Product Code: IRTNTR6719
About Architectural Coatings
Coatings protect a surface and/or enhance its appearance. Architectural coatings are applied to commercial and residential buildings. They serve to protect a building from elements, such as moisture, UV radiation, and microbes. Paints, primers, lacquers, varnishes, and stains are some of the major types of architectural coating products. These products are formulated using various types of resins, such as acrylic, alkyds, polyester, and polyurethane. The market may be broadly classified into two major types of coating technologies: Solvent-borne and water-borne coatings.
Technavio analysts forecast the architectural coatings market in North America to grow at a CAGR of 4.02% during 2014-2019.
Covered in this Report
The report covers the present scenario and the growth prospects of the architectural coatings market in North America for the period 2014-2019. To arrive at the market shares of the leading vendors of the market and to calculate the market size, the report considers the revenue generated through the sales of architectural coatings by vendors. It also presents the vendor landscape and a corresponding detailed analysis of the top five vendors in the market.
The report also provides data on the different segments of the market, which are based on the following criteria: Technology (water-borne and solvent-borne coatings); resin (acrylic, alkyd, epoxy, polyester and others such as polyurethane, PTFE, and PVDF); end-users (residential and commercial end-users); type of activity (new construction and remodeling/repainting activities); type of consumers (professional and DIY consumers); application (interior and exterior applications); and distribution channel (company stores, home centers, and independent distributors).
In addition, the report discusses the major drivers influencing market growth, and also outlines the challenges facing the vendors and the market as a whole. It evaluates the key trends that are emerging in the market.
The Technavio report, namely Architectural Coatings Market in North America 2015-2019, is based on an in-depth market analysis, with inputs from industry experts.
- Benjamin Moore
Other Prominent Vendors
- Colorado Paint
- Cloverdale Paint
- Diamond Vogel
- IFS Coatings
- KEIM Mineral Coatings of America
- Kelly-Moore Paints
- RPM International
- Increase in Demand from DIY Consumers
- For a full, detailed list, view our report
- Maturing Market
- For a full, detailed list, view our report
- Rise in Demand for Functional Coatings
- For a full and detailed list, view our report
Key Questions Answered in this Report
- What will the market size be in 2019 and what will the growth rate be?
- What are the key market trends?
- What is driving this market?
- What are the challenges to market growth?
- Who are the key vendors in this market space?
- What are the market opportunities and threats faced by the key vendors?
- What are the strengths and weaknesses of the key vendors?
Table of Contents
01. Executive Summary
02. List of Abbreviations
03. Scope of the Report
04. Market Research Methodology
- 04.1. Market Research Process
- 04.2. Research Methodology
06. Architectural Coatings Market in North America
- 06.1. Market Size and Forecast by Revenue and Volume
- 06.2. Five Forces Analysis
07. Market Segmentation by Technology
- 07.1. Water-borne Coatings Market for Architecture in North America
- 07.1.1. Market Size and Forecast by Revenue
- 07.2. Solvent-borne Coatings Market for Architecture in North America
- 07.2.1. Market Size and Forecast by Revenue
08. Market Segmentation by Resin
09. Market Segmentation by End-user
10. Market Segmentation by Type of Activity
11. Market Segmentation by Type of Consumer
12. Market Segmentation by Application
13. Market Segmentation by Distribution Channel
14. Market Growth Drivers
15. Market Challenges
16. Market Trends
17. Vendor Landscape
- 17.1. Competitive Scenario
- 17.2. Market Share Analysis 2014
- 17.2.1. Key Vendor Information According to Shares
- 17.3. Other Prominent Vendors
- 17.4. Key Suppliers
18. Key Vendor Analysis
- 18.1. Benjamin Moore
- 18.1.1. Key Facts
- 18.1.2. Business Overview
- 18.1.3. Recent Developments
- 18.1.4. SWOT Analysis
- 18.2. Masco (BEHR Process)
- 18.2.1. Key Facts
- 18.2.2. Business Overview
- 18.2.3. Recent Developments
- 18.2.4. SWOT Analysis
- 18.3. PPG Industries
- 18.3.1. Key Facts
- 18.3.2. Business Overview
- 18.3.3. Business Segmentation
- 18.3.4. Business Segmentation by Revenue 2013
- 18.3.5. Geographical Segmentation by Revenue 2013
- 18.3.6. Recent Developments
- 18.3.7. SWOT Analysis
- 18.4. Sherwin-Williams
- 18.4.1. Key Facts
- 18.4.2. Business Overview
- 18.4.3. Business Segmentation by Revenue 2013
- 18.4.4. Business Segmentation by Revenue 2012 and 2013
- 18.4.5. Business Strategy
- 18.4.6. Recent Developments
- 18.4.7. SWOT Analysis
- 18.5. Valspar
- 18.5.1. Key Facts
- 18.5.2. Business Overview
- 18.5.3. Market Segmentation
- 18.5.4. Business Segmentation by Revenue 2014
- 18.5.5. Business Segmentation by Revenue 2013 and 2014
- 18.5.6. Geographical Segmentation 2013
- 18.5.7. Business Strategy
- 18.5.8. Recent Developments
- 18.5.9. SWOT Analysis
19. Other Reports in this Series