The report includes:
- Technology breakdown of Smart Meter solutions.
- Market sizing & outlook for 2019-2024
- Breakdown by region and shipments
- Breakdown by utility type (electricity, gas, water).
- Breakdown by end-user (industrial, commercial, residential).
- 14 Detailed case studies examining real-world deployments.
- 7 Trends and challenges in adoption of smart meter solutions.
- 40+ Charts analyzing the market.
- 25+ Market data tables in Excel.
- Competitive Landscape and 10 detailed vendor profiles.
- Database classifying 100+ smart meter ecosystem companies.
- Database classifying 80+ implementations of smart meters.
- And more
The Smart Meter report is part of a larger effort of mapping global Smart City initiatives in the IoT Analytics' Smart City Series. To date the series includes a Smart city project list, dedicated reports on smart streetlights, smart parking and now smart meters.
FIND OUT (IN THIS REPORT)
- How big the smart meter market is currently and how fast the market is growing
- How the market revenue is developing across 4 regions APAC, Europe, North America, and Rest of World
- How smart meter solutions are being implemented today (list of 80+ real-world deployments + 14 case study deep-dives)
- The technology segmentation of smart meter solutions and their main elements
- The connectivity technologies that are dominating the smart meter market
- Which company is leading the smart meter market and the corresponding market share of the leaders
- What the current main trending topics are affecting the smart meter market
- What the main challenges and barriers to adoption are
- And more
Table of Contents
- 1.1 Objectives of the study
- 1.2 Smart Meter Definitions
- 1.3 Smart Meters and their role in Smart Utility Systems
- 1.4 Conventional meters versus Smart meters
- 1.5 Types of Smart Meter
- 1.6 Evolution of Smart Meters
- 1.7 Components of a Smart Meter Project
- 2.1 Conceptual view of a smart metering system
- 2.2 Technology Stack Overview
- 2.3 Hardware Architecture
- 2.4 Software Components
- 2.4.1 Meter Data Management
- 2.5 Connectivity Technologies
- 2.5.1 Different types of connectivity networks
- 2.5.2 Connectivity options pros & cons
- 2.6 Services
3 Market Analysis
- 3.1 Global Smart Meter Market
- 3.1.1 Global Smart Meter Market in Major Countries
- 3.1.2 Global Smart Meter Market by Value
- 3.1.3 Global Smart Meter Market by Volume
- 3.1.4 Global Smart Meter Market Value by Utility Type
- 3.1.5 Global Smart Meter Market Shipment by Utility Type
- 3.1.6 Global Smart Meter Market Value by End-user
- 3.1.7 Global Smart Meter Market Shipment by End-user
- 3.2 Global Smart Meter Market by Technology Stack
- 3.3 Global Smart Meter Market by Region
- 3.4 Smart Meter Market Penetration & Connectivity
4 Competitive landscape
- 4.1 Smart Meter Ecosystem
- 4.2 Market Share by vendor - all smart meters
- 4.3 Market Share by vendor - smart electricity meters
- 4.4 Market Share by vendor - smart water meters
- 4.5 Market Share by vendor - smart gas meters
- 4.6 Strategic initiatives/Alliances
- 4.7 Smart Meter Start-ups
- 4.8 Vendor Profiles
5 Implementation & Business models
- 5.1 Smart meter planning
- 5.2 Procurement complexity
- 5.3 Business models
6 Case Studies
- 6.1 Smart Meter Case Studies
- 6.2 Other Smart Meter Case Studies
7 Drivers and Challenges
- 7.1 General Drivers
- 7.2 General Challenges
- 7.3 Deep-dive Drivers & Challenges: Electricity Metering
- 7.4 Deep-dive Drivers & Challenges: Water Metering
- 7.5 Deep-dive Drivers & Challenges: Gas Metering
8 Trends and Future Directions
- 8.1 Emerging Trends
- 8.2 Technological Trends
- 8.3 Non-Technological Trends