Product Code: IRTNTR7974
Market outlook of the global m-education market
Technavio's market research analyst predicts the global m-education market to grow at impressive CAGR of around 21% during the forecast period. Much of this growth can be attributed to the proliferation of mobile devices like tablets and smartphones. Additionally, the recent rise in the number of educational apps and platforms used on smartphones and tablets is a significant factor that augments market growth during the forecast period.
The growing popularity of education apps is the key driver for the growth of this market. These apps not only facilitate better learning for students but also help educators to manage student and administrative data. The ability of such apps to facilitate learning and to better manage data is expected to result in its increased adoption during the predicted period.
End-user segmentation and analysis of the global m-education market
- Post-secondary education
Technavio market research analysts estimate the post-secondary education sector to account for a market share of nearly 51% by 2020. The rising need to enhance the standards of learning using m-education methodologies, so as to meet the growing requirements of the employment market is a significant factor that boosts growth in this segment during the forecast period.
Geographical segmentation and analysis of the m-education market
In this market study, analysts have estimated the Americas to account for a market share of nearly 39% by 2020. The recent rise in online certification programs coupled with the students' growing desire to enhance their learning experience on domain-specific topics is expected to impel market growth in this region during the forecast period.
Competitive landscape and key vendors
This market is highly competitive and is primarily dominated by large players like Adobe and Blackboard. Since the large players in this market have been providing m-education products and services for a long time, the entry of new players is restricted. Also, the high cost of setting up an m-education infrastructure is another factor that impedes the entry of new players into the market.
The leading vendors in the market are -
Other prominent vendors in the market include Aptara, Articulate, City and Guilds, Docebo, Edmodo, Haiku Learning, Saba Software, and Schoology.
Key questions answered in the report include
- What will the market size and the growth rate be in 2020?
- What are the key factors driving the global m-education market?
- What are the key market trends impacting the growth of the m-education market?
- What are the challenges to market growth?
- Who are the key vendors in this market space?
- What are the market opportunities and threats faced by the vendors in the global m-education market?
- Trending factors influencing the market shares of the Americas, APAC, and EMEA?
- What are the key outcomes of the five forces analysis of the m-education market?
Technavio also offers customization on reports based on specific client requirement.
Table of Contents
PART 01: Executive summary
PART 02: Scope of the report
- Market overview
- Top-vendor offerings
PART 03: Market research methodology
- Research methodology
- Economic indicators
PART 04: Introduction
PART 05: Market landscape
- Market overview
- M-education: Types of services
- Market size and forecast
- Five forces analysis
PART 06: Market segmentation by end-user
- Global m-education market segmentation by end-user 2015-2020
- Global m-education market by post-secondary education
- Global m-education market by K-12 schools
PART 07: Geographical segmentation
- Global m-education market by geographical segmentation 2015-2020
- M-education market in Americas
- M-education market in EMEA
- M-education market in APAC
PART 08: Market growth drivers
- Growth of education apps
- Rise in adoption of tablets
- Integration of learning tools
- Government initiatives
- Emergence of virtual learning
PART 09: Impact of drivers
PART 10: Market challenges
- High cost of infrastructure
- Ineffective MDM implementation
- Issues pertaining to security and privacy
- Technical issues
PART 11: Impact of drivers and challenges
PART 12: Market trends
- Growing popularity of game-based learning
- High potential in emerging markets
- Increased demand for distance learning
- Introduction of teacher-generated content
PART 13: Vendor landscape
- Competitive scenario
- Market share analysis 2015
PART 14: Key vendor analysis
- Adobe Systems
- Wiz IQ
PART 15: Other prominent vendors
- City & Guilds
- Haiku Learning
- Saba Software
PART 16: Appendix
PART 17: Explore Technavio
List of Exhibits
- Exhibit 01: Product offerings
- Exhibit 02: M-education framework
- Exhibit 03: Global m-education market 2015-2020 ($ billions)
- Exhibit 04: Five forces analysis
- Exhibit 05: Global m-education market: Segmentation by end-user 2015
- Exhibit 06: Global m-education market: Segmentation by end-user 2020
- Exhibit 07: Global m-education market: Segmentation by end-user 2015-2020 ($ billions)
- Exhibit 08: Global m-education market: Segmentation by end-user 2015-2020
- Exhibit 09: Global m-education by higher education institutes 2015-2020 ($ billions)
- Exhibit 10: Global m-education by K-12 schools 2015-2020 ($ billions)
- Exhibit 11: Global m-education market by geographic segmentation 2015
- Exhibit 12: Global m-education market by geographic segmentation 2020
- Exhibit 13: Global m-education market by geographic segmentation 2015-2020 ($ billions)
- Exhibit 14: Global m-education market by geographic segmentation 2015-2020
- Exhibit 15: M-education market in Americas 2015-2020 ($ billions)
- Exhibit 16: M-education market in EMEA 2015-2020 ($ billions)
- Exhibit 17: M-education market in APAC 2015-2020 ($ billions)
- Exhibit 18: Global education tablet revenue 2015-2020 ($ billions)
- Exhibit 19: Impact of drivers
- Exhibit 20: Key features of Mobile device management (MDM)
- Exhibit 21: Impact of drivers and challenges
- Exhibit 22: Game-based learning market by educational institutions 2015-2019 ($ millions)
- Exhibit 23: Adobe Systems: Business segmentation by revenue 2014
- Exhibit 24: Blackboard: Business segmentation
- Exhibit 25: Wiz IQ: Product segmentation