Product Code: SR1020A102_Report
The global banana powder market reached a value of US$ 990.6 Million in 2020. Bananas represent the world's most consumed fresh fruit and the fourth most important food crop in terms of the gross value of production. Unlike raw bananas, banana powder has a shelf-life of almost two years when stored in a cold storage facility in the absence of oxygen. It finds applications in various industries ranging from cosmetics and food to pharmaceutical and feed industries, which has encouraged its production across the globe.
Banana powder helps to strengthen bones, improve digestion, nutrition absorption and vision, prevent dehydration, regulate blood pressure and relax muscles. In addition, it is highly convenient to use, which leads to low to no product wastage and residue after usage. Moreover, as it restores all the essential nutrients and properties of the raw fruit, it is employed in various recipes in place of bananas. It also helps in increasing the shelf life and utilization of bananas and reduces post-harvesting losses. Apart from this, clinical trials are being conducted to establish the usage of banana powder in the pharmaceutical industry. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the global banana powder market to grow at a CAGR of 7.60% during 2021-2026.
Breakup by End Use:
- Food Industry
- Feed Industry
- Based on the end use, the report finds that the food industry represents the largest segment as banana powder is widely used in the food industry to prepare infant, puffed and cold/frozen food products, seasonings, solid beverages and cakes.
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- South America
- Middle East and Africa
- Region-wise, North America enjoys the leading position in the market. As the climatic conditions are not favorable and the local production does not meet the domestic demand, the region imports large quantities of bananas from South American countries to produce banana powder.
The market is highly fragmented with the presence of a large number of small and large players who compete in terms of prices and quality. Some of the leading players operating in the market are:
- Chiquita Brands International Sarl
- Fresh Del Monte Produce Inc.
- Dole Food Company, Inc.
- Fyffes plc
- Grupo Noboa S.A.
Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- How has the global banana market performed so far and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What are key regions for the global banana powder industry?
- What has been the impact of COVID-19 on the global banana powder industry?
- How has the global banana powder market performed so far and how will it perform in the coming years?
- Which are the key end use industries for banana powder?
- What are the price trends of banana powder?
- What are the various stages in the value chain of the banana powder industry?
- What are the key driving factors and challenges in the banana powder industry?
- What is the structure of the banana powder industry and who are the key players?
- What is the degree of competition in the banana powder industry?
- What are the profit margins in the banana powder industry?
- What are the key requirements for setting up a banana powder manufacturing plant?
- How is banana powder manufactured?
- What are the various unit operations involved in a banana powder manufacturing plant?
- What is the total size of land required for setting up a banana powder manufacturing plant?
- What are the machinery requirements for setting up a banana powder manufacturing plant?
- What are the raw material requirements for setting up a banana powder manufacturing plant?
- What are the packaging requirements for banana powder?
- What are the transportation requirements for banana powder?
- What are the utility requirements for setting up a banana powder manufacturing plant?
- What are the manpower requirements for setting up a banana powder manufacturing plant?
- What are the infrastructure costs for setting up a banana powder manufacturing plant?
- What are the capital costs for setting up a banana powder manufacturing plant?
- What will be the income and expenditures for a banana powder manufacturing plant?
- What is the time required to break-even?
Table of Contents
2 Scope and Methodology
- 2.1 Objectives of the Study
- 2.2 Stakeholders
- 2.3 Data Sources
- 2.3.1 Primary Sources
- 2.3.2 Secondary Sources
- 2.4 Market Estimation
- 2.4.1 Bottom-Up Approach
- 2.4.2 Top-Down Approach
- 2.5 Forecasting Methodology
3 Executive Summary
- 4.1 Overview
- 4.2 Key Industry Trends
5 Global Banana Industry
- 5.1 Market Overview
- 5.2 Market Performance
- 5.2.1 Production Volume Trends
- 5.2.2 Production Value Trends
- 5.3 Price Trends
- 5.4 Market Breakup by Region
- 5.5 Market Forecast
6 Global Banana Powder Industry
- 6.1 Market Overview
- 6.2 Market Performance
- 6.2.1 Volume Trends
- 6.2.2 Value Trends
- 6.3 Impact of COVID-19
- 6.4 Price Analysis
- 6.4.1 Key Price Indicators
- 6.4.2 Price Structure
- 6.4.3 Price Trends
- 6.5 Market Breakup by End Use
- 6.6 Market Forecast
- 6.7 SWOT Analysis
- 6.7.1 Overview
- 6.7.2 Strengths
- 6.7.3 Weaknesses
- 6.7.4 Opportunities
- 6.7.5 Threats
- 6.8 Value Chain Analysis
- 6.8.1 Input Suppliers
- 6.8.2 Farmers
- 6.8.3 Collectors
- 6.8.4 Processors
- 6.8.5 Distributors
- 6.8.6 Exporters
- 6.8.8 Retailers
- 6.8.8 End-Users
- 6.9 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
- 6.9.1 Overview
- 6.9.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers
- 6.9.3 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
- 6.9.4 Degree of Competition
- 6.9.5 Threat of New Entrants
- 6.9.6 Threat of Substitutes
- 6.10 Key Market Drivers and Success Factors
7 Performance of Key Regions
- 7.1 North America
- 7.1.1 Market Trends
- 7.1.2 Market Forecast
- 7.2 Asia Pacific
- 7.2.1 Market Trends
- 7.2.2 Market Forecast
- 7.3 Europe
- 7.3.1 Market Trends
- 7.3.2 Market Forecast
- 7.4 South America
- 7.4.1 Market Trends
- 7.4.2 Market Forecast
- 7.5 Middle East and Africa
- 7.5.1 Market Trends
- 7.5.2 Market Forecast
8 Market by End Use
- 8.1 Food Industry
- 8.1.1 Market Trends
- 8.1.2 Market Forecast
- 8.2 Feed Industry
- 8.2.1 Market Trends
- 8.2.2 Market Forecast
- 8.3 Others
- 8.3.1 Market Trends
- 8.3.2 Market Forecast
9 Competitive Landscape
- 9.1 Competitive Structure
- 9.2 Market Breakup by Key Players
10 Banana Powder Manufacturing Process
- 10.1 Product Overview
- 10.2 Detailed Process Flow
- 10.3 Various Types of Unit Operations Involved
- 10.4 Mass Balance and Raw Material Requirements
11 Project Details, Requirements and Costs Involved
- 11.1 Land Requirements and Expenditures
- 11.2 Construction Requirements and Expenditures
- 11.3 Plant Layout
- 11.4 Plant Machinery
- 11.5 Machinery Pictures
- 11.6 Raw Material Requirements and Expenditures
- 11.7 Raw Material and Final Product Pictures
- 11.8 Packaging Requirements and Expenditures
- 11.9 Transportation Requirements and Expenditures
- 11.10 Utility Requirements and Expenditures
- 11.11 Manpower Requirements and Expenditures
- 11.12 Other Capital Investments
12 Loans and Financial Assistance
13 Project Economics
- 13.1 Capital Cost of the Project
- 13.2 Techno-Economic Parameters
- 13.3 Product Pricing and Margins Across Various Levels of the Supply Chain
- 13.4 Taxation and Depreciation
- 13.5 Income Projections
- 13.6 Expenditure Projections
- 13.7 Financial Analysis
- 13.8 Profit Analysis