Product Code: IRTNTR7539
Covering: This industry research report presents detailed segmentation of the global waste management market in the automotive industry by waste type (recyclable and non-recyclable). The report also provides a detailed analysis of the key regions, including APAC, MEA, Europe, and the Americas. Leading vendors in this market are Autowaste, Befesa, FCC Environment, Northburn Industrial Services, Recyclexinc, Safety-Kleen, Skip waste, SWR, and Transpacific.
Market outlook of the waste management market in the automotive industry
Technavio market research analysts estimate the global market for waste management in the automotive industry to post a moderate CAGR of nearly 10% by 2019. This market is expected to grow steadily during the forecast period and is positively influenced by factors like the rising production of automobiles and the increasing waste management initiatives by governments across the world.
Increasing production of automobiles is the key driver for the growth of this market. Since the production of automobiles involves the generation of waste materials, many manufacturers are now recycling these waste materials as it helps to resolve supply shortage during the manufacturing process. Automotive waste management involves the reuse and recycling of waste materials like metal, solvents, batteries, plastic, and glass. Recycling of these materials helps vendors to address environmental concerns and also allows them to address the issue of resource depletion.
Segmentation by waste type and analysis of: recyclable & non-recyclable waste
In this market research report, Technavio's market research analyst has estimated the recyclable waste segment to account for more than 82% of the total market share by 2019. Recycling of automotive wastes involves processes that convert the discarded wastes into useful materials and can be carried out either at the manufacturing site or at processing facilities.
The report offers an analysis of each of the following segments and discusses its impact on the overall market growth -
- Recyclable waste
- Non-recyclable waste
Geographical segmentation of the waste management market in the automotive industry
In this market study, Technavio analysts have estimated the APAC region to account for approximately 53% of the total market share by 2019. In APAC, rising automobile manufacturing activities in regions like China, India, and Japan is expected to result in the generation of waste materials. Since the existing automotive waste processing systems in APAC are inadequate and need a lot of improvement, this region is expected to witness huge investments in the waste recycling sector, which in turn will promote market growth in APAC during the forecast period.
Competitive landscape and key vendors: Autowaste, Befesa, FCC Environment
This market is highly fragmented due to the presence of numerous local and international players like Skip waste and SWR. These vendors provide services that are limited to a particular region rather than global services. The Americas and APAC are the two critical regions where waste management services are primarily focused and factors like the increasing manufacturing activity and the introduction of stringent government policies augment the prospects for growth in this market during the forecast period.
Leading vendors in this market are -
- FCC Environment
- Northburn Industrial Services
- Skip waste
- Other prominent vendors analyzed in this market study are AWS, Bradbury, EWD (Eastern waste disposal), and Mil-tek.
Key questions answered in the report include
- What will the market size and the growth rate be in 2019?
- What are the key factors driving the waste management in the automotive industry?
- What are the key market trends impacting the growth of the waste management in the automotive industry?
- What are the challenges to market growth?
- Who are the key vendors in the waste management in the automotive industry?
- What are the market opportunities and threats faced by the vendors in the waste management in the automotive industry?
- What are the key outcomes of the five forces analysis of the waste management in the automotive industry?
Technavio also offers customization on reports based on specific client requirement.
Table of Contents
PART 01: Executive summary
PART 02: Scope of the report
- Market overview
- Top-vendor offerings
PART 03: Market research methodology
- Research methodology
- Economic indicators
PART 04: Introduction
PART 05: Market landscape
- Market overview
- Overview on recycling
- Market size and forecast
- Five forces analysis
PART 06: Market segmentation by waste type
- Global waste management in automotive industry by waste type 2014-2019
- Global waste in automotive industry by waste type 2014-2019
- Global waste in automotive industry by recyclable segment
- Global waste in automotive industry by non-recyclable segment
PART 07: Geographical segmentation
- Global waste in automotive industry by geography
- Automotive waste in APAC
- Automotive waste in Americas
- Automotive waste in Europe
- Automotive waste in MEA
PART 08: Key leading countries
PART 09: Market drivers
- Increase in number of automobiles
- Increased government regulations and legislation
- Growing environmental and health concerns
PART 10: Impact of drivers
PART 11: Market challenges
PART 12: Impact of drivers and challenges
PART 13: Market trends
PART 14: Vendor landscape
- Competitive landscape
- Other prominent vendors
PART 15: Key vendor analysis
- Specialist waste recycling
- Transpacific industries
PART 16: Appendix
PART 17: Explore Technavio
List of Exhibits
- Exhibit 01: Product offerings
- Exhibit 02: Global waste management in automotive industry
- Exhibit 03: Life cycle of vehicle
- Exhibit 04: GHG emissions from production of materials (kilograms of CO2-equivalent emissions per kilogram of material)
- Exhibit 05: Volume of fluids available in a car (in liters)
- Exhibit 06: Global automotive waste (million tons)
- Exhibit 07: Five forces analysis
- Exhibit 08: Global waste in automotive industry by waste type 2014-2019
- Exhibit 09: Global waste in automotive industry by waste type 2014-2019
- Exhibit 10: Global waste in automotive industry by recyclable segment 2014-2019 (million tons)
- Exhibit 11: Global waste in automotive industry by non-recyclable segment 2014-2019 (million tons)
- Exhibit 12: Global waste in automotive industry by geography for 2014-2019
- Exhibit 13: Global waste in automotive industry by geographical segmentation 2014-2019
- Exhibit 14: Automotive waste management in APAC 2014-2019 (million tons)
- Exhibit 15: Automotive waste management in Americas 2014-2019 (million tons)
- Exhibit 16: Automotive waste management in Europe 2014-2019 (million tons)
- Exhibit 17: Government initiatives related to ELVs
- Exhibit 18: Automotive waste management in Europe 2014-2019 (million tons)
- Exhibit 19: Key leading countries
- Exhibit 20: Impact of drivers
- Exhibit 21: Landfill charge for waste tires (in $)
- Exhibit 22: Impact of drivers and challenges
- Exhibit 23: Autowaste: Services
- Exhibit 24: Befesa: Business segmentation 2014 by revenue
- Exhibit 25: Befesa: Business segmentation by revenue 2013 and 2014 ($ millions)
- Exhibit 26: Befesa: Geographical segmentation by revenue 2014
- Exhibit 27: Emerald: Business segmentation
- Exhibit 28: Recyclex: Services
- Exhibit 29: Safety-Kleen: Product segmentation
- Exhibit 30: SWR: Service segmentation
- Exhibit 31: Transpacific Industries: Business segmentation by revenue 2015
- Exhibit 32: Transpacific Industries: Business segmentation by revenue 2014 and 2015 ($ millions)