This report is the second edition of beryllium market research in the world and the CIS countries.
The purpose of the study is to analyze the global and Russian markets for beryllium and its products.
The objects of research are beryllium concentrate, metallic beryllium and products of its processing (beryllium bronze and ligature, aluminum-beryllium ligature, beryllium oxide).
This work is a desk study. As sources of information, we used data from Rosstat, the Federal Customs Service of the Russian Federation and the Republic of Kazakhstan, the industry and regional press, annual and quarterly reports of issuers of securities, as well as the websites of producers and consumers of beryllium and its products in the world and the CIS.
This review is the most comprehensive among those presented on the information market on this topic, and claims to be a reference guide. Using data without additional thorough analysis may lead to erroneous management decisions by marketing services and specialists working in the beryllium market.
A distinctive feature of this report is that it provides a detailed analysis of the market for the receipt of beryllium metal and beryllium-containing alloys on the Russian market, which helps to avoid errors made by the authors of similar studies conducted by other companies.
Chronological scope of the study: 2001-2019
Research geography: world, CIS, Russian Federation.
The report consists of 6 parts, contains 64 pages, including 24 figures, 16 tables.
The first chapter discusses world and Russian reserves of beryllium, gives a distribution of beryllium reserves by industrial types, by deposits and constituent entities of the Russian Federation, and gives prospects for their development. It also reflects global trends in its use (global consumption pattern).
The second chapter is devoted to the production of beryllium in the world, the CIS and the Russian Federation in 2001-2018, an overview of the main world producers of beryllium and its products is given. In addition, a separate section of the chapter contains data on the implementation of beryllium projects in our country.
The third chapter analyzes Russian export-import operations with beryllium-containing products in 2007-2019. (beryllium ligature and bronze, aluminum-beryllium ligature, metallic beryllium).
The fourth chapter of the report is devoted to price analysis. It shows the dynamics of prices for metallic beryllium in Kazakhstan, Japan and China in 2007-2019. Russian import prices for metal beryllium, beryllium ligature and bronze, aluminum-beryllium ligature in 2007-2019 are also given.
The fifth chapter is devoted to the analysis of beryllium consumption in Russia. The chapter reflects the dynamics of “apparent consumption” of beryllium in the Russian Federation in physical and monetary terms from 2007 to 2019. The Russian consumption structure in 2018 is given.
The sixth chapter gives a forecast for the consumption of beryllium in Russia in the near future.
In the appendices, contact information on enterprises producing beryllium products in the CIS is collected.
The proposed study claims to be a reference tool for marketing services and management decision-makers working in the beryllium market.
Table of Contents
1. Assessment of world and Russian reserves (proven and potential) of beryllium. Global trends in beryllium use
- 1.1. World reserves of beryllium
- 1.2. Russian beryllium reserves
- 1.3. Global trends in use. World consumption pattern
2. Assessment of beryllium production volumes in the world and in Russia in 2001-2018. Overview of major manufacturers
- 2.1. World production of beryllium. Overview of major manufacturers
- 2.2. Beryllium production in Russia
- 2.3. Overview of beryllium production projects in Russia
3. Volumes of Russian export / import of beryllium and beryllium-containing materials in 2007-2019
- 3.1. Export
- 3.1.1. Export of metallic beryllium in 2007-2019
- 3.1.2. Export of beryllium bronzes and ligatures in 2007-2019
- 3.2. Import
- 3.2.1. Import of metallic beryllium in 2007-2019
- 3.2.2. Import of beryllium ligatures in 2007-2019
- 3.2.3. Import of beryllium bronzes in 2007-2019
- 3.2.4. Import of aluminum-beryllium alloys in 2007-2019
- 3.2.5. Import of beryllium oxide in 2007-2019
4. Price analysis in 2007-2019.
- 4.1. World prices
- 4.2. Russian prices
5. Consumption of beryllium in Russia in 2007-2019.
6. Forecast of beryllium consumption in Russia
Appendix 1. Contact information of the main producers of beryllium products in Russia and the CIS
Appendix 2. Address book of Russian consumers of beryllium and its alloys
Appendix 3. Technologies for processing beryllium concentrates
List of Tables
- Table 1. Stocks of beryllium oxide by country as of January 1, 2007, thousand tons of BeO
- Table 2. Distribution of beryllium reserves by industrial types of deposits,% of reserves in the world and in Russia
- Table 3. Distribution of balance reserves of beryllium by deposits and constituent entities of the Russian Federation (in% of total reserves) and prospects for their development (as of 01.01.2003)
- Table 4. The balance of production and consumption of beryllium in the USA in 2014-2018, tons in terms of metal
- Table 5. Dynamics of world production of beryllium concentrates in 2001-2018, tons in terms of metal
- Table 6. Dynamics of supplies of metallic beryllium from Kazakhstan (UMP) by countries in 2015-2019, t
- Table 7. Dynamics of supplies of beryllium ligatures from Kazakhstan by country in 2015-2019 in kind, t
- Table 8. The chemical composition of beryllium metal production FSUE "Basalt"
- Table 9. The chemical composition of copper-beryllium ligatures produced by FSUE “Basalt”
- Table 10. Import deliveries of metallic beryllium to Russian enterprises in 2007-2019, kg
- Table 11. Dynamics of import deliveries of beryllium ligatures to Russia in 2007-2019, tons in physical terms and in terms of metal
- Table 12. Import deliveries of beryllium bronze and its products to Russian enterprises in 2007-2018, t
- Table 13. Supplies of aluminum-beryllium ligatures to Russian enterprises in 2014-2019, t
- Table 14. Dynamics of export-import prices for metallic beryllium * in 2008-2019, $ / kg
- Table 15. Dynamics of average import prices (border of the Russian Federation) for the main types of beryllium products in 2007-2019, $ / kg
- Table 16. Calculation of the "apparent consumption" of beryllium and its alloys in Russia in 2007-2019, tons (in terms of metal)
List of Figures
- Figure 1. Beryllium tube used in the central part of the large hadron collider CERN
- Figure 2. The structure of world consumption of beryllium by products,%
- Figure 3. Dynamics of “apparent consumption” of beryllium in the USA in 2014-2018, t
- Figure 4. The structure of the extraction of primary mineral beryllium concentrates in the world by country in 2018,%
- Figure 5. Sales dynamics of beryllium products manufactured by Materion Corporation in 2016-2018, $ million
- Figure 6. Dynamics of Kazakhstan's export of metallic beryllium in 2002-2019, t
- Figure 7. Dynamics of Kazakhstan's export of metallic beryllium in 2002-2019 in monetary terms, million $
- Figure 8. Dynamics of Kazakhstan's export of beryllium bronzes and ligatures in 2004-2019 in kind, t
- Figure 9. Dynamics of export of Kazakhstan beryllium bronzes and alloys in 2004-2019, tons in terms of metal
- Figure 10. Dynamics of export from Kazakhstan of beryllium bronzes and alloys in 2004-2019 in monetary terms, million $
- Figure 11. Dynamics of import deliveries to the PRC of metallic beryllium in 2004-2018, t
- Figure 12. Dynamics of import deliveries to the PRC of beryllium bronzes and alloys in 2004-2018, tons (in kind)
- Figure 13. Dynamics of export shipments from the Russian Federation of metallic beryllium in 2007-2019, kg
- Figure 14. Dynamics of the Russian export of beryllium-containing bronzes in 2007-2019, t
- Figure 15. Dynamics of the Russian import of metallic beryllium and products from it in 2007-2019, t
- Figure 16. Dynamics of Russian import of beryllium ligatures in 2007-2019, tons in terms of metal
- Figure 17. Dynamics of the Russian import of beryllium bronze in physical terms in 2007-2019, t
- Figure 18. Dynamics of the Russian import of beryllium bronze in terms of metal in 2007-2019, t
- Figure 19. Countries that supply beryllium bronze to Russia in 2018-2019,%
- Figure 20. Dynamics of the Russian import of aluminum-beryllium ligature in physical terms in 2007-2019, t
- Figure 21. Dynamics of Russian import of aluminum-beryllium ligature in terms of metal beryllium in 2007-2019, t
- Figure 22. Dynamics of “apparent consumption” of beryllium materials in 2007-2019, tons in terms of metal
- Figure 23. Dynamics of the “visible” Russian consumption of beryllium in monetary terms in 2014-2019, $ million
- Figure 24. Structure of the Russian consumption of beryllium and beryllium-containing materials in 2018,%