This report is the second edition of a study of the market of rhenium and its compounds in Russia, the CIS and the world .
Market monitoring has been conducted since 1998.
The purpose of the study is to analyze the market of rhenium and its compounds - world and Russian, as well as its chains of redistribution in the aerospace industry and the catalyst industry.
The objects of study are rhenium-containing ores, metallic rhenium, ammonium perrhenate (potassium, sodium), rhenium-containing alloys, catalysts.
This review is the most comprehensive among those represented in the information market on this topic, and claims to be a reference tool, since the rhenium market is very closed and the statistics is incomplete. Using data without additional careful analysis can lead to wrong management decisions made by marketing services and specialists working in the rhenium market.
A distinctive feature of this study is that it presents a detailed analysis of the market for rhenium and compounds in the CIS, thus avoiding the mistakes made by the authors of similar studies conducted by other companies.
The second distinguishing feature of this work is the latitude of the geographical and temporal framework - a detailed analysis of the production and foreign economic operations with rhenium compounds was carried out not only in Russia, but also in the CIS countries in the period 2010-2018.
This work is a desk study . The sources of information were data from Rosstat, the Federal Customs Service of the Russian Federation and Kazakhstan, materials from the US State Geological Survey (USGS), data from the UNdata database, industry and regional press, annual and quarterly reports of issuers of securities, as well as websites of manufacturers of rhenium and his connections.
Chronological framework of the study: 1998-2018; forecast - up to 2025
The geography of the research : the world market is briefly reviewed, the market of the Russian Federation - in detail.
The report consists of 8 parts, contains 80 pages, including 13 figures, 25 tables and 3 annexes.
The first chapter of the report is devoted to the world market of rhenium. Information on stocks by country, production and consumption of this metal in 2007-2018 is given.
The second chapter deals with the mineral resource base of rhenium in the CIS. Stocks in Kazakhstan are described in more detail, since Kazakhstan is a major global manufacturer of this metal. Across Russia, brief characteristics of the balance deposits of rhenium, as well as promising raw materials, are given.
The third chapter provides information on the production of rhenium and its compounds in Russia. Considered the main manufacturers. Presented GOSTs and specifications for the products manufactured.
The fourth chapter analyzes foreign trade operations with rhenium and its compounds in 1998-2018. The data on the volumes of export and import of the studied products are given, the regional structure of supplies is estimated.
The fifth chapter provides information on world prices for rhenium and its compounds in the spot market in 2007-2018. In addition, the dynamics of export-import prices for perrhenate in Russia is given the same time range.
The sixth chapter of the report is devoted to the balance of production-consumption of rhenium in Russia in 2010-2018. The assessment of "visible" and real consumption in the Russian Federation is given. The seventh chapter of the report shows the structure of consumption of rhenium and its compounds by industry.
The eighth chapter of the report contains a forecast of production and consumption of rhenium and its compounds in Russia until 2025.
The address book contains contact information on producers and consumers of rhenium and its compounds.
Appendix 1 provides information on electronic trading of rhenium-containing alloys. Appendix 2 discusses technologies for recycling alloys and catalysts.
Target audience of the study:
- participants of the rhenium production market - producers, consumers, traders;
- potential investors.
The proposed study claims the role of reference for marketing services and management decision-makers working in the market for rhenium-containing compounds, alloys and catalysts.
Table of Contents
1. Brief description of the world market of rhenium
- 1.1. The main types of rhenium products, rhenium-containing alloys and recycled materials
- 1.2. World reserves, world production and consumption of rhenium in 2007-2018
2. Mineral resources base of rhenium in the CIS
- 2.1. Kazakhstan
- 2.2. Russia
- 2.3. Armenia
- 2.4. Uzbekistan
3. Production of rhenium in the CIS
- 3.1. Production of rhenium in Russia
- 3.1.1. Production of metal rhenium
- 126.96.36.199. OJSC Pobedit (R. S. Ossetia)
- 188.8.131.52. JSC "Giredmet" (Moscow)
- 184.108.40.206. Other manufacturers of rhenium metal
- 3.1.2. Processing of used platinum-rhenium catalysts for oil reforming
- 220.127.116.11. Krastsvetmet OJSC (Krasnoyarsk)
- 18.104.22.168. Sibtsvetmet LLC (Ekaterinburg)
- 22.214.171.124. Other
- 3.1.3. Recycling of metal rhenium and tungsten-rhenium, molybdenum-rhenium and nickel-rhenium wastes
- 126.96.36.199. Molyren LLC (Moscow region)
- 3.2. Production of rhenium in Kazakhstan in 2000-2018
- 3.3. Production of rhenium in Uzbekistan
- 3.4. Production of rhenium in Tajikistan
- 3.5. Production of rhenium in Armenia
4. Export-import of rhenium products in the Russian Federation (1998-2018)
- 4.1. The volume of exports and imports of rhenium products in 1998-2018
- 4.1.1. Ammonium perrhenate export-import
- 4.1.1. Export-import of metallic rhenium
- 4.2. Directions of export-import supplies of rhenium products in 2003-2018
- 4.3. Major foreign suppliers and buyers of rhenium products in Russia
- 4.4. The main exporters of rhenium products in Russia in 2003-2018.
5. Prices for rhenium in the world market. Average prices for rhenium products in the Russian Federation in 2003-2018
6. Balance of production-consumption of rhenium in Russia in 2010-2018
7. Consumption of rhenium in the Russian Federation
- 7.1. Heat-resistant nickel alloys and alloys of rhenium with refractory metals
- 7.2. Platinum-rhenium catalysts
- 7.3. Russian structure of rhenium consumption
8. Forecast of the Russian and world market of rhenium until 2025
Appendix 1: Enterprises purchasing rhenium-containing products at electronic trading in 2016-2018, ths. Rub.
Appendix 2: Technological basis for the extraction of rhenium from secondary raw materials and waste
Appendix 3: Contact information of producers of rhenium and its compounds in the CIS
List of tables
- Table 1. Quality of rhenium products
- Table 2. Properties of rhenium alloys
- Table 3. Physico-mechanical properties of alloys of rhenium with tungsten and molybdenum
- Table 4. The chemical composition of high-temperature nickel alloys (VPS) for single-crystal casting of turbine blades
- Table 5. World reserves of rhenium, t
- Table 6. World production of primary rhenium in 2007-2018, t
- Table 7. Structure of world consumption of rhenium in 2000-2018,%
- Table 8. The chemical composition of metal rhenium produced by Pobedit JSC (TU 48-19-92-88)
- Table 9. Dimensions of staffs of metallic rhenium and limiting deviations from them
- Table 10. The financial condition of JSC "Promelectronika" in 2007-2017, mln rubles.
- Table 11. The financial condition of LLC "Specmetmaster" in 2014-2017, million rubles.
- Table 12. The financial condition of LLC Sibtsvetmet in 2015-2017, mln rubles
- Table 13. The financial condition of LLC "Molyren" in 2012-2016, mln rubles.
- Table 14. Dynamics of Russian exports and imports of ammonium perrhenate in physical terms in 1998-2018, kg
- Table 15. Dynamics of export-import of metallic rhenium in Russia in 1998-2018, kg
- Table 16. Directions of import supplies of perrenate by countries to Russia in 2003-2018, kg
- Table 17. Directions of export supplies of ammonium perrhenate from Russia by countries in 2003-2018, kg
- Table 18. Suppliers to Russia ammonium perrhenate in 2003-2018, kg
- Table 19. Russian recipients of imported ammonium perrhenate in 2003-2018, kg
- Table 20. Russian exporters of ammonium perrhenate in 2003-2018, kg
- Table 21. Foreign recipients of the Russian ammonium perrhenate in 2003-3018, kg
- Table 22. Average annual prices for rhenium products in the spot market in 2007-2018, thousand $ / kg Re
- Table 23. Import-export prices in the Russian Federation for ammonium perrhenate in 2007-2018, $ / kg
- Table 24. The calculation of the apparent consumption of rhenium in Russia in 2010-2018, kg Re
- Table 25. The list of domestic platinum-rhenium catalysts for oil reforming
List of figures
- Figure 1. Dynamics of "apparent consumption" of rhenium in the USA in 2013-2018, t
- Figure 2. Dynamics of consumption of catalysts for oil reforming in Russia in 2010-2018, thousand tons
- Figure 3. Consumption of foreign-made reforming catalysts by Russian refineries in 2006-2018, kt
- Figure 4. Dynamics of consumption of rhenium in platinum-rhenium catalysts at Russian refineries in 2010-2018, t
- Figure 5. Dynamics of export shipments of ammonium perrhenate produced by JSC "Krastsvetmet" in 2009-2018, kg
- Figure 6. Dynamics of export shipments of ammonium perrhenate produced by LLC Sibtsvetmet in 2016-2018, kg
- Figure 7. Dynamics of export shipments of ammonium perrhenate produced by LLC "Molyren" in 2009-2014, kg
- Figure 8. Dynamics of import deliveries of ammonium perrhenate in LLC Molyren / LLC NKM Nord in 2015-2018, kg
- Figure 9. Dynamics of export supplies of ammonium perrhenate from Kazakhstan in 2004-2018 in terms of metal, t
- Figure 10. Dynamics of export supplies of ammonium perrhenate from Uzbekistan to Russia in 2012-2018 in real terms, kg
- Figure 11. Dynamics of Russian exports and imports of ammonium perrhenate in physical terms in 1998-2018, kg
- Figure 12. Dynamics of prices for rhenium metal on the spot market in 2007-2018, thousand $ / kg
- Figure 13. Dynamics of consumption of rhenium in the production of domestic platinum-rhenium catalysts in 2010-2018, t