Product Code: SR1020A125_Report
The global ceiling tiles market reached a value of US$ 6.2 Billion in 2020. Ceiling tiles, also known as ceiling panels, refer to lightweight construction materials which are used to enhance the overall aesthetics of a room or space. They can be utilized for numerous ceiling types which include shed, tray, coved, domed, vaulted, decorative, cathedral and suspended. They are manufactured from materials like clay, metal, gypsum, recycled paper and natural starch. Some of the advantages associated with these tiles include durability, low-maintenance, fire-resistance, thermal insulation, absorption of sound and reflection of natural light. As a result, they are widely used in the construction and renovation of offices, schools, cafeterias, hospitals, stores, hotels and airports.
- Driven by the revival of the construction industry, both the developed and developing regions are witnessing an increase in the construction of residential, commercial and industrial buildings which, in turn, is strengthening the growth of the ceiling tiles market. Apart from this, due to the growing western influence, consumers are now seeking affordable false ceiling options that offer stylish and luxurious interiors. Further, technological advancements have also enabled manufacturers to simplify the installation process which guarantees perfect alignment as well as optimum finished look to end-consumers. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the global ceiling tiles market to exhibit moderate growth during the next five years.
Breakup by Product Type:
- Mineral Wool
- Mineral wool ceiling tiles currently account for the majority of the total market share. As they offer numerous advantages like sound insulation, durability, resistance to fire and light reflectance, they are extensively used in the construction of offices, hospitals and retail stores.
Breakup by Application:
- Non-Residential Applications
- Residential Applications
- Amongst these, ceiling tiles are mostly used in the non-residential sector while constructing or renovating cafeterias, hospitals, restaurants and hotels.
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
- North America enjoys the leading position in the market on account of technological advancements and stringent regulations regarding VOC emissions from building materials prevailing in the region.
The competitive landscape of the market has been analyzed in the report along with detailed profiles of the major players operating in the industry. Some of these include:
- SAS International
- USG Corporation
- Odenwald Faserplattenwerk GmbH
Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- How has the global ceiling tiles market performed so far and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What are the key regional markets in the global ceiling tiles industry?
- What has been the impact of COVID-19 on the global ceiling tiles industry?
- What are the major applications in the global ceiling tiles industry?
- What are the popular product types in the global ceiling tiles industry?
- What are the various stages in the value chain of the global ceiling tiles industry?
- What are the key driving factors and challenges in the global ceiling tiles industry?
- What is the structure of the global ceiling tiles industry and who are the key players?
- What is the degree of competition in the global ceiling tiles industry?
- What are the profit margins in the global ceiling tiles industry?
- What are the key requirements for setting up a ceiling tiles manufacturing plant?
- How are ceiling tiles manufactured?
- What are the various unit operations involved in a ceiling tiles manufacturing plant?
- What is the total size of land required for setting up a ceiling tiles manufacturing plant?
- What are the machinery requirements for setting up a ceiling tiles manufacturing plant?
- What are the raw material requirements for setting up a ceiling tiles manufacturing plant?
- What are the packaging requirements for ceiling tiles?
- What are the transportation requirements for ceiling tiles?
- What are the utility requirements for setting up a ceiling tiles manufacturing plant?
- What are the manpower requirements for setting up a ceiling tiles manufacturing plant?
- What are the infrastructure costs for setting up a ceiling tiles manufacturing plant?
- What are the capital costs for setting up a ceiling tiles manufacturing plant?
- What are the operating costs for setting up a ceiling tiles manufacturing plant?
- What will be the income and expenditures for a ceiling tiles manufacturing plant?
- What is the time required to break-even?
Table of Contents
2 Scope and Methodology
- 2.1 Objectives of the Study
- 2.2 Stakeholders
- 2.3 Data Sources
- 2.3.1 Primary Sources
- 2.3.2 Secondary Sources
- 2.4 Market Estimation
- 2.4.1 Bottom-Up Approach
- 2.4.2 Top-Down Approach
- 2.5 Forecasting Methodology
3 Executive Summary
- 4.1 Overview
- 4.2 Key Industry Trends
5 Global Ceiling Tiles Industry
- 5.1 Overview
- 5.2 Market Performance
- 5.3 Impact of COVID-19
- 5.4 Market Breakup by Region
- 5.5 Market Breakup by Type
- 5.6 Market Breakup by Application
- 5.7 Market Forecast
- 5.8 SWOT Analysis
- 5.8.1 Overview
- 5.8.2 Strengths
- 5.8.3 Weaknesses
- 5.8.4 Opportunities
- 5.8.5 Threats
- 5.9 Value Chain Analysis
- 5.9.1 Overview
- 5.9.2 Mining/Quarrying
- 5.9.3 Pre-Processing of Raw Materials
- 5.9.4 Manufacturing
- 5.9.5 Marketing and Distribution
- 5.9.6 Retailers/Exporters
- 5.9.7 End-Users
- 5.10 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
- 5.10.1 Overview
- 5.10.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers
- 5.10.3 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
- 5.10.4 Degree of Rivalry
- 5.10.5 Threat of New Entrants
- 5.10.6 Threat of Substitutes
- 5.11 Price Analysis
- 5.11.1 Key Price Indicators
- 5.11.2 Price Structure
- 5.11.3 Margin Analysis
- 5.12 Key Market Drivers and Success Factors
6 Market Performance by Region
- 6.1 North America
- 6.1.1 Market Trends
- 6.1.2 Market Forecast
- 6.2 Europe
- 6.2.1 Market Trends
- 6.2.2 Market Forecast
- 6.3 Asia Pacific
- 6.3.1 Market Trends
- 6.3.2 Market Forecast
- 6.4 Latin America
- 6.4.1 Market Trends
- 6.4.2 Market Forecast
- 6.5 Middle East and Africa
- 6.5.1 Market Trends
- 6.5.2 Market Forecast
7 Market Performance by Product Type
- 7.1 Mineral Wool Ceiling Tiles
- 7.1.1 Market Trends
- 7.1.2 Market Forecast
- 7.2 Gypsum Ceiling Tiles
- 7.2.1 Market Trends
- 7.2.2 Market Forecast
- 7.3 Metallic Ceiling Tiles
- 7.3.1 Market Trends
- 7.3.2 Market Forecast
- 7.4 Others
- 7.4.1 Market Trends
- 7.4.2 Market Forecast
8 Market Performance by Application
- 8.1 Non-Residential Applications
- 8.1.1 Market Trends
- 8.1.2 Market Forecast
- 8.2 Residential Applications
- 8.2.1 Market Trends
- 8.2.2 Market Forecast
9 Competitive Landscape
- 9.1 Market Structure
- 9.2 Key Players
10 Ceiling Tile Manufacturing Process
- 10.1 Product Overview
- 10.2 Detailed Process Flow
- 10.3 Various Types of Unit Operations Involved
- 10.4 Mass Balance and Raw Material Requirements
- 10.5 Major Machinery Pictures
11 Ceiling Tile Manufacturing Plant: Project Details, Requirements and Costs Involved
- 11.1 Land Requirements and Expenditures
- 11.2 Construction Requirements and Expenditures
- 11.3 Plant Layout
- 11.4 Plant Machinery
- 11.5 Raw Material Requirements and Expenditures
- 11.6 Packaging Requirements and Expenditures
- 11.7 Transportation Requirements and Expenditures
- 11.8 Utilities Requirements and Expenditures
- 11.9 Manpower Requirements and Expenditures
- 11.10 Other Capital Investments
12 Loans and Financial Assistance
13 Ceiling Tile Manufacturing Plant: Project Economics
- 13.1 Capital Cost of the Project
- 13.2 Techno-Economic Parameters
- 13.3 Product Pricing and Margins Across Various Levels of the Supply Chain
- 13.4 Income Projections
- 13.5 Expenditure Projections
- 13.6 Taxation and Depreciation
- 13.7 Financial Analysis
- 13.8 Profit Analysis
14 Key Player Profiles
- 14.1 SAS International
- 14.2 ROCKFON
- 14.3 USG Corporation
- 14.4 Knauf
- 14.5 Odenwald Faserplattenwerk GmbH