Product Code: IRTNTR7758
Market outlook of project portfolio management
Technavioa's market research analysts predict the global PPM market to grow at a CAGR of close to 12% from 2015 to 2019. Factors such as increased need for business optimization and the need to manage costs accelerate the growth of this market.
PPM software solutions are used in BFSI, government, real estate, healthcare, and the retail sector to provide better visibility and management of projects. During the forecast period, the market will witness increased adoption of cloud-based solutions. Currently, PPM software largely offered through a three-year contract with a license that is subject to renewal post the contract period. In contrast, the SaaS-based model allows companies to choose their desired duration. It extends the flexibility to decide on whether to go ahead with the same requirements or purchase more services. Growing popularity of the SaaS model will drive this market over the next four years.
Research scope of the global PPM market
This research report considers the total revenue generated from the sales of the following:
- Software licenses and subscriptions
- Software implementation and maintenance costs
The report includes the following deployment type:
- SaaS-based PPM
- On-premise PPM
PPM software is a tool that is extensively used for analyzing and collectively managing multiple projects. It constitutes a significant part of enterprise risk management and allows enterprises to obtain and view information about all available projects. PPM enables organizations to prioritize and sort each project based on various parameters such as the impact on resources and strategic value. It helps project management teams to add or remove items from the project execution process based on cost, benefits, and long-term effects.
Geographical segmentation of the global PPM market
The Americas accounted for the majority share of the global PPM market in 2014. However, it is predicted to witness a decline in its growth rate over the next four years. The EMEA is predicted to witness a rapid growth rate during the same period due to high adoption of SaaS-PPM.
Key leading players of the global PPM market
- CA Technologies
Market vendors are focused on resolving the various complexities involving deployment of PPM software. Many organizations that have implemented PPM software often face issues regarding the relevance and use of the software post deployment. At times, organizations do not clearly define their business problems and fail to communicate to PPM vendors. The market is also facing a crunch of skilled manpower who can train users and educate them about the correct usage of PPM software.
As per the market forecast, many industry verticals other than IT are expected to adopt agile project management methods over the next four years. This trend is catching up rapidly, and it will pose an attractive opportunity for market vendors during the forecast period.
Key questions answered in the report
- What are the key factors driving the global PPM market?
- What are the key market trends impacting the growth of the global PPM market?
- What are the various opportunities and threats faced by the vendors in the global PPM market?
- Trending factors influencing the market shares for EMEA, APAC, and Americas?
- Key outcome of the five forces analysis on the global PPM market?
- Growth forecast of the global PPM market until 2019?
Technavio also offers customization on reports based on specific client requirement.
Table of Contents
PART 01: Executive summary
PART 02: Scope of the report
- Market overview
- Top-vendor offerings
PART 03: Market research methodology
- Research methodology
- Economic indicators
PART 04: Introduction
PART 05: Market landscape
- PPM overview
- PPM market segmentation
- PPM components
- PPM life cycle
- Market size and forecast
- Five forces analysis
PART 06: Market segmentation by deployment
- Global PPM market segmentation by deployment 2014
- Global PPM market segmentation by deployment 2014-2019
PART 07: Market segmentation by region
- Global PPM market segmentation by region 2014
- Global PPM market by region 2014-2019
PART 08: Market drivers
- Increased adoption of cloud solutions
- Need for cost management
- Need for business optimization
PART 09: Impact of drivers
PART 10: Market challenges
- Deployment and usage complexities
- Lack of skilled professionals
- Issues with supply chain cycle
PART 11: Impact of drivers and challenges
PART 12: Market trends
- Adoption of agile practice
- Rising adoption of mobile PPM
- Increased demand for customized solutions
PART 13: Vendor landscape
- Competitive scenario
- Other leading and prominent vendors
- Vendors and products focused area
PART 14: Key vendor analysis
- CA Technologies
PART 15: Appendix
PART 16: Explore Technavio
List of Exhibits
- Exhibit 01: Product offerings
- Exhibit 02: Segmentation by deployment
- Exhibit 03: PPM components
- Exhibit 04: Life cycle stages
- Exhibit 05: Global PPM market 2014-2019 ($ billions)
- Exhibit 06: Five forces analysis
- Exhibit 07: Global PPM market by deployment model 2014
- Exhibit 08: Global PPM market by deployment 2014-2019
- Exhibit 09: Global PPM market by deployment 2014-2019 ($ billions)
- Exhibit 10: Global PPM market by geography 2014
- Exhibit 11: Global PPM market by region 2014-2019
- Exhibit 12: Global PPM market by region 2014-2019 ($ billions)
- Exhibit 13: Impact of drivers
- Exhibit 14: Impact of drivers and challenges
- Exhibit 15: CA Technologies: Business segmentation by revenue 2015
- Exhibit 16: CA Technologies: Business segmentation by revenue 2014 and 2015 ($ millions)
- Exhibit 17: CA Technologies: Geographical segmentation by revenue 2015
- Exhibit 18: HP: Business segmentation 2014 by revenue
- Exhibit 19: HP: Business segmentation by revenue 2013 and 2014 ($ billions)
- Exhibit 20: Business segmentation by revenue 2014
- Exhibit 21: Business segmentation by revenue 2013 and 2014 ($ billions)
- Exhibit 22: Geographical segmentation by revenue 2014
- Exhibit 23: Oracle: Business segmentation by revenue 2014
- Exhibit 24: Oracle: Business segmentation by revenue 2013 and 2014 ($ millions)
- Exhibit 25: Oracle: Geographical segmentation by revenue 2014
- Exhibit 26: Planview: Business segmentation 2014
- Exhibit 27: SAP: Business segmentation by revenue 2014
- Exhibit 28: SAP: Business segmentation by revenue 2013 and 2014 ($ billions)
- Exhibit 29: SAP: Geographical segmentation by revenue 2014