per Annum ($m) Split by 8 Key Regions, 2015-2020
5. Healthcare Wearables Forecasts
- 5.1. Introduction
- 5.2. Healthcare Wearables Unit Forecasts
- i. Device Installed Base
- Figure & Table 5.1: Healthcare Wearables Installed Base (m)Split by 8 Key Regions, 2015-2020
- 5.2.2. Device Shipments
- Figure & Table 5.2: Healthcare Wearables Shipped (m)Split by 8 Key Regions, 2015-2020
- 5.2.3. Healthcare Wearables Software Accessed Per Annum
- Figure & Table 5.3: Number of Wearable Healthcare Applications Accessed Per Annum (m) 2015-2020
- 5.3. Healthcare Wearables Revenue Forecasts
- 5.3.1. Hardware Revenue
- Figure & Table 5.4: Healthcare Wearables Hardware Revenue Per Annum ($m) Split by 8 Key Regions, 2015-2020
- 5.3.2 Software & Services Revenue
- Figure & Table 5.5: Healthcare Wearables Software & Services Revenue Per Annum ($m) Split by8 Key Regions, 2015-2020