Product Code: SR1020A141_Report
The global corn starch market reached a volume of 78.8 Million Tons in 2020. Corn starch is a white, tasteless and odorless powder extracted from the white endosperm present in the middle of a corn kernel. It is gluten-free and considered an excellent alternative to flour thickeners in marinade, stew, sauce, gravy, glaze and soup recipes. It is widely utilized in the food and beverage (F&B) industry to coat fruits in pies, tarts and other desserts to add texture. It also finds applications in coating paper, producing boxboard and insulating material board. Other than this, it is employed in the pharmaceutical industry as a disintegrant and binder in tablets, emulsions and ointments.
A significant rise in the utilization of corn starch as a thickening agent in various cuisines, along with the escalating demand for processed food products, represents one of the key factors bolstering the market growth. It is also utilized as an anti-caking agent wherein a thin layer of cornstarch is dusted to prevent shredded cheese from clumping in the package. Furthermore, it finds extensive applications in the textile industry to provide stiffness and add weight to clothes. It is also applied as an absorbent in several cosmetic products around the world. Apart from this, compostable and thermal insulation made using cornstarch-based foam is considered ideal for shipping temperature-sensitive products. Apart from this, with rising environmental concerns, bioplastics derived from corn starch are gaining traction over fossil fuel plastics. This, in confluence with the rising demand for oral pharmaceutical products on account of the growing prevalence of diseases and increasing access to healthcare facilities, is anticipated to drive the market in the coming years. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the global corn starch market to exhibit moderate growth during the next five years.
Breakup by Category:
- Native Starch
- Modified Starch
- Sweeteners currently hold the majority of the total market share.
Breakup by Application:
- Food and Beverages
- Animal Feed
- Pharmaceuticals and Chemicals
- Paper and Corrugates
- The food and beverages (F&B) sector accounts for the majority of the global market share.
- United States
- European Union
- The United States enjoys the leading position in the market.
The competitive landscape of the market has been analyzed in the report, along with the detailed profiles of the major players operating in the industry. Some of these players are:
- Cargill, Incorporated
- Archer Daniels Midland (ADM) Company
- Ingredion Incorporated
- Roquette Freres S.A
- Tate & Lyle PLC
Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- How has the global corn starch market performed so far and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What is the breakup of the global corn starch market on the basis of region?
- What has been the impact of COVID-19 on the global corn starch market?
- What is the breakup of the global corn starch market on the basis of category?
- What is the breakup of the global corn starch market on the basis of application?
- What is the structure of the corn starch industry and who are the key players?
- What are the various unit operations involved in a corn starch manufacturing plant?
- What is the total size of land required for setting up a corn starch manufacturing plant?
- What are the machinery requirements for setting up a corn starch manufacturing plant?
- What are the raw material requirements for setting up a corn starch manufacturing plant?
- What are the utility requirements for setting up a corn starch manufacturing plant?
- What are the manpower requirements for setting up a corn starch manufacturing plant?
- What are the infrastructure costs for setting up a corn starch manufacturing plant?
- What are the capital costs for setting up a corn starch manufacturing plant?
- What are the operating costs for setting up a corn starch manufacturing plant?
- What should be the pricing mechanism of corn starch?
- What will be the income and expenditures for a corn starch manufacturing plant?
- What is the time required to break-even?
Table of Contents
2 Scope and Methodology
- 2.1 Objectives of the Study
- 2.2 Stakeholders
- 2.3 Data Sources
- 2.3.1 Primary Sources
- 2.3.2 Secondary Sources
- 2.4 Market Estimation
- 2.4.1 Bottom-Up Approach
- 2.4.2 Top-Down Approach
- 2.5 Forecasting Methodology
3 Executive Summary
- 4.1 Overview
- 4.2 Key Industry Trends
5 Global Corn Industry
- 5.1 Market Overview
- 5.2 Market Performance
- 5.3 Market Breakup by Region
- 5.4 Starch Market Breakup by Feedstock
- 5.5 Market Breakup by Application
- 5.6 Market Forecast
6 Global Corn Starch Market
- 6.1 Market Overview
- 6.2 Market Performance
- 6.2.1 Volume Trends
- 6.2.2 Value Trends
- 6.3 Impact of COVID-19
- 6.4 Price Analysis
- 6.4.1 Key Price Indicators
- 6.4.2 Price Structure
- 6.4.3 Price Trends
- 6.5 Market Breakup by Category
- 6.6 Market Breakup by Application
- 6.7 Market Breakup by Region
- 6.8 Market Forecast
- 6.9 SWOT Analysis
- 6.9.1 Overview
- 6.9.2 Strengths
- 6.9.3 Weaknesses
- 6.9.4 Opportunities
- 6.9.5 Threats
- 6.10 Value Chain Analysis
- 6.10.1 Raw Material Procurement
- 6.10.2 Manufacturing
- 6.10.3 Marketing
- 6.10.4 Distribution
- 6.10.5 Export
- 6.10.6 End-Use
- 6.11 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
- 6.11.1 Overview
- 6.11.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers
- 6.11.3 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
- 6.11.4 Degree of Competition
- 6.11.5 Threat of New Entrants
- 6.11.6 Threat of Substitutes
- 6.12 Key Market Drivers and Success Factors
7 Market Breakup by Category
- 7.1 Native Starch
- 7.1.1 Market Trends
- 7.1.2 Market Forecast
- 7.2 Modified Starch
- 7.2.1 Market Trends
- 7.2.2 Market Forecast
- 7.3 Sweeteners
- 7.3.1 Market Trends
- 7.3.2 Market Forecast
8 Market Breakup by Application
- 8.1 Food & Beverages
- 8.1.1 Market Trends
- 8.1.2 Market Forecast
- 8.2 Animal Feed
- 8.2.1 Market Trends
- 8.2.2 Market Forecast
- 8.3 Pharmaceuticals & Chemicals
- 8.3.1 Market Trends
- 8.3.2 Market Forecast
- 8.4 Textile
- 8.4.1 Market Trends
- 8.4.2 Market Forecast
- 8.5 Paper & Corrugates
- 8.5.1 Market Trends
- 8.5.2 Market Forecast
- 8.6 Others
- 8.6.1 Market Trends
- 8.6.2 Market Forecast
9 Market Breakup by Region
- 9.1 United States
- 9.1.1 Market Trends
- 9.1.2 Market Forecast
- 9.2 China
- 9.2.1 Market Trends
- 9.2.2 Market Forecast
- 9.3 European Union
- 9.3.1 Market Trends
- 9.3.2 Market Forecast
- 9.4 Others
- 9.4.1 Market Trends
- 9.4.2 Market Forecast
10 Competitive Landscape
- 10.1 Market Structure
- 10.2 Market Breakup by Key Players
11 Corn Starch Manufacturing Process
- 11.1 Product Overview
- 11.2 Detailed Process Flow
- 11.3 Various Types of Unit Operations Involved
- 11.4 Mass Balance and Raw Material Requirements
12 Project Details, Requirements and Costs Involved
- 12.1 Land Requirements and Expenditures
- 12.2 Construction Requirements and Expenditures
- 12.3 Plant Machinery
- 12.4 Machinery Pictures
- 12.5 Raw Material Requirements and Expenditures
- 12.6 Raw Material and Final Product Pictures
- 12.7 Packaging Requirements and Expenditures
- 12.8 Transportation Requirements and Expenditures
- 12.9 Utility Requirements and Expenditures
- 12.10 Manpower Requirements and Expenditures
- 12.11 Other Capital Investments
13 Loans and Financial Assistance
14 Project Economics
- 14.1 Capital Cost of the Project
- 14.2 Techno-Economic Parameters
- 14.3 Product Pricing and Margins Across Various Levels of the Supply Chain
- 14.4 Taxation and Depreciation
- 14.5 Income Projections
- 14.6 Expenditure Projections
- 14.7 Financial Analysis
- 14.8 Profit Analysis
15 Key Player Profiles
- 15.1 Cargill, Incorporated
- 15.2 Archer Daniels Midland (ADM) Company
- 15.3 Ingredion Incorporated
- 15.4 Roquette Freres S.A
- 15.5 Tate & Lyle PLC