This report is the sixth edition of the tantalum market research in the
world and CIS countries.
Market monitoring is conducted with 1997
The purpose of the study - the analysis of the tantalum market - the world,
Russia and CIS countries, as well as chains of its conversion into non-ferrous
metallurgy and instrument.
Objects of the study are tantalum ores and concentrates, tantalum
pentoxide and certain chemical compounds, tantalum metal.
This work is a desk study. As information sources, we used data
of Rosstat, Federal Customs Service of Russia, official statistics of rail
transport of "Russian Railways", the Agency of the Republic of Kazakhstan on
Statistics, State benefited the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS), the data base
UNdata, the sector and regional press, annual and quarterly reports of
companies, as well as web-sites of producers of tantalum and tantalum products.
The chronological scope of the study: 1997-2012. Outlook - 2013-2020.
Geography Research: Russian Federation, Republic of Kazakhstan - a
retrospective analysis of the overall market, the rest of the world - general
information about the dynamics and characteristics of the market.
Report consists of 9 chapters contains 104 pages, including 29 and 33 are
tables of drawings.
In the first chapter of the report provides a brief description of the
world tantalum market - source of raw materials, production, consumption and
The second chapter describes in detail the mineral resources of
tantalum in the CIS and its prospects for the development of new fields.
The third chapter presents data on reserves and production (production)
of tantalum in CIS countries in 1999-2012.
The fourth chapter describes the current state of the main
enterprise-producers of tantalum concentrate in CIS countries.
The fifth chapter is devoted to the production of tantalum products in
CIS countries in 1997-2012. This section presents data on production, quality
requirements and technologies for producing metallic tantalum and tantalum
The sixth chapter describes the current state of the main
enterprise-producers of tantalum products in the CIS countries.
The seventh chapter deals with the export-import operations with
tantalum-niobium ores and concentrates, fluorotantalate potassium pentoxide of
tantalum, tantalum carbide, tantalum metal, its products and scrap in the CIS
In the eighth chapter presents data on export and import prices for
tantalum products in 1997-2012.
In the ninth chapter describes the consumption of tantalum in Russia,
as well as a description of the main company-consumers. The forecast of
consumption of tantalum in Russia up to 2020.
The Appendix presents addresses and contact information on producers
tantalum products, tantalum deposits characteristic of promising Russian, as
well as the characteristics of the main types of tantalum products
manufactured Ulba Metallurgical Plant.
The target audience of the study:
- Market participants loparitovogo chains and concentrate its further use
(pentoxide, tantalum chloride, metallic tantalum, tantalum powders)
- Producers, consumers, traders;
- Potential investors.
This research claims to be a reference tool for marketing services and for
decision management solutions, working in the market of tantalum products.
Table of Contents
I. Brief characteristics of world market tantalum
- 1.1. Source of raw materials and production of tantalum-bearing ores in
- 1.2. Prices for primary tantalum concentrate
- 1.3. World consumption of tantalum. Consumption pattern
- 1.4. Price analysis
II. Mineral resources of tantalum in the CIS
- 2.1. Reserves and deposits of tantalum in the CIS
- 2.2. Prospects for raw materials CIS development of new deposits
III. Extraction and processing of raw materials containing tantalum in 1999-2012
IV. Current state enterprises in the CIS - producers of tantalum concentrate
- 4.1. Operating businesses
- 4.1.1. Ltd. "Lovozero GOK"
- 4.2. Enterprises that have stopped production of tantalum-bearing
- 4.2.1. Of "Trans-Baikal Mining"
- 4.2.2. JSC "Novoorlovsky GOK"
- 4.2.3. Of "Malyshev Rudoupravlenie"
- 4.2.4. Belogorsky Mining (Kazakhstan)
V. Production of tantalum products in the CIS
- 5.1. Applied technologies and key products
VI. Current status and characteristics of the main producers of tantalum products in the CIS
- 6.1. Operating businesses
- 6.1.1. JSC "Solikamsk Magnesium Plant"
- 6.1.2. JSC "UMP" (Kazakhstan)
- 6.1.3. JSC "Uralredmet"
- 6.1.4. JSC "Russian rare metals"
- 6.2. Enterprises that have stopped production
- 6.2.1. LLP "KazNioby ICMP"
VII. Export-import of tantalum products CIS
- 7.1. Russia (1997-2012)
- 7.1.1. Tantalum ores and concentrates
- 7.1.2. Fluorotantalate potassium
- 7.1.3. Tantalum pentoxide
- 7.1.4. Tantalum carbide
- 7.1.5. Tantalum scrap
- 7.1.6. The tantalum metal and articles thereof
- 7.2. Kazakhstan (1998-2012)
- 7.2.1. Tantalum ores and concentrates
- 7.2.2. Fluorotantalate potassium
- 7.2.3. Tantalum scrap
- 7.2.4. The tantalum metal and articles thereof
VIII. Review of export-import prices for tantalum products (2004-2013)
IX. Consumption of tantalum in Russia (2002-2012)
- 9.1. The balance of production and consumption of tantalum in Russia
- 9.2. The main company-consumers of tantalum
- JSC "Elekond" (R. Udmurtia)
- JSC "Novosibirsk plant of radio components" Oxide "
- "Plant" Maison "(St. Petersburg)
Forecast of consumption of tantalum in Russia up to 2020
Appendix 1. Characteristics of promising deposits of tantalum Russia
(according to VIMS and Giredmet)
Appendix 2. Characteristics of the main types of tantalum products Ulba
Appendix 3. Contact information on main producers and consumers of
tantalum products in the CIS
List of Tables:
- Table 1. The main minerals of tantalum
- Table 2. World production of tantalum concentrates in 2003-2012, t
- Table 3. The world's major producers of tantalum products
- Table 4. Supply-demand balance of tantalum in the U.S. in 2007-2011, t
- Table 5. World trade of tantalum metal and articles thereof in 2007-2012,
t, thousand $
- Table 6. The main deposits of tantalum ores Russia
- Table 7. The production of tantalum concentrate in Russia in 2002-2012, t
- Table 8. Quality requirements for the production of tantalum compounds
- Table 9. Assortment of tantalum products in the CIS
- Table 10. Dynamics of shipments of tantalum pentoxide "SMZ" in 2001-2012,
- Table 11. Financial results of JSC «Solikamsk magnesium plant»
in 2005-2013, mln.
- Table 12. Export tantalum-niobium concentrates from Russia in 1997-2002
and 2010, t and $ / kg
- Table 13. Imports of tantalum-niobium concentrates in Russia in 1997-2008,
t and $ / kg
- Table 14. Exports of tantalum pentoxide from Russia in 2000-2012 by
Supplier in terms of pure pentoxide, t
- Table 15. Company-importers of tantalum pentoxide from Russia in terms of
pure pentoxide in 2004-2012, t
- Table 16. Exports from Russia tantalum scrap by Supplier in 2000-2012, t
- Table 17. Exports of tantalum metal and articles thereof from Russia in
2000-2012 by Supplier, t
- Table 18. Russian companies, exporters and tantalum products in 2004-2012,
- Table 19. Imports of tantalum metal and its products in Russia 2000-2012
by Supplier, t
- Table 20. Russian companies, importing and tantalum products in 2004-2012,
- Table 21. Imports of tantalum-niobium concentrates Kazakhstan in
2003-2012, t and $ / kg
- Table 22. Tantalum scrap import by Kazakhstan in 2004-2012 by Supplier, t
- Table 23. Exports of raw tantalum from Kazakhstan in 2004-2012 by
- Table 24. Exports of rolled tantalum in Kazakhstan 2004-2012 by Supplier, t
- Table 25. Export tantalum products from Kazakhstan 2004-2012 by Supplier, t
- Table 26. Average annual export and import prices for Russian tantalum
products in 2001-2012, $ / kg
- Table 27. Average annual export prices in Kazakhstan on tantalum products
in 2004-2012, $ / kg
- Table 28. Supply-demand balance of the metal tantalum in Russia in
- Table 29. The use of imported Russian producers of tantalum tantalum
capacitors in 2004-2010, t
- Table 30. Nomenclature of Russian producers of tantalum capacitors
- Table 31. The Russian export-import of tantalum capacitors in 2004-2012,
t, thousand $
- Table 32. Financial results of JSC «Elekond" in 2008-2012, thousand
- Table 33. Financial results of JSC "Maison" in 2010-2012
List of Figures:
- Figure 1. Distribution of reserves of tantalum by Region,% (2009)
- Figure 2. Dynamics of average prices of tantalite concentrate containing
30% Ta2O5 sold on the spot market in 2003-2013, $ / kg of Ta2O5
- Figure 3. The global structure of production of goods and products of
tantalum in 2011,%
- Figure 4. The dynamics of the global consumption of tantalum in 2000-2012,
t, based on the Ta2O5
- Figure 5. Dynamics of world exports and imports of the metal tantalum in
- Figure 6. Dynamics of prices for different quality tantalum pentoxide on
the spot market in 2007-2013, $ / kg
- Figure 7. Dynamics of production of tantalum, tantalum-bearing
concentrates in Russia / CIS in 1999-2012, t Ta2O5
- Figure 8. Dynamics of production of concentrate loparitovogo Lovozero GOK
in 1997-2012, t
- Figure 9. Dynamics of production of JSC "SMZ" rare metal products in
2001-2012, mln $
- Figure 10. Processing volumes loparitovogo concentrate on SMZ in
- Figure 11. The structure of exports of tantalum pentoxide SMZ by Supplier
- Figure 12. Dynamics of import supplies of tantalum-niobium concentrates on
Ulbinsk MoH in 1998-2013, t
- Figure 13. Dynamics of import supplies of scrap tantalum Ulbinsk MoH in
- Figure 14. Dynamics of Russian supplies of tantalum pentoxide on Ulbinsk
MoH in 2006-2012, t
- Figure 15. Dynamics of production of UMP tantalum metal and its products
in 1997-2012, t
- Figure 16. Proceeds from the sale of UMP tantalum products in 2004-2012,
- Figure 17. Dynamics of import supplies of tantalum-niobium concentrates in
Russia and their prices in 1997-2008, t and $ / kg
- Figure 18. Dynamics of Russian export of commodity tantalum pentoxide in
- Figure 19. Dynamics of Russian import of tantalum metal and its products
in 1997-2012, t
- Figure 20. The structure of Russian import of tantalum by product in
- Figure 21. Dynamics of imports of tantalum-niobium concentrates Kazakhstan
in 1998-2012, t
- Figure 22. Dynamics of import of Kazakhstan fluorotantalate potassium in
- Figure 23. Dynamics of export of Kazakhstan tantalum metal and its
products in 1995-2012, t
- Figure 24. Exports from Kazakhstan tantalum and articles thereof, in 2012,%
- Figure 25. The structure of exports from Kazakhstan tantalum by product in
- Figure 26. Average annual import prices for tantalum concentrates supplied
to Kazakhstan from Central Africa in 2004-2013, $ / kg
- Figure 27. Average annual export prices on Russian tantalum pentoxide in
1997-2013, $ / kg
- Figure 28. Segmentation of the Russian market of capacitors in 2012,%
- Figure 29. Forecast of consumption of tantalum metal in Russia in