Product Code: IRTNTR3667
An LED is a semiconductor light source used for various applications such as
general lighting, back lighting, and automotive lighting. LED lighting
applications include residential, office, retail, hospitality, industrial,
outdoor, architectural, and others. LEDs are gaining acceptance in these
applications because of their greater efficiency and low cost. Also, LEDs are
able to address some key issues that the world faces today such as the energy
crisis, resource scarcity, climate change, safety in and attractiveness of
cities, productivity in offices, and an enhanced sense of health and
well-being, as lighting consumes approximately 20 percent of all electricity
in the world. LED lighting can save on an average up to 40 percent of energy.
TechNavio's analysts forecast the LED market in South Korea will grow at a
CAGR of 21.53 percent over the period 2013-2018.
Covered in this Report
This report covers the present scenario and the growth prospects of the LED
market in South Korea for the period 2014-2018.
The LED market in South Korea can be divided into three segments based on
- Automotive Lighting
- General Lighting
TechNavio's report, the LED Market in South Korea 2014-2018, has been prepared
based on an in-depth market analysis with inputs from industry experts. The
report covers South Korea; it also covers the LED market landscape and its
growth prospects in the coming years. The report also includes a discussion of
the key vendors operating in this market.
- Cree Inc.
- LG Innotek Co. Ltd.
- Nichia Corp.
- Osram Opto Semiconductors GmbH
- Philips LumiLeds Lighting Co. LLC
- Samsung LED Co. Ltd.
- Seoul Semiconductor Co. Ltd.
Other Prominent Vendors
- Everlight Electronics Co. Ltd.
- GE Lighting LLC
- Lite-On Technology Corp.
- Toyoda Gosei Co. Ltd.
- Wooree E&L Co. Ltd.
Key Market Driver
- Need for Energy-efficient Lighting Solutions
For a full, detailed list, view our report
Key Market Challenge
High Installation Cost Associated with LEDs
For a full, detailed list, view our report
Key Market Trend
- Shift toward Larger Diameter Sapphire Wafers
For a full, detailed list, view our report
Key questions answered in this report:
- What will the market size be in 2018 and what will the growth rate be?
- What are the key market trends?
- What is driving this market?
- What are the challenges to market growth?
- Who are the key vendors in this market space?
- What are the market opportunities and threats faced by the key vendors?
- What are the strengths and weaknesses of the key vendors?
You can request one free hour of our analyst's time when you purchase this
market report. Details are provided within the report.
Table of Contents
01. Executive Summary
02. List of Abbreviations
03. Scope of the Report
- 03.1. Market Overview
- 03.2. Product Offerings
04. Market Research Methodology
- 04.1. Market Research Process
- 04.2. Research Methodology
06. Market Landscape
- 06.1. Market Overview
- 06.2. Country Overview
- 06.3. Concentration of Industrialization Bases
- 06.4. Korea LED Lighting Distribution Expansion Policy
- 06.5. LED Lighting Supply Chain
- 06.6. LED Lighting Value Chain
- 06.7. Technology Landscape
- 06.8. Market Size and Forecast by Value
- 06.9. Five Forces Analysis
07. Market Segmentation by Application
- 07.1. LED Market in Korea by Application
- 07.2. Automotive LED Lighting Market in South Korea
- 07.2.1. Market Size and Forecast
- 07.3. LED Backlighting Market in South Korea
- 07.3.1. Market Size and Forecast
- 07.4. General Lighting LED Market in South Korea
- 07.4.1. Market Size and Forecast
- 07.4.2. General Lighting Market Segmentation by End-users 2013-2018
08. Regulations on Incandescent Lighting by Country
09. Buying Criteria
10. Market Growth Drivers
11. Drivers and their Impact
12. Market Challenges
13. Impact of Drivers and Challenges
14. Market Trends
15. Product Lifecycle
16. Vendor Landscape
- 16.1. Competitive Scenario
- 16.2. Strategic Landscape of Key Vendors 2013
- 16.3. Other Prominent Vendors
- 16.4. Philips LumiLeds Lighting Company LLC
- 16.5. Everlight Electronics Co. Ltd.
- 16.6. Lite-On Technology Corp.
- 16.7. GE Lighting LLC
- 16.8. Toyoda Gosei Co. Ltd.
- 16.9. Wooree E&L Co. Ltd.
17. Key Vendor Analysis
- 17.1. Cree Inc.
- 17.1.1. Key Facts
- 17.1.2. Business Overview
- 17.1.3. Business Segmentation
- 17.1.4. Business Segmentation by Revenue 2013
- 17.1.5. Business Segmentation by Revenue 2011-2013
- 17.1.6. Sales by Geography
- 17.1.7. Business Strategy
- 17.1.8. Key Information
- 17.1.9. SWOT Analysis
- 17.1.10. Strengths
- 17.1.11. Weaknesses
- 17.1.12. Opportunities
- 17.1.13. Threats
- 17.2. LG Innotek Co. Ltd.
- 17.2.1. Key Facts
- 17.2.2. Business Overview
- 17.2.3. Business Segmentation
- 17.2.4. Business Segmentation by Revenue 2013
- 17.2.5. Business Segmentation by Revenue 2012 and 2013
- 17.2.6. Business Strategy
- 17.2.7. Key Information
- 17.2.8. SWOT Analysis
- 17.2.9. Strengths
- 17.2.10. Weaknesses
- 17.2.11. Opportunities
- 17.2.12. Threats
- 17.3. Nichia Corp.
- 17.3.1. Key Facts
- 17.3.2. Business Description
- 17.3.3. Product Line
- 17.3.4. Business Strategy
- 17.3.5. Key Information
- 17.3.6. SWOT Analysis
- 17.3.7. Strengths
- 17.3.8. Weaknesses
- 17.3.9. Opportunities
- 17.3.10. Threats
- 17.4. Osram Opto Semiconductors GmbH
- 17.4.1. Key Facts
- 17.4.2. Business Overview
- 17.4.3. Product Segmentation
- 17.4.4. Business Strategy
- 17.4.5. Key Information
- 17.4.6. SWOT Analysis
- 17.4.7. Strengths
- 17.4.8. Weaknesses
- 17.4.9. Opportunities
- 17.4.10. Threats
- 17.5. Philips Lumileds Lighting Co.
- 17.5.1. Key Facts
- 17.5.2. Business Overview
- 17.5.3. Product Segmentation
- 17.5.4. Business Strategy
- 17.5.5. Key Information
- 17.5.6. SWOT Analysis
- 17.5.7. Strengths
- 17.5.8. Weaknesses
- 17.5.9. Opportunities
- 17.5.10. Threats
- 17.6. Samsung LED Co Ltd
- 17.6.1. Key Facts
- 17.6.2. Business Overview
- 17.6.3. Product Segmentation
- 17.6.4. Business Strategy
- 17.6.5. Key Information
- 17.6.6. SWOT Analysis
- 17.6.7. Strengths
- 17.6.8. Weaknesses
- 17.6.9. Opportunities
- 17.6.10. Threats
- 17.7. Seoul Semiconductor Co. Ltd.
- 17.7.1. Key Facts
- 17.7.2. Business Overview
- 17.7.3. Business Areas
- 17.7.4. Business Strategy
- 17.7.5. Key Information
- 17.7.6. SWOT Analysis
- 17.7.7. Strengths
- 17.7.8. Weaknesses
- 17.7.9. Opportunities
- 17.7.10. Threats
18. Market Summary
List of Exhibits:
- Exhibit 1: Market Research Methodology
- Exhibit 2: LED Market in South Korea By Applications 2013
- Exhibit 3: Country Overview of South Korea 2010-2012
- Exhibit 4: Industrialization Bases in South Korea 2013
- Exhibit 5: LED Lighting Supply Chain
- Exhibit 6: LED Production Process Flow
- Exhibit 7: Concentration LED Supply Chain Entities in South Korea 2013
- Exhibit 8: LED Lighting Value Chain
- Exhibit 9: An LED Bulb
- Exhibit 10: Components of LED Lighting
- Exhibit 11: Different Types of LED Chips based on Colour Emitted LED Bulb
- Exhibit 12: LED Market in Korea 2013-2018 (US$ billion)
- Exhibit 13: LED Market in South Korea 2013-2018
- Exhibit 14: Automotive LED Lighting Market in South Korea 2013-2018 (US$
- Exhibit 15: LED Backlighting Market in South Korea 2013-2018 (US$ billion)
- Exhibit 16: General Lighting LED Market in South Korea 2013-2018 (US$
- Exhibit 17: General LED Lighting Segmentation by End-User 2013-2018
- Exhibit 18: Ban on the Incandescent Light Source Time Line
- Exhibit 19: Buying Criteria of LEDs for Automotive Lighting Application
- Exhibit 20: Buying Criteria of LEDs for Backlighting Application
- Exhibit 21: Buying Criteria of LEDs for General Lighting Application
- Exhibit 22: Percentage of Total Sapphire Substrate Processed 2013-2018
- Exhibit 23: Product Life Cycle of LED and Alternate Technologies of LED
- Exhibit 24: Cree Inc.: Business Segmentation 2013
- Exhibit 25: Cree Inc.: Business Segmentation by Revenue 2013
- Exhibit 26: Cree Inc.: Business Segmentation by Revenue 2011-2013 (US$
- Exhibit 27: Cree Inc.: Sales by Geography 2013
- Exhibit 28: LG Innotek Co. Ltd.: Business Segmentation 2013
- Exhibit 29: LG Innotek Co. Ltd.: Business Segmentation by Revenue 2013
- Exhibit 30: LG Innotek Co. Ltd.: Business Segmentation by Revenue 2012 and
2013 (US$ billion)
- Exhibit 31: Nichia Corp.: Product Line 2013
- Exhibit 32: Company Name: Product Segmentation 2013
- Exhibit 33: Company Name: Business/Product Segmentation 2013
- Exhibit 34: Samsung LED Co Ltd: Product Segmentation 2013
- Exhibit 35: Seoul Semiconductor Co. Ltd.: Business Areas 2013
- Exhibit 36: Relative Manufacturing Cost (in US$)
- Exhibit 37: Electricity Production in Korea Future Forecast by Sector 2012
- Exhibit 38: Price Comparison of 60 Watts LED, Incandescent, and CFL 2013
(US$ per unit)
- Exhibit 39: Market Traction