This report is a study of the titanium-containing raw materials market in
Russia and CIS countries ( Kazakhstan and Ukraine). Also summarizes the world
market as this segment of the industry.
Monitoring is carried out since 2007 , for some items since 2000
The purpose of research - market analysis titaniferous raw materials in Russia
This work is a desk study . As information sources, we used data of Rosstat,
Federal Customs Service of Russia , official statistics of rail transport of "
Russian Railways ", the Agency of the Republic of Kazakhstan on Statistics ,
the State Statistics Committee of Ukraine , the data base UNdata, sectoral and
regional press , annual and quarterly reports of companies , as well as web -
sites of manufacturers of belt conveyors .
The chronological scope of the study : 2007-9 months . 2013 outlook - 2014-2020
Geography Research: Russian Federation, Ukraine , Kazakhstan .
The report consists of 7 Sections, contains 166 pages , including 47 tables ,
38 figures and 2 appendices .
In the first chapter of the report describes the global market titaniferous
concentrates (major manufacturers of world production in 2001-2012 ) .
Describes the current trend.
The second chapter is devoted to the study of mineral resources in Russia ,
Ukraine and Kazakhstan . This chapter presents data on reserves , and also
describes the key fields : developed and potential
In the third chapter of the report considers volumes of ilmenite and rutile
concentrates in Russia, Kazakhstan and Ukraine in 2007-2013 describe all
mining companies in these countries , as well as considered projects for the
development of new deposits. The forecast production of titanium-containing
raw materials in Russia 2020
The fourth chapter is devoted to the analysis of consumption of titanium
concentrates in Russia in 2007-2013 given the dynamics and structure of
consumption of this raw material in the last 7 years , analyzed the factors
determining the demand for the products studied , the basic end-uses . The
forecast of demand for the next 7 years , based on the forecast of the
development of basic industries that use ilmenite and rutile concentrates.
In the fifth chapter of the report devoted to the relation of production and
consumption of titanium concentrates calculated balance for 2007-2013 ,
describes trends in the development of this segment and the forecast up to 2020
The sixth chapter discusses the pricing environment of the titanium feedstock
market in Russia. This section discusses the dynamics of export -import and
domestic prices for ilmenite and rutile concentrates in recent years. The
analysis of the impact of logistics on the price of concentrate.
In the seventh chapter describes the barriers to entry into the industry.
Describes the extent and methods of state regulation of the industry .
The Appendix presents contact information on the main enterprise-producers and
consumers of titanium concentrates in Russia , Ukraine and Kazakhstan.
Table of Contents
1. Introduction. General information about the industry.
- 1.1. World Industry
- 1.1.1. Mineral composition, types of titanium raw materials and processing methods
- 1.1.2. Requirements titaniferous concentrates
- 1.1.3. World reserves of titanium
- 1.1.4. World production of titanium concentrates in 1999-2012
- 1.1.5. New mining projects titaniferous concentrates
- 1.1.6. World consumption structure titaniferous concentrates in 2012
- World production of titanium dioxide
- World production of titanium sponge
- Other areas of consumption
- 1.1.7. World prices for titanium concentrates in 2002-2013
- 1.2. Features of the Russian industry
2. Mineral resources base of Russia, Ukraine and Kazakhstan
- 2.1. Types and characteristics of the deposits
- 2.2. Reserves and resources, their distribution
- 2.3. Key field: developed and potential
3. Production (mining) titaniferous feedstock (ilmenite, rutile, leucoxene) in Russia, Ukraine and Kazakhstan
- 3.1. Dynamics and structure of production and production of titanium
concentrates in Russia in 2006-2013
- 3.2. Description and analysis of trends
- 3.3. The qualitative composition of the products on the market
- 3.4. Description of manufacturing companies in Russia (competitor analysis)
- 3.4.1. OOO "Olekminsky Mine" (Russia, Amur region.)
- 3.4.2. JSC "tuganskiy GOK" Ilmenite "(Tomsk region).
- 3.4.3. LLC "Lovozero GOK" (Murmansk region).
- 3.4.4. New projects for the development of Russian titanium raw material base
- 3.5. Dynamics of mining and production of titanium concentrates in Ukraine
- 3.6. Ukrainian exports of titanium concentrates in 2007-2013
- 3.7. Description of the companies manufacturers titanium concentrates in
- 3.7.1. Branch of JSC "Crimean Titan" - Volnogorskiy Mining and Metallurgical Plant (Dnipropetrovsk region).
- 3.7.2. Branch of JSC "Crimean Titan" - "Irshansky GOK" (Zhytomyr region).
- 3.7.3. Mining Ltd. 'Rolls-ilmenite "(Zhytomyr region).
- 3.7.4. OOO "Mezhdurech'ye GOK" (Zhytomyr region).
- 3.7.5 .. "PKF" Welt "(Kirovohrad region).
- 3.7.6. OOO "Nonferrous metals" (Dnipropetrovsk region).
- 3.7.7. OOO "Demurinsky GOK" (Dnipropetrovsk region).
- 3.7.8. New projects for the development of Ukraine's resource base
- 3.8. Production of titanium concentrates in Kazakhstan
- 3.9. Description titaniferous concentrates manufacturing companies in
- 3.9.1. LLP «Satpaevsk titanium mines Ltd» (East Kazakhstan
- 3.9.2 .. Obukhov-Mining Ltd. "Tiolayn" (North-Kazakhstan region).
- 3.9.3. Shokashsky Mining (Aktobe).
- 3.10. Forecast of production of titanium materials in Russia until 2020
4. Consumption in Russia
- 4.1. Description consuming industries and their requirements for raw
- 4.1.1. The production of titanium dioxide pigment
- 4.1.2. Production of titanium metal
- 188.8.131.52. JSC "Avisma" (Perm region)
- 184.108.40.206. JSC "Solikamsk Magnesium Plant" (Perm region)
- 4.1.3. Production ferrotitana
- 220.127.116.11. JSC "Kluchevskoy Ferroalloy Plant" (Sverdlovsk region.,
- 4.1.4. Manufacture of welding electrodes and flux cored wire in Russia
- 4.2. Dynamics and structure of consumption in Russia in 2000-2013
- 4.3. Description and analysis of trends
- 4.4. New production projects
- 4.5. Demand Forecast to 2020
5. Ratio of production and consumption in Russia in 2006-2013
- 5.1. Dynamics of balance in 2006-2013 Description and analysis of trends
- 5.2. Forecast of 2020
6. Prices in Russia
- 6.1. Dynamics of Russian prices for ilmenite and rutile concentrates.
- 6.2. Logistics. The effect on product price
- 6.3. Impact on the quality of the product price
- 6.4. Price forecast up to 2020, titanium-containing concentrates
7. External Environment
- 7.1. Barriers to entry into the industry
- 7.2. The extent and methods of state regulation of the industry
- 7.3. Quotas for import / export, trade relations
Appendix 1. Contact information on producers of titanium concentrates
in Russia and Ukraine
Appendix 2. Address book consumers of titanium raw materials in Russia
List of Tables:
- Table 1. Basic requirements for titanium concentrates for various
- Table 2. Distribution of industrial reserves of titanium, by country,%
- Table 3. World production of ilmenite and rutile concentrates on countries
in 2001-2012, kt, based on 100% TiO2
- Table 4. Dynamics of world production of titanium sponge in 2005-2012, kt
- Table 5. Geological-genetic classification of titanium deposits
- Table 6. Industrial (mineralogical and technological) types of titanium
ore deposits of different genesis
- Table 7. The main deposits of titanium materials in the CIS and licensors
- Table 8. Production of titanium concentrates in Russia by companies in
- Table 9. Chemical composition of ilmenite concentrates on the Russian
- Table 10. Chemical composition of rutile concentrates on the Russian market
- Table 11. SWOT-analysis of LLC "Olekminsky Mine"
- Table 12. SWOT-analysis of JSC "tuganskiy GOK" Ilmenite "
- Table 13. Ilmenite concentrate exports from Ukraine by countries in
- Table 14. Deliveries of ilmenite concentrate from Ukraine by producers in
- Table 15. Rutile concentrate exports from Ukraine by countries in
- Table 16. Rutile concentrate exports from Ukraine by producers in
- Table 17. Chemical composition of ilmenite concentrates production VGMK
- Table 18. Chemical composition of rutile concentrates production VGMK
- Table 19. Exports of ilmenite concentrate VGMK on foreign companies to
consumers in 2010-2013, t
- Table 20. Deliveries rutile concentrate VGMK on foreign companies to
consumers in 2010-2013, t
- Table 21. Composition of ilmenite concentrate production Irshansk GOK In
- Table 22. Exports of ilmenite concentrate Irshansk GOK on foreign
companies to consumers in 2010-2013, t
- Table 23. Chemical composition of titanium concentrates Obukhov MINING
- Table 24. Forecast of development of key market events titanium
concentrates in Russia 2020
- Table 25. Requirements for the quality of titanium dioxide pigment (GOST
- Table 26. Brand titanium dioxide, produced by CIS companies
- Table 27. Requirements for quality non-pigmentary titanium dioxide
- Table 28. Titanium dioxide production enterprises of the CIS in 2000-2012,
- Table 29. Manufacturers of titanium sponge in the CIS
- Table 30. Chemical composition of titanium sponge, produced in the CIS, by
brand, GOST 17746-96
- Table 31. Imports of titanium concentrates on producers of "Avisma" in
- Table 32. Feature ferrotitana produced in Russia (GOST 4761-91)
- Table 33. Chemical composition of ferrotitanium "Kluchevskoy Ferroalloy
- Table 34. Deliveries Ukrainian ilmenite concentrates on QMF in 2005-2013, t
- Table 35. Deliveries of ilmenite concentrates on electrode factories in
Russia 2010-2013, t
- Table 36. Deliveries rutile concentrates electrode factories in Russia
- Table 37. The balance of production consumption titaniferous concentrates
based on TiO2 in 2006-2013, kt,%
- Table 38. Positive forecast supply-demand balance titanium raw materials
based on TiO2 2020
- Table 39. Negative outlook for the balance of the production-consumption
titanium raw material in terms of TiO2 2020
- Table 40. Realistic forecast supply-demand balance of titanium raw
materials based on TiO2 2020
- Table 41. Dynamics of prices of ilmenite concentrates from various
suppliers in 2007-2013, $ / t
- Table 42. Contract prices for ilmenite concentrates for Russian importers
in 2007-2013, $ / t
- Table 43. Dynamics of prices for rutile concentrates on the border of the
Russian Federation from various suppliers in 2007-2013, $ / t
- Table 44. Contract prices for rutile concentrates for Russian importers in
2007-2013, $ / t
- Table 45. Dynamics fee rail titanium concentrates in Russia in 2007-2012,
rub. / Ton
- Table 46. Cost of 1% TiO2 in ilmenite concentrates from different
manufacturers in 2013, $
- Table 47. Terms of imports and exports of titanium concentrates
List of Figures:
- Figure 1. Scheme of using titanium mineral concentrates and refined
- Figure 2 . Dynamics of world production of titanium concentrates in
1999-2012 , kt , based on 100 % TiO2
- Figure 3. The structure of the raw material base of world production of
titanium dioxide in 2012, %
- Figure 4 . The structure of the global consumption of titanium dioxide in
- Figure 5 . Dynamics of world production of titanium sponge in 2005-2012 by
countries , kt
- Figure 6. World prices for ilmenite and rutile concentrates in 2002-2013 ,
$ / t
- Figure 7 . Dynamics of production of titanium concentrates (based on TiO2)
in Russia in 2006-2013 , t
- Figure 8. Pattern of supplies of ilmenite concentrate on the Russian
market for manufacturing companies in 2012 %
- Figure 9 . Pattern of supplies of rutile concentrate on the Russian market
by producers in 2012 %
- Figure 10 . Dynamics of production of ilmenite concentrate LLC "
Olekminsky mine " in 2010-2013 , kt
- Figure 11 . Dynamics of production of ilmenite concentrate of JSC «
HKGO " Ilmenite " in 2006-2013 , t