Product Code: IRTNTR7723
Market outlook of the fertilizers market in Thailand
Fertilizers are used to prompt the growth of plant and also in increasing the crop yield. They help plants in holding the soil, thereby reduce soil erosion. Technavio's market research analyst has estimated that the consumption of fertilizers in Thailand was 2.74 million metric tons in 2014 and is expected to reach a volume of 3.34 million metric tons in 2019, growing at a CAGR of more than 4%. Agriculture is one of the major source of the economy in Thailand, wherein more than 60% of the population is involved in agriculture.
The increasing population in Thailand every year has increased the demand for food, thereby increasing the production and consumption of fertilizers in the country. The consumers are expanding their diets with these dietary changes manifested in the form of increased demand for grain-intensive animal protein and dairy products. However, with the decline in arable land, it is difficult for farmers to increase productivity enough to cater to the high demand for food. Therefore, farmers are increasingly depending on fertilizers to improve plant growth and yields.
Segmentation of the fertilizers market in Thailand by product
In 2014, the nitrogen segment led the market with a share of over 63% and this segment is likely to retain their top position through 2019. Corn, sugarcane, and cassava crops use significant amount of nitrogen fertilizers in Thailand, which is one of the main reasons influencing the market growth. Moreover, the growth in the nitrogen fertilizer market is majorly driven by imports from the Middle East countries (Saudi Arabia, Oman, Qatar, and Kuwait), Malaysia, and the US.
Competitive landscape and key vendors
The fertilizers market in Thailand is extremely competitive, with players competing to enhance market share. Factors such as intense competition, rapid advances in technology, and frequent changes in consumer preferences create significant risks for market vendors. Therefore, the market is expected to witness increased consolidation because of the growing competition among vendors.
Top vendors in this market are -
- Artemis & Angel
- Chia Tai
- National Chemical Fertilizer Public Company
- Thai Central Chemical
- Yara International
Other prominent vendors included in this report are Ajinomoto, Crop Argo, Global Bio, ICL Fertilizers, and Terragro Company.
Growth drivers, challenges, and upcoming trends: Fertilizers
Technavio's market research analysts consider upcoming trends such as the increase in adoption of biofertilizers, which is driven by the increase in awareness of the negative impact of chemical fertilizers on health and environment. The increasing adoption of biofertilizers can also be attributed to the growing demand for organic food and increase in government regulations for environmental safety.
This report provides a number of factors contributing to the adoption, limitations, and opportunities of the fertilizers market in Thailand. It also offers an analysis of each factor and an estimation of the extent to which the factors are likely to impact the overall market growth.
Key questions answered in the report include
- What will the market size and the growth rate be in 2019?
- What are the key factors driving the fertilizers market in Thailand?
- What are the key market trends impacting the growth of the fertilizers market in Thailand?
- What are the challenges to market growth?
- Who are the key vendors in the fertilizers market in Thailand?
- What are the market opportunities and threats faced by the vendors in the fertilizers market in Thailand?
- What are the key outcomes of the five forces analysis of the fertilizers market in Thailand?
Technavio also offers customization on reports based on specific client requirement.
Table of Contents
PART 01: Executive summary
PART 02: Scope of the report
PART 03: Market research methodology
- Research methodology
- Economic indicators
PART 04: Introduction
PART 05: Global agriculture: An overview
- Agricultural production
- Global agricultural land
PART 06: Thailand: Country profile
PART 07: Agriculture in Thailand: An overview
PART 08: Market landscape
PART 09: Market segmentation by product
- Fertilizer market in Thailand by product
- Nitrogen fertilizer market in Thailand
- Phosphate fertilizer market in Thailand
- Potash fertilizer market in Thailand
PART 10: Market drivers
PART 11: Impact of drivers
PART 12: Market challenges
PART 13: Impact of drivers and challenges
PART 14: Market trends
PART 15: Vendor landscape
- Competitive scenario
- Major vendors 2014
- Other prominent vendors
PART 16: Other prominent vendors
- Crop Argo
- Global Bio
- ICL Fertilizers
PART 17: Key vendor analysis
- Artemis & Angel
- Chia Tai
- Yara International
PART 18: Appendix
PART 19: Explore Technavio
List of Exhibits
- Exhibit 01: Product offerings
- Exhibit 02: Growth in agricultural production 1997-2030 (per annum)
- Exhibit 03: Global agricultural land 2010-2014
- Exhibit 04: World population (billions) versus arable land (hectares per person) 1950-2050
- Exhibit 05: Thailand profile
- Exhibit 06: GDP of Thailand 2009-2014 ($ billions)
- Exhibit 07: GDP per capita in Thailand 2009-2014 ($)
- Exhibit 08: Economic indicators in Thailand 2009-2014
- Exhibit 09: Agriculture land area by region in Thailand 2015
- Exhibit 10: Crop distribution by land use in Thailand
- Exhibit 11: World's top 10 rice exporters 2015
- Exhibit 12: Fertilizer market in Thailand 2014-2019 (million metric tons)
- Exhibit 13: Fertilizer consumption in Thailand per hectare of arable land 2007-2012 (kg)
- Exhibit 14: Five forces analysis
- Exhibit 15: Fertilizer market in Thailand by product 2014
- Exhibit 16: Fertilizer market in Thailand by product 2019
- Exhibit 17: Fertilizer market in Thailand by product 2014-2019
- Exhibit 18: Nitrogen fertilizer market in Thailand 2014-2019 (million metric tons)
- Exhibit 19: Phosphate fertilizer market in Thailand 2014-2019 (thousand metric tons)
- Exhibit 20: Potash fertilizer market in Thailand 2014-2019 (thousand metric tons)
- Exhibit 21: Population in Thailand 2009-2014 (millions)
- Exhibit 22: Global demand for biofuels 2014-2019 (million metric tons)
- Exhibit 23: Impact of drivers
- Exhibit 24: Water resources in Thailand 2015
- Exhibit 25: Impact of drivers and challenges
- Exhibit 26: Fertilizer nutrient imports into Thailand 2007-2012 (million metric tons)
- Exhibit 27: Artemis & Angel: Product segmentation
- Exhibit 28: NFC: Product segmentation
- Exhibit 29: TCCC: Business segmentation by revenue 2014
- Exhibit 30: TCCC: Business segmentation by revenue 2013 and 2014 ($ millions)
- Exhibit 31: Yara International: Business segmentation by revenue 2014
- Exhibit 32: Yara International: Business segmentation by revenue 2013 and 2014 ($ billions)
- Exhibit 33: Yara International: Geographical segmentation by revenue 2014