Product Code: SR1020B229_Report
Rice is a staple food for nearly half of the world's total population. There are generally three forms of rice, namely brown rice, white rice and parboiled rice. A new study by IMARC Group titled "Parboiled and White Rice Market - Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2021-2026" provides a detailed insight into the global parboiled and white rice market. Parboiled rice is a form of rice which is given a special pre-treatment during its manufacturing known as parboiling. Parboiled rice is easy to digest, good in taste and takes less time to cook. It also has a lower glycemic index which makes it suitable for diabetic people. White rice, on the other hand, loses most of its essential nutrients during its processing. Despite this fact, it still represents a good calorie and energy source.
According to IMARC Group, the global parboiled and white rice market reached a volume of 488.3 Million Tons in 2020. The report has segmented the global parboiled and white rice market on the basis of end-uses and major regions. On the basis of end-uses, the food industry is currently the largest consumer of rice accounting for the majority of the total global consumption. The food industry is followed by the feed sector. Region-wise, China represents the largest producer of rice accounting for nearly 30% of the total global production. China is followed by India, Indonesia, Bangladesh, Vietnam, Thailand, Myanmar, Philippines, Brazil, Japan and the United States. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the global parboiled and white rice market to exhibit stable growth during the next five years.
This report provides a comprehensive analysis for setting up a parboiled and white rice manufacturing plant. The study covers all the requisite aspects of the parboiled and white rice industry and provides an in-depth analysis of the market, industry performance, processing and manufacturing requirements, project cost, project funding, project economics, expected returns on investment, profit margins, etc. This report is a must-read for entrepreneurs, investors, researchers, consultants, business strategists, and all those who are planning to foray into the parboiled and white rice industry in any manner.
Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- How has the global rice market performed so far and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What are the key regional markets in the global rice industry?
- Which are the key end-use industries for rice?
- What are the price trends of rice?
- How has the parboiled and white rice market performed so far and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What has been the impact of COVID-19 on the parboiled and white rice market?
- How has the myanmar rice market performed so far and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What are the various stages in the value chain of the rice industry?
- What are the key driving factors and challenges in the rice industry?
- What is the structure of the rice industry and who are the key players?
- What is the degree of competition in the rice industry?
- What are the profit margins in the rice industry?
- What are the key requirements for setting up a rice parboiled and white rice plant?
- How is parboiled and white rice manufactured?
- What are the various unit operations involved in a parboiled and white rice plant?
- What is the total size of land required for setting up a parboiled and white rice plant?
- What are the machinery requirements for setting up a parboiled and white rice plant?
- What are the raw material requirements for setting up a parboiled and white rice plant?
- What are the packaging requirements for parboiled and white rice?
- What are the transportation requirements for parboiled and white rice?
- What are the utility requirements for setting up a parboiled and white rice plant?
- What are the manpower requirements for setting up a parboiled and white rice plant?
- What are the infrastructure costs for setting up a parboiled and white rice plant?
- What are the capital costs for setting up a parboiled and white rice plant?
- What are the operating costs for setting up a parboiled and white rice plant?
- What will be the income and expenditures for a parboiled and white rice plant?
- What is the time required to break-even?
Table of Contents
2 Scope and Methodology
- 2.1 Objectives of the Study
- 2.2 Stakeholders
- 2.3 Data Sources
- 2.3.1 Primary Sources
- 2.3.2 Secondary Sources
- 2.4 Market Estimation
- 2.4.1 Bottom-Up Approach
- 2.4.2 Top-Down Approach
- 2.5 Forecasting Methodology
3 Executive Summary
- 4.1 Overview
- 4.2 Key Industry Trends
5 Global Rice, Parboiled Rice and White Rice Industry
- 5.1 Global Rice Industry
- 5.1.1 Market Overview
- 5.1.2 Market Performance
- 5.1.3 Impact of COVID-19
- 5.1.4 Market Breakup by Region
- 220.127.116.11 China
- 18.104.22.168 India
- 22.214.171.124 Indonesia
- 126.96.36.199 Bangladesh
- 188.8.131.52 Vietnam
- 184.108.40.206 Others
- 5.1.5 Market Breakup by End Use
- 220.127.116.11 Food Use
- 18.104.22.168 Feed Use
- 5.1.6 Imports and Exports
- 5.1.7 Market Forecast
- 5.2 Global Parboiled Rice and White Rice Industry
- 5.2.1 Market Overview
- 5.2.2 Market Performance
- 22.214.171.124 Parboiled Rice Consumption
- 126.96.36.199 White Rice Consumption
- 5.2.3 Imports and Exports
- 5.2.4 Market Forecast
- 5.3 SWOT Analysis
- 5.3.1 Overview
- 5.3.2 Strengths
- 5.3.3 Weaknesses
- 5.3.4 Opportunities
- 5.3.5 Threats
- 5.4 Value Chain Analysis
- 5.5 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
- 5.5.1 Overview
- 5.5.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers
- 5.5.3 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
- 5.5.4 Degree of Competition
- 5.5.5 Threat of New Entrants
- 5.5.6 Threat of Substitutes
- 5.6 Key Market Drivers and Success Factors
6 Myanmar Rice Industry
- 6.1 Market Overview
- 6.2 Market Performance
- 6.2.1 Rice Production
- 6.2.2 Rice Consumption
- 6.3 Value Chain Analysis
- 6.4 Market Forecast
7 Competitive Structure
8 Parboiled and White Rice Manufacturing Process
- 8.1 Parboiled Rice
- 8.1.1 Product Overview
- 8.1.2 Detailed Process Flow
- 8.1.3 Various Types of Unit Operations Involved
- 8.1.4 Mass Balance and Raw Material Requirements
- 8.2 White Rice
- 8.2.1 Product Overview
- 8.2.2 Detailed Process Flow
- 8.2.3 Various Types of Unit Operations Involved
- 8.2.4 Mass Balance and Raw Material Requirements
9 Project Details, Requirements and Costs Involved
- 9.1 Land Requirements and Expenditures
- 9.2 Construction Requirements and Expenditures
- 9.3 Plant Layout
- 9.4 Plant Machinery
- 9.5 Machinery Pictures
- 9.6 Raw Material Requirements and Expenditures
- 9.7 Raw Material and Final Product Pictures
- 9.8 Packaging Requirements and Expenditures
- 9.9 Transportation Requirements and Expenditures
- 9.10 Utility Requirements and Expenditures
- 9.11 Manpower Requirements and Expenditures
- 9.12 Other Capital Investments
10 Loans and Financial Assistance
11 Project Economics
- 11.1 Capital Cost of the Project
- 11.2 Techno-Economic Parameters
- 11.3 Product Pricing and Margins Across Various Levels of the Supply Chain
- 11.4 Taxation and Depreciation
- 11.5 Income Projections
- 11.6 Expenditure Projections
- 11.7 Financial Analysis
- 11.8 Profit Analysis