Product Code: 27086
The global wood coatings market is estimated to project a CAGR of 6.23% in terms of revenue and 5.76% in terms of volume during the forecast period. The rising construction activities across various regions, and advanced living standards, are the factors contributing to the market growth.
The global wood coatings market is segmented into resin type, technology, and application. The wood coatings are widely used in the refinement of wood and its protection. The solid solvent-borne coatings are in huge demand in the market due to its low cost and quick-drying characteristics. The market growth for wood coatings is expected to increase due to the growth in the real estate and housing market. At the same time, rigorous environmental rules by the government with regards to volatile organic compounds (VOC), pose a hindrance to market growth.
On the basis of geography, the global wood coatings market is assessed based on the markets situated across regions, such as North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, and the Rest of World. The Asia Pacific market is estimated to hold the largest market share by 2027, owing to prominent application sectors, such as furniture and joineries, and aided by the utilization and manufacturing of wood coatings in regions like China, Japan, India, South Korea, and Vietnam.
There numerous companies operating in the global wood coatings market. Some of the major companies are Eastman Chemical Company, Dowdupont Inc., ICA Gruppen Ab (ICA), Helios Coatings Inc., Benjamin Moore & Co., Kansai Paint Co. Ltd., Kapci Coatings, Basf SE, etc.
Our report offerings include:
- Explore key findings of the overall market
- Strategic breakdown of market dynamics (Drivers, Restraints, Opportunities, Challenges)
- Market forecasts for a minimum of 9 years, along with 3 years of historical data for all segments, sub-segments, and regions
- Market Segmentation cater to a thorough assessment of key segments with their market estimations
- Geographical Analysis: Assessments of the mentioned regions and country-level segments with their market share
- Key analytics: Porter's Five Forces Analysis, Vendor Landscape, Opportunity Matrix, Key Buying Criteria, etc.
- Competitive landscape is the theoretical explanation of the key companies based on factors, market share, etc.
- Company profiling: A detailed company overview, product/services offered, SCOT analysis, and recent strategic developments
Table of contents
1. RESEARCH SCOPE
- 1.1. STUDY GOALS
- 1.2. SCOPE OF THE MARKET STUDY
- 1.3. WHO WILL FIND THIS REPORT USEFUL?
- 1.4. STUDY AND FORECASTING YEARS
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
- 2.1. SOURCES OF DATA
- 2.1.1. SECONDARY DATA
- 2.1.2. PRIMARY DATA
- 2.2. TOP-DOWN APPROACH
- 2.3. BOTTOM-UP APPROACH
- 2.4. DATA TRIANGULATION
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
- 3.1. MARKET SUMMARY
- 3.2. KEY FINDINGS
- 3.2.1. POLYURETHANE HOLDS THE LARGEST MARKET SHARE IN TERMS OF RESIN TYPE
- 3.2.2. WATERBORNE IS THE FASTEST GROWING TECHNOLOGY
- 3.2.3. FURNITURE IS THE WIDELY USED APPLICATION
4. MARKET DYNAMICS
- 4.1. MARKET SCOPE & DEFINITION
- 4.2. MARKET DRIVERS
- 4.2.1. INCREASE IN THE CONSTRUCTION ACTIVITIES LEADING TO MARKET GROWTH
- 4.2.2. INCREASE IN DISPOSABLE INCOME AND ENHANCEMENT IN STANDARD OF LIVING IN DEVELOPING ECONOMIES
- 4.3. MARKET RESTRAINTS
- 4.3.1. FLUCTUATING RAW MATERIAL PRICES
- 4.3.2. RISE IN HARMFUL EFFECTS OF COATINGS
- 4.4. MARKET OPPORTUNITIES
- 4.4.1. TECHNOLOGICAL ADVANCEMENTS
- 4.4.2. GROWING USAGE OF RADIATION CURE COATINGS
- 4.5. MARKET CHALLENGES
- 4.5.1. STRINGENT ENVIRONMENTAL REGULATIONS
5. MARKET BY RESIN TYPE
- 5.1. POLYURETHANE
- 5.2. NITROCELLULOSE
- 5.3. ACRYLICS
- 5.4. UNSATURATED POLYESTER
- 5.5. OTHER RESIN TYPE
6. MARKET BY TECHNOLOGY
- 6.1. WATERBORNE
- 6.2. CONVENTIONAL SOLVENT BORNE
- 6.3. HIGH SOLID SOLVENT BORNE
- 6.4. POWDER COATING
- 6.5. RADIATION CURED
- 6.6. OTHER TECHNOLOGY
7. MARKET BY APPLICATION
- 7.1. FURNITURE
- 7.2. JOINERY
- 7.3. FLOORING
- 7.4. OTHER APPLICATION
8. KEY ANALYTICS
- 8.1. PORTER'S FIVE FORCES MODEL
- 8.1.1. THREAT OF NEW ENTRANTS
- 8.1.2. THREAT OF SUBSTITUTE
- 8.1.3. BARGAINING POWER OF BUYERS
- 8.1.4. BARGAINING POWER OF SUPPLIERS
- 8.1.5. THREAT OF COMPETITIVE RIVALRY
- 8.2. VALUE CHAIN ANALYSIS
- 8.3. REGULATORY FRAMEWORK
- 8.4. PATENT ANALYSIS
- 8.5. OPPORTUNITY MATRIX
9. GEOGRAPHICAL ANALYSIS
- 9.1. NORTH AMERICA
- 9.1.1. THE UNITED STATES
- 9.1.2. CANADA
- 9.2. EUROPE
- 9.2.1. GERMANY
- 9.2.2. SPAIN
- 9.2.3. FRANCE
- 9.2.4. THE UNITED KINGDOM
- 9.2.5. ITALY
- 9.2.6. REST OF EUROPE
- 9.3. ASIA-PACIFIC
- 9.3.1. CHINA
- 9.3.2. JAPAN
- 9.3.3. INDIA
- 9.3.4. SOUTH KOREA
- 9.3.5. AUSTRALIA
- 9.3.6. REST OF ASIA-PACIFIC
- 9.4. REST OF WORLD
- 9.4.1. LATIN AMERICA
- 9.4.2. MIDDLE EAST AND AFRICA
10. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
- 10.1. MARKET POSITION ANALYSIS
- 10.2. COMPANY PROFILES
- 10.2.1. AKZO NOBEL N.V.
- 10.2.2. AXALTA COATING SYSTEMS
- 10.2.3. BASF SE
- 10.2.4. BENJAMIN MOORE & CO
- 10.2.5. DOWDUPONT INC.
- 10.2.6. EASTMAN CHEMICAL COMPANY
- 10.2.7. HELIOS COATINGS INC.
- 10.2.8. ICA GRUPPEN AB (ICA)
- 10.2.9. KANSAI PAINT CO., LTD.
- 10.2.10. KAPCI COATINGS
- 10.2.11. MINWAX COMPANY
- 10.2.12. NIPPON PAINT HOLDINGS CO., LTD.
- 10.2.13. PPG INDUSTRIES INC.
- 10.2.14. RPM INTERNATIONAL INC.
- 10.2.15. THE SHERWIN-WILLIAMS COMPANY