This report is the first edition of the tantalum market research in the world..
Monitoring of the market is conducted since 2001.
The purpose of the study is to analyze the tantalum market - the world, Russian and CIS countries, as well as the chains of its redistribution in non-ferrous metallurgy and instrument making.
The objects of investigation are tantalum-containing ores and concentrates, tantalum pentoxide and some chemical compounds, metallic tantalum and articles thereof.
This work is a desk study. Information sources of Rosstat, the Federal Customs Service of the Russian Federation, official statistics of railway transportation of Russian Railways, and the Agency of the Republic of Kazakhstan on Statistics were used as sources of information, materials from the USGS, Tantalum-Niobium International Study Center (TIC) data base of UNdata, branch and regional press, annual and quarterly reports of securities issuers, as well as Internet sites of tantalum and tantalum-containing products manufacturers.
Chronological framework of the study: 2001-2016; forecast - 2017-2028.
Geography of the study: world, Russian Federation, Republic of Kazakhstan.
The report consists of 5 parts, contains 110 pages, including 33 figures and 20 tables.
The first chapter of the report presents a brief description of the world market of tantalum - raw materials base, production. A brief description of the main mining enterprises is given.
The second chapter describes the structure of tantalum production in the world. Separate chapters are devoted to the structure of production in Russia and Kazakhstan.
The third chapter considers the consumption of tantalum. In Russia, the production-consumption balance is presented in 2013-2016 The main consuming industries are described - the electronics industry and the production of superalloys, as well as the prospects for using tantalum.
The fourth chapter of the report is devoted to the global dynamics of production and consumption of tantalum products in 2000-2016. The balance of world supply and demand in 2001-2016 is given. Briefly described all the enterprises in the world that produce tantalum products (are members of the Tantalum-Niobium International Study Center). The dynamics of world trade in metal tantalum for all major countries to importers and exporters in 2008-2016 is also considered.
At the end of the section, a forecast is given for the consumption of tantalum products in 2021 and 2028.
The fifth chapter is devoted to prices for tantalum-containing concentrates, tantalum pentoxide, metallic tantalum and articles thereof. Factors affecting the pricing of this metal are considered. The price forecast for tantalite concentrates, tantalum pentoxide and metallic tantalum up to 2028 is given.
The target audience of the study:
- market participants of tantalum-containing concentrate and chains of its further consumption (pentoxide, tantalum chloride, metal tantalum, tantalum powders) - producers, consumers, traders;
The proposed study claims to be a reference tool for marketing services and specialists who make managerial decisions on the tantalum market.
Table of Contents
1. Extraction and processing of tantalum-containing raw materials; world reserves by countries and enterprises
- 1.1. Types of tantalum-containing raw materials. The world structure of the use of various types of raw materials for the production of tantalum
- 1.2. World reserves of tantalum by country
- 1.3. Brief description of the main deposits of tantalum (world)
- 1.4. Reserves and deposits of tantalum in the CIS
- 1.5. World production of various types of tantalum-containing primary (mineral) raw materials in 2003-2016
- 1.6. Brief description of the main mining companies. The average content of Ta2O5 in the concentrates obtained
2. Structure of tantalum production in Russia and the world
- 2.1. Types of tantalum products
- 2.2. Structure of tantalum production in Russia
- 2.3. Structure of tantalum production in Kazakhstan
- 2.4. World structure of tantalum production
3. The structure of consumption of products, the main branches of application by source of tantalum-containing raw materials in the RF and in the world. Prospects for the development of industries that consume tantalum-containing products in the Russian Federation and the world
- 3.1. World structure of tantalum consumption
- 3.2. Russian structure of tantalum consumption. The balance of production and consumption in 2013-2016 Brief description of capacitor plants in Russia
- 3.3. Brief description of main consuming industries
- 3.3.1. Electronic industry
- 3.3.2. Superalloys for aircraft construction and rocket and space industry
- 3.3.3. Other branches of consumption
- 3.4. Prospects for the development of industries that consume tantalum-containing products in the Russian Federation and the world
- 3.4.1. Prospects for the development of the world's capacitor industry
- 3.4.2. Prospects for the use of tantalum in the aerospace industry
- 3.4.3. Prospects for the development of other industries
4. Dynamics and forecast of production and consumption of products from 2000 to 2018 and for the period from 2019 to 2028 Justification of the forecast of production and consumption by product. Production and consumption balance
- 4.1. Dynamics of tantalum consumption in 2000-2016
- 4.2. Balance of world demand-supply of tantalum in 2001-2016
- 4.3. Manufacturers of tantalum products
- 4.3.1. H.C. Starck GmbH & Co KG - HCST (Germany, Thailand, USA, Japan)
- 4.3.2. Global Advanced Metals - GAM (USA, Japan, Australia)
- 4.3.3. Ningxia Orient Tantalum Industry Co., Ltd. - OTIC (China)
- 4.3.5. Other Chinese producers
- 4.3.6. Other manufacturers of tantalum products
- 4.4. World trade in metal tantalum
- 4.5. Dynamics of tantalum production in Russia
- 4.5.1. Production of tantalum-containing concentrates in Russia in 1997-2016
- 4.5.2. Production of tantalum pentoxide in Russia in 2001-2016
- 4.6. Production of tantalum products in Kazakhstan in 2001-2016
- 4.7. Forecast of production and consumption of tantalum products up to 2030
5. Dynamics and forecast of prices for products from 2014 to 2018 and for the period from 2019 to 2028. Justification of the price forecast
Appendix 1. Characteristics of the main types of tantalum products of the Ulba Metallurgical Plant
Appendix 2. List of sources
Appendix 3. Address book of manufacturers of tantalum products in Russia and Kazakhstan
List of Tables:
- Table 1. The main minerals of tantalum
- Table 2. Distribution of tantalum reserves by countries, thousand tons in terms of Ta2O5 and its average content in ores,%
- Table 3. The main deposits of tantalum-containing ores of the world
- Table 4. The main deposits of tantalum-containing ores of Russia
- Table 5. World production of tantalum (in terms of Ta2O5) in concentrates in 2007-2016, t
- Table 6. Chemical composition and size of tantalum concentrates Greenbushes and Wodgina
- Table 7. Requirements for the quality of tantalum compounds produced by JSC "SMZ"
- Table 8. Dynamics of world production by types of tantalum products in 2001-2016, tons of metal
- Table 9. The balance of production-consumption of tantalum (in terms of metal and pentoxide) in Russia in 2013-2016, t
- Table 10. Financial indicators of OJSC "Elecond" in 2008-2016 million rubles.
- Table 11. Financial indicators of JSC "Mezon" in 2012-2016, million rubles.
- Table 12. Dynamics of consumption of tantalum powder, wire and rolled products by the world condenser industry in 2001-2016, t of metal tantalum
- Table 13. Deliveries of new aircraft to customers in 2004-2016, pcs.
- Table 14. Balance of production-consumption of tantalum products in 2001-2016, t in terms of Ta2O5
- Table 15. Major world producers of tantalum products
- Table 16. World trade in metal tantalum and products from it in 2008-2016, t
- Table 17. Forecast of global consumption of tantalum (t in terms of Ta2O5) in 2021 and 2028
- Table 18. Import prices of the Russian Federation for tantalum products for the capacitor industry in 2014-2016, $ / kg
- Table 19. Import prices of the Russian Federation for metal tantalum and rolled steel in 2014-2016, $ / kg
- Table 20. Import prices of the Russian Federation for products made of tantalum in 2014-2016, $ / kg
List of Figures:
- Figure 1. Distribution of tantalum reserves by region,%
- Figure 2. Dynamics of production of tantalum-containing concentrates (t in terms of Ta2O5) in the world in 2003-2016 according to USGS
- Figure 3. Dynamics of production of tantalum-containing concentrates and tin slags (t in terms of Ta2O5) in the world in 2003-2016 according to TIC
- Figure 4. Dynamics of extraction of different types of primary tantalum-containing raw materials in 2003-2016 (t in terms of Ta2O5)
- Figure 5. Structure of use of different types of primary (mineral) raw materials in the world for tantalum production in 2013-2016,%
- Figure 6. Structure of tantalum production at the Ulba Mine in 2015
- Figure 7. World structure of tantalum production in 2014-2016,%
- Figure 8. Dynamics of world production by types of tantalum products in 2001-2016, t in terms of metal
- Figure 9. Structure of Russian consumption of metal tantalum in 2016
- Figure 10. Construction of tantalum capacitors
- Figure 11. Dynamics of consumption of tantalum powder, wire and rolled products by the world condenser industry in 2001-2016, t of metal tantalum
- Figure 12. Dynamics of new aircraft deliveries to customers in 2004-2016, pcs.
- Figure 13. Dynamics of supply (consumption) of tantalum in the world in 2000-2016, t in terms of Ta2O5
- Figure 14. Dynamics of "visible consumption" of metallic tantalum in the USA in 2000-2016, t in terms of Ta2O5
- Figure 15. Dynamics of global demand-supply of tantalum in 2001-2016, t in terms of Ta2O5
- Figure 16. Shares of the largest tantalum producers in 2015
- Figure 17. Dynamics of loparite concentrate production by Lovozero GOK in 1997-2016 in physical terms and in terms of Ta2O5, t
- Figure 18. Dynamics of supply of tantalum compounds (in terms of Ta2O5) produced by JSC "SMZ" (total and domestic market) in 2001-2016, t
- Figure 19. Deliveries of tantalum compounds produced by JSC "SMZ" in various markets in 2006-2016,%
- Figure 20. Dynamics of import supplies of tantalum-niobium concentrates to Ulbinskiy MZ in 1998-2016, t in physical terms
- Figure 21. Dynamics of imports of metal tantalum (scrap and unprocessed) at UMP in 2004-2016, tons of metal
- Figure 22. Structure of tantalum-containing raw materials for the production of tantalum in JSC "UMP" in 2014-2016,%
- Figure 23. Dynamics of production of metal tantalum and its products at the Ulba Mine in 1997-2016, t
- Figure 24. Forecast of world consumption and production (shipments) of tantalum in 2017-2028, t in terms of Ta2O5
- Figure 25. Forecast of production of tantalum pentoxide in Russia in 2017-2028, taking into account the commissioning of the Zashihinsky deposit and the hydrometallurgical shop at the Angarsk plant, t Ta2O5
- Figure 26. Dynamics of average annual prices for tantalite concentrate containing 30% of Ta2O5, sold in the spot market of China and under long-term contracts in the USA in 2003-2017, $ / kg of Ta2O5
- Figure 27. Impact of tantalum surplus / deficit in the world market on its price in 2003-2016
- Figure 28. Dynamics of prices for technical and high-frequency tantalum pentoxide in the spot market of China in 2006-2017, $ / kg
- Figure 29. Dynamics of prices for metal tantalum (99.95% Ta) in the spot market of China in 2009-2017, $ / kg
- Figure 30. Forecast of prices for tantalite concentrates in the world market in 2017-2028, $ / kg of Ta2O5 in concentrate
- Figure 31. Forecast of prices for tantalum pentoxide (technical and HF) on the world market in 2017-2028, $ / kg
- Figure 32. Forecast of prices for metal tantalum (99.95% Ta) in 2017-2028, $ / kg
- Figure 33. Articles made of tantalum produced by JSC "UMP"