“With network operators re-evaluating their future business models,
managed services and outsourcing are moving up the agenda. As our research
shows, these services can include network sharing, managed infrastructure and
similar innovative approaches. ”, Richard Jesty, Analyst.
This edition analyses the strategic options for players in the managed
services market, looking at the global trends in fully-outsourced network
operations, assisted operations and hosted services solutions.
- Identifies the key issues that need to be addressed by operators and
provides guidelines for managed services contracts. Illustrates the savings
that can be made by operators.
- Provides advice on who to partner with and how to manage the transition.
- Outlines operator benefits and business case for outsourcing network
operations and services hosting.
- Competitive strategic analysis of leading players including:
- Managed services providers (Ericsson, Nokia Siemens Networks,
- Services hosting providers (Buongiorno, Netsize...)
- Consulting/systems integration specialists ( IBM, Hewlett-Packard,
Key issues addressed and Countries Covered
- What are the underlying drivers of growth in the managed services market
for telecoms operators?
- How quickly will this market grow, and why?
- Where is the growth coming from, and why?
- Who are the key players in this market? What strategies are they adopting
to exploit it?
- What are the opportunities for operators and vendors in this market?
- Which operators are most likely to adopt this strategy and why?
- What are the risks of adopting this strategy - for operators and for
- How can those risks be avoided or minimised?
- What are the implications for telecoms operator business models and the
relationship with vendors?
- What specific savings can operators make?
- What is the best strategy for negotiating or managing a managed services
Table of Contents
Chapter 1 - An introduction to managed services and outsourcing in the cellular telecoms world
Chapter 2 - Strategic issues affecting mobile operators in the telecoms managed services arena
Chapter 3 - Strategic issues affecting vendors in the telecoms managed services arena
Chapter 4 - The challenge of defining telecoms managed services
Chapter 5 - General drivers of the telecoms managed service industry
Chapter 6 - Managed services market outlook, analysis and forecasts
Chapter 7 - Vendor company profiles
- 7.1 Network managed service vendor company profile: NSN
- 7.2 Network managed service vendor company profile: Ericsson
- 7.3 Network managed service vendor company profile: Alcatel-Lucent
- 7.4 Network managed service vendor company profile: Huawei
- 7.5 Applications and service specialists managed service vendor company
- 7.6 Applications and service specialists managed service vendor company
- 7.7 Consultants/systems integrators managed service vendor company
- 7.8 Consultants/systems integrators managed service vendor company
- 7.9 Consultants/systems integrators managed service vendor company
- 7.10 BSS/OSS specialists managed service vendor company profile: Convergys
Chapter 8 - Managed service case studies
- 8.1 Tata Communications
- 8.2 Nokia Siemens Networks and Oi Brazil
- 8.3 Mobile Broadband Network Ltd (MBNL)
- 8.4 Ericsson and Sprint Network Advantage
- 8.5 Ericsson and Chunghwa Telecom
- 8.6 Cisco and IP Networks
- 8.7 Alcatel-Lucent and Orange Switzerland
- 8.8 Alcatel-Lucent and Reliance Communications
- 8.9 Hewlett-Packard and Vodafone Germany
- 8.10 NSN and Zain
- 8.11 Motorola and Mena Telecom