Product Code: IRTNTR8040
An overview of the global pantyliner market
Technavio's research analyst predicts the global pantyliner market to grow steadily at a CAGR of over 5% during the forecast period. Increased awareness about feminine hygiene has prompted manufacturers to focus on new marketing strategies. Brand visibility has increased due to a number of campaigns on social media such as Facebook and YouTube. These campaigns are significantly increasing the adoption of pantyliners.
Although the pantyliner market is in its nascent stage, it is gaining traction due to change in perception regarding pantyliners among consumers. This changing perception in women is a major driver for the growth of the pantyliner market. Governments are taking initiatives by pushing companies to come up with innovations and marketing strategies to change the perceptions of society. From top players such as P&G to premier players, vendors are increasingly trying to usher in new ideas and motivating women for their self-motivation and betterment, thus driving the growth of the overall market.
Category segmentation and analysis of the global pantyliner market
The global pantyliners market was dominated by the regular segment, with a share of more than 64% in 2015. This is mainly because of easy availability and market visibility of these products. As per Technavio's market analysis, this segment is expected to contribute more than $2 billion in revenue by 2020.
Geographical segmentation and analysis of the global pantyliner market
The global pantyliner market was dominated by the Americas in 2015, accounting for over 45% of the market share, and is expected to contribute more than $1 billion in revenue by 2020. The adoption of feminine hygiene products, especially tampons, menstrual cups, and pantyliners, is high in the Americas because of high awareness rates and the high proportion of working women.
Competitive landscape and key vendors
The global pantyliner market is competitive, with vendors competing on the basis of product differentiation, portfolio, and pricing. However, at present, the major international vendors dominate the market. Many private labels are also entering the market, as the majority of women perceive private labels to be of good quality.
The leading vendors in the market are -
- Edgewell Personal Care
- Johnson and Johnson
Other prominent vendors in the market include Berry, Natacare, Ontex International, First Quality Enterprises, Fujian Hengan Group, Kao, Millie & More, My Bella Flor, PayChest, and Seventh Generation.
Key questions answered in the report include
- What will the market size and the growth rate be in 2020?
- What are the key factors driving the global pantyliner market?
- What are the key market trends impacting the growth of the pantyliner market?
- What are the challenges to market growth?
- Who are the key vendors in this market space?
- What are the market opportunities and threats faced by the vendors in the global pantyliner market?
- What are the trending factors influencing the market shares of the Americas, APAC, Europe, and MEA?
- What are the key outcomes of the five forces analysis of the global pantyliner market?
Technavio also offers customization on reports based on specific client requirement.
Table of Contents
PART 01: Executive summary
PART 02: Scope of the report
- Market overview
- Top-vendor offerings
PART 03: Market research methodology
- Research methodology
- Economic indicators
PART 04: Introduction
PART 05: Market landscape
- Market overview of feminine hygiene products
- Market size and forecast
- Five forces analysis
PART 06: Market segmentation by Category
- Market overview
- Global regular pantyliner market
- Global scented pantyliner market
- Global unscented pantyliner market
- Global maxi pantyliner market
PART 07: Geographical segmentation
- Pantyliner market in Americas
- Pantyliner market in Europe
- Pantyliner market in APAC
- Pantyliner market in MEA
PART 08: Market drivers
PART 09: Impact of drivers
PART 10: Market challenges
PART 11: Impact of drivers and challenges
PART 12: Market trends
PART 13: Vendor landscape
- Competitive scenario
- Market share analysis 2015
- Other prominent vendors
PART 14: Key vendor analysis
- Edgewell Personal Care
PART 15: Appendix
PART 16: Explore Technavio
List of Exhibits
- Exhibit 01: Global pantyliner market overview 7
- Exhibit 02: Product offerings 8
- Exhibit 03: Feminine hygiene products
- Exhibit 04: Comparison of different types of feminine hygiene products
- Exhibit 05: Product lifecycle of feminine hygiene products
- Exhibit 06: Global pantyliner market 2015-2020 ($ billions)
- Exhibit 07: Five forces analysis
- Exhibit 08: Global pantyliner market by product category 2015 and 2020
- Exhibit 09: Global pantyliner market by product category 2015-2020
- Exhibit 10: Global regular pantyliner market 2015-2020 ($ millions)
- Exhibit 11: Global scented pantyliner market 2015-2020 ($ millions)
- Exhibit 12: Global unscented pantyliner market 2015-2020 ($ millions)
- Exhibit 13: Global maxi pantyliner market 2015-2020 ($ millions)
- Exhibit 14: Segmentation of global pantyliner market by geography 2015
- Exhibit 15: Segmentation of global pantyliner market by geography 2020
- Exhibit 16: Segmentation of global pantyliner market by geography 2015-2020
- Exhibit 17: Pantyliner market in Americas 2015-2020 ($ millions)
- Exhibit 18: Pantyliner market in Europe 2015-2020 ($ millions)
- Exhibit 19: Pantyliner market in APAC 2015-2020 ($ millions)
- Exhibit 20: Pantyliner market in MEA 2015-2020 ($ millions)
- Exhibit 21: Impact of drivers
- Exhibit 22: Impact of drivers and challenges
- Exhibit 23: Market share analysis of vendors 2015
- Exhibit 24: Kimberly-Clark: Business segmentation by revenue 2014
- Exhibit 25: Kimberly-Clark: Business segmentation by revenue 2013 and 2014
- Exhibit 26: Kimberly-Clark: Geographical segmentation by revenue 2014
- Exhibit 27: P&G: Business segmentation by revenue 2015
- Exhibit 28: P&G: Business segmentation by revenue 2014 and 2015 ($ billions)
- Exhibit 29: Premier: Business segmentation 2015
- Exhibit 30: Unicharm: Business segmentation by revenue 2014
- Exhibit 31: Unicharm: Geographical segmentation by revenue 2014