Product Code: M19710MRA
This report analyses cities' spending on the smart city market. It details the scale of their projects, the percentage of (inter)communal budgets it represents, both overall and by “smart” area, along with growth trajectories.
The report provides answers to the following questions:
- What does the world map of cities and rural areas look like?
- How are cities' original budgets calculated and broken down?
- What percentage of spending is on smart strategies or ad hoc smart tech projects? What are the main areas of focus? What municipal priorities/issues are being addressed?
Cities' estimated spending on smart city projects is:
- Broken down into five geographical areas: Europe, North America, Latin America, Asia/Pacific, Middle East/Africa
- Illustrated by a close-up look at a sample of 10 major metropolises around the globe
- Consolidated by a forecasting exercise based on the growth trajectory of smart city spending, by area of spending and city size.
Table of Contents
1. Executive summary
2. Report framework
- 2.1. Smart city: overall concept and scope of the report
- 2.2. Sources of smart city financing
- 2.3. City budgets
3. Case studies: 10 global metropolises
- 3.1. Key parameters
- 3.2. Europe: Paris, London
- 3.3. Asia/Pacific: Tokyo, Bhubaneswar
- 3.4. North America: New York, Chicago
- 3.5. Latin America: Medellin, Santiago
- 3.6. Middle East/Africa: Tel Aviv, Le Cap
- 3.7. Synthesis
4. Market estimates
- 4.1. Methodology
- 4.2. Smart City market drivers
- 4.3. Cities' smart city spending 2019 - 2023, by region
- 4.3. Global market estimate
- Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- North America