Product Code: ATR 0031
Occupant Sensing System (OSS) Market Overview:
According to the findings by The World Bank, 1.25 million deaths are reported each year due to road accidents, with 20-50 million people being seriously injured by casualties on road. Owing to such incidents, automotive certification bodies has raised concerns regarding the safety of driver and occupants inside a vehicle, enforcing automotive manufacturers to enable mechanisms to prevent and reduce casualties. Owing to such regulations, occupant sensing system market is gaining traction and its market is valued at $721.63 million as of 2018. These systems equipped with sensors are able to detect and locate the presence and classification of occupants in a vehicle. And via automotive electronic control unit it adjusts the imperative aspects of precising the amount of deflation or inflation required by airbags in case of accidents.
Occupant Sensing System Market Outlook:
Collision detection and avoidance systems are on the radar of innovation for automotive manufacturers. With occupant sensing systems being a vital element of such mechanisms, its market is progressing with a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 7.61% during the forecast period of 2019-2025.
Automotive related fatalities are worldwide occurrences projecting occupant sensing market a sector with ample opportunities and demand. But, an analysis of the regional market business insights states APAC as the most lucrative marketplace in terms of global demand. Configured with economies such as Japan, India and China with their flourishing automotive manufacturing nucleus, APAC in 2018 occupied 34.27% share in global occupant sensing system market demand. Increasing disposable income amalgamated with purchasing power of consumers have encouraged consumers to invest in their safety and security during transit. Some factors supporting the argument-
- China secures the apex spot in terms of vehicle market and its automotive output is foreseen to reach 30 million units by 2020 and 35 million by 2025. The robustly growing automotive sector of China with manufacturing capacity of nearly 30 million units annually is a profitable marketplace for OSS to capitalize upon. In China, for automotive it is essential to clear CCC certification (China Certification Corporation) for the safety of the passenger vehicles.
- As per an analysis by India Brand Equity Foundation, Indian automotive industry managed to attract FDI worth $20.85 billion from 2000-2018. It is the 7th largest manufacturer of commercial vehicles with automotive exports growing 15.54 % during April 2018-February 2019. Domestic automobile production in FY2018 was 29.07 million. India is estimated to be the global leader in shared mobility by 2030 and leading automotive market by 2020.
European Automotive Manufacturer Association states that the number of passenger cars produced globally in 2017 was 80 million out of the 98.9 million motor vehicle produced in the same year. Thus, a majority of OSS application is consumed by the light commercial vehicle segment progressing with an application CAGR of 7.02% going through 2025.
OSS Market Trends and Growth Drivers:
- Increasing sales of premium vehicles has augmented an influx of investment in R&D. Automotive manufacturers are working towards the amalgamation of sensors with occupant's brain waves. These sensors could also give instant information to the sensors when the driver is about to make any sudden driving action like braking and turning hence making the process more efficient, precise and safe.
- The assimilation of health monitoring system in cars by evolving seat sensor technology is improving its applications for analyzing the health of the occupant. If the occupant has any sudden health issues like heart attack, panic attack, the sensors detects the occupants ailment which are linked to cloud based internet services that will spontaneously redirect the information to any healthcare or emergency facilities nearby.
- In 2017, Delphi Automotive plc, a global leader in OSS market confirmed an agreement with Great Wall Motor Co., a Chinese automotive giant for supplying occupant sensing systems along with scanners and radar for latest SUV models output by Great Wall Motor Co.
Occupant Sensing System Market Challenges:
One of the major challenge hindering the market growth is the exuberant pricing of vehicles loaded with cutting-edge technology such as OSS. However, consistent enforcement by federal authorities regarding vehicle occupant safety is forcing the automotive manufacturers to employ OSS is premium as well as budget segment, thus establishing the occupant sensing market as an imperative association.
Global OSS Market Players Perspective:
Some of the key players operating and controlling majority of the OSS market share globally are Takata Corporation, Autoliv Inc, Robert Bosch GMBH, Continental AG, Delphi Automotive Plc., Hyundai Mobis Co., Lear Corporation, ZF Friedrichshafen AG, Key Safety Systems Inc., and Volvo AB.
Occupant Sensing System (OSS) Market Research Scope:
The base year of the study is 2018, with forecast done up to 2025. The study presents a thorough analysis of the competitive landscape, taking into account the market shares of the leading companies. It also provides information on unit shipments. These provide the key market participants with the necessary business intelligence and help them understand the future of the occupant sensing system (OSS) market. The assessment includes the forecast, an overview of the competitive structure, the market shares of the competitors, as well as the market trends, market demands, market drivers, market challenges, and product analysis. The market drivers and restraints have been assessed to fathom their impact over the forecast period. This report further identifies the key opportunities for growth while also detailing the key challenges and possible threats. The key areas of focus include the various trends in occupant sensing system (OSS) market, and their specific advantages.
The Occupant Sensing System (OSS) Market report also analyzes the major geographic regions for the market as well as the major countries for the market in these regions. The regions and countries covered in the study include:
- North America: The U.S., Canada, Mexico
- South America: Brazil, Venezuela, Argentina, Ecuador, Peru, Colombia, Costa Rica
- Europe: The U.K., Germany, Italy, France, The Netherlands, Belgium, Spain, Denmark
- APAC: China, Japan, Australia, South Korea, India, Taiwan, Malaysia, Hong Kong
- Middle East and Africa: Israel, South Africa, Saudi Arabia
Key Questions Addressed in the Occupant Sensing System (OSS) Market Report
1. Is the market for the occupant sensing system (OSS) market growing? How long will it continue to grow and at what rate?
2. Which type of systems presents the major growth opportunities?
3. Is there a possibility for change in the market structure over time?
4. Are additional developments needed for the existing product or services offerings or do the existing products meet the customer demands?
5. Do the key vendors look for partnerships to expand their businesses with respect to geography or product?
6. What are the short-term, long-term, and medium-term growth drivers for the market?
7. What are the short-term, medium-term, and long-term challenges for the market?
8. What are the short-term, medium-term, and long-term opportunities for the market
9. Who are the top players/companies of the market?
10. What are the recent innovations in the market?
11. How many patents have been filed by the leading players?
12. What are the types of patents filed by the leading players?
13. What is our Vision 2030 occupant sensing system (OSS) market?
1. Occupant Sensing System (OSS) Market - Overview
- 1.1. Definitions and Scope
2. Occupant Sensing System (OSS) Market - Executive summary
- 2.1. Market Revenue, Market Size and Key Trends by Company
- 2.2. Key Trends by type of Application
- 2.3. Key Trends segmented by Geography
3. Occupant Sensing System (OSS) Market
- 3.1. Comparative analysis
- 3.1.1. Product Benchmarking - Top 10 companies
- 3.1.2. Top 5 Financials Analysis
- 3.1.3. Market Value split by Top 10 companies
- 3.1.4. Patent Analysis - Top 10 companies
- 3.1.5. Pricing Analysis
4. Occupant Sensing System (OSS) Market Forces
- 4.1. Drivers
- 4.2. Constraints
- 4.3. Challenges
- 4.4. Porters five force model
- 4.4.1. Bargaining power of suppliers
- 4.4.2. Bargaining powers of customers
- 4.4.3. Threat of new entrants
- 4.4.4. Rivalry among existing players
- 4.4.5. Threat of substitutes
5. Occupant Sensing System (OSS) Market -Strategic analysis
- 5.1. Value chain analysis
- 5.2. Opportunities analysis
- 5.3. Product life cycle
- 5.4. Suppliers and distributors Market Share
6. Occupant Sensing System (OSS) Market - By Vehicle Type (Market Size -$Million / $Billion)
- 6.1. Market Size and Market Share Analysis
- 6.2. Application Revenue and Trend Research
- 6.3. Product Segment Analysis
- 6.3.1. Passenger Vehicles
- 6.3.2. Light Commercial Vehicles
- 6.3.3. Heavy Commercial Vehicles
7. Occupant Sensing System (OSS) Market - By Mount Location (Market Size -$Million / $Billion)
- 7.1. Passenger Side OSS
- 7.2. Driver Side OSS
8. Occupant Sensing System (OSS) - By Geography (Market Size -$Million / $Billion)
- 8.1. Occupant Sensing System (OSS) Market - North America Segment Research
- 8.2. North America Market Research (Million / $Billion)
- 8.2.1. Segment type Size and Market Size Analysis
- 8.2.2. Revenue and Trends
- 8.2.3. Application Revenue and Trends by type of Application
- 8.2.4. Company Revenue and Product Analysis
- 8.2.5. North America Product type and Application Market Size
- 126.96.36.199. U.S.
- 188.8.131.52. Canada
- 184.108.40.206. Mexico
- 220.127.116.11. Rest of North America
- 8.3. Occupant Sensing System (OSS) - South America Segment Research
- 8.4. South America Market Research (Market Size -$Million / $Billion)
- 8.4.1. Segment type Size and Market Size Analysis
- 8.4.2. Revenue and Trends
- 8.4.3. Application Revenue and Trends by type of Application
- 8.4.4. Company Revenue and Product Analysis
- 8.4.5. South America Product type and Application Market Size
- 18.104.22.168. Brazil
- 22.214.171.124. Venezuela
- 126.96.36.199. Argentina
- 188.8.131.52. Ecuador
- 184.108.40.206. Peru
- 220.127.116.11. Colombia
- 18.104.22.168. Costa Rica
- 22.214.171.124. Rest of South America
- 8.5. Occupant Sensing System (OSS) - Europe Segment Research
- 8.6. Europe Market Research (Market Size -$Million / $Billion)
- 8.6.1. Segment type Size and Market Size Analysis
- 8.6.2. Revenue and Trends
- 8.6.3. Application Revenue and Trends by type of Application
- 8.6.4. Company Revenue and Product Analysis
- 8.6.5. Europe Segment Product type and Application Market Size
- 126.96.36.199. U.K
- 188.8.131.52. Germany
- 184.108.40.206. Italy
- 220.127.116.11. France
- 18.104.22.168. Netherlands
- 22.214.171.124. Belgium
- 126.96.36.199. Spain
- 188.8.131.52. Denmark
- 184.108.40.206. Rest of Europe
- 8.7. Occupant Sensing System (OSS) - APAC Segment Research
- 8.8. APAC Market Research (Market Size -$Million / $Billion)
- 8.8.1. Segment type Size and Market Size Analysis
- 8.8.2. Revenue and Trends
- 8.8.3. Application Revenue and Trends by type of Application
- 8.8.4. Company Revenue and Product Analysis
- 8.8.5. APAC Segment - Product type and Application Market Size
- 220.127.116.11. China
- 18.104.22.168. Australia
- 22.214.171.124. Japan
- 126.96.36.199. South Korea
- 188.8.131.52. India
- 184.108.40.206. Taiwan
- 220.127.116.11. Malaysia
9. Occupant Sensing System (OSS) Market - Entropy
- 9.1. New product launches
- 9.2. M&A's, collaborations, JVs and partnerships
10. Occupant Sensing System (OSS) Market Company Analysis
- 10.1. Market Share, Company Revenue, Products, M&A, Developments
- 10.2. Aptiv Plc (Ireland)
- 10.3. Calsonic Kansei Corp. (Japan)
- 10.4. Nidec-Elesys Corp (Japan)
- 10.5. IEE S.A. (Luxemborg)
- 10.6. Robert Bosch GmbH (Germany)
- 10.7. Company 6
- 10.8. Company 7
- 10.9. Company 8
- 10.10. Company 9
- 10.11. Company 10 and more
"*Financials would be provided on a best efforts basis for private companies"
11. Occupant Sensing System (OSS) Market -Appendix
- 11.1. Abbreviations
- 11.2. Sources