Product Code: SR1018F70_Report
The global casein and caseinates market reached a value of around US$ 2.6 Billion in 2017. The market value is further expected to reach a figure of around US$ 3.9 Billion by 2023, exhibiting a CAGR of 7.1% during 2018-2023. Casein is a type of protein found in milk and offers a wide array of amino acids. It is a gelatinous material and is absorbed by the human body in a different way compared to whey protein. The amino acids produced by it prevents the protein breakdown. It acts slowly but for a longer period of time. Milk produced by all the mammals including cow, goat, yak, buffalo, sheep, human, etc. contains casein. Caseinates are the soluble salts of acid casein. They are extremely functional and versatile proteins with multiple applications. Caseinates are suitable for a wide range of uses such as functional foods and drinks, food bars, bakery items, cheese, sauces, etc.
Global casein and caseinates market drivers:
- Casein is a great source of all essential amino acids required for the healthy growth of the body. It is low in calories and has extremely low amount of fat content.
- Casein is slow-digesting and helps in speeding up the metabolic rate. It also supplies all the necessary amino acids to build the muscles stronger and improves teeth health as well.
- Casein and Caseinates are widely used in functional foods and beverages, baby food, infant formula, sports nutrition products, etc. Their application in these industries is largely attributed to their high texturing capacity, melting properties, good emulsification and water absorption capacity.
- Many derivatives of casein and caseinates are used for clinical purposes. As they help in providing essential nutrients. Hydrolysed casein is also used for clinical applications because of its solubility and enzymatic digestion.
- Casein is fast-drying, water soluble and has adhesive properties. Due to this, casein has applications in various industries such as adhesives, paper and cardboard coating, plastics, paints, leather tanning, etc.
- Unlike some of the other dairy products, the shelf life of casein and caseinates is high. A typical casein powder can last for months and retains its properties until it is mixed with water. Moreover, as a result of their higher shelf life and availability in powdered state, casein and caseinates can be easily transported from one place to another.
- Based on the product type, the market has been segmented as casein and caseinates. Casein has been further divided into rennet casein and acid casein. Caseinates have also been further divided into calcium caseinates, sodium caseinates and speciality caseinates.
- On the basis of function, the global casein and caseinates market has been segmented into emulsification, stabilizing, foaming, rheology agents and viscosity enhancers.
- Based on the application, the market has been segmented into food applications and non-food applications. Currently, food applications dominate the market, holding the largest share.
- Region-wise, the market has been segmented into Europe, North America, Asia Pacific, Middle East and Africa, and Latin America. Amongst these, Europe is the biggest market, accounting for the majority of the global share.
- The competitive landscape of the market has also been examined with some of the key players being Amco Proteins, Arla Foods AMBA, Armor Proteins, Bhole Baba Dairy Industries Ltd, Charotar Casein Company, Clarion Casein Ltd., Dilac SA, DE CV, EPI Ingredients, Erie Foods international Inc., Fonterra, FrieslandCampina, Glanbia, Plc., Kerry Ingredients, Kerui Dairy Products Development Co., Ltd., Lactoprot, Tatua Co-Operative Dairy Company Ltd., Venus Casein Products and Westland Milk Products.
- This report provides a deep insight into the global casein and caseinates market covering all its essential aspects. This ranges from macro overview of the market to micro details of the industry performance, recent trends, key market drivers and challenges, SWOT analysis, Porter's five forces analysis, value chain analysis, etc. This report is a must-read for entrepreneurs, investors, researchers, consultants, business strategists, and all those who have any kind of stake or are planning to foray into the casein and caseinates market in any manner.
Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- How has the global casein and caseinates market performed so far and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What are the key regional markets in the global casein and caseinates industry?
- What are the key product types in the global casein and caseinates industry?
- What is the breakup of the global casein and caseinates market on the basis of function?
- What are the major application segments in the global casein and caseinates industry?
- What are the price trends of casein and caseinates?
- What are the various stages in the value chain of the global casein and caseinates market?
- What are the key driving factors and challenges in the global casein and caseinates market?
- What are the import and export trends of the global casein and caseinates market?
- What is the structure of the global casein and caseinates market and who are the key players?
- What is the degree of competition in the global casein and caseinates market?
Table of Contents
2. Scope and Methodology
- 2.1. Objectives of the Study
- 2.2. Stakeholders
- 2.3. Data Sources
- 2.3.1. Primary Sources
- 2.3.2. Secondary Sources
- 2.4. Market Estimation
- 2.4.1. Bottom-Up Approach
- 2.4.2. Top-Down Approach
- 2.5. Forecasting Methodology
3. Executive Summary
- 4.1. Overview
- 4.2. Key Industry Trends
5. Global Casein and Caseinates Market
- 5.1. Market Overview
- 5.2. Market Performance
- 5.3. Market Breakup by Product Type
- 5.4. Market Breakup by Function
- 5.5. Market Breakup by Application
- 5.6. Market Breakup by Region
- 5.7. Market Forecast
- 5.8. SWOT Analysis
- 5.8.1. Overview
- 5.8.2. Strengths
- 5.8.3. Weaknesses
- 5.8.4. Opportunities
- 5.8.5. Threats
- 5.9. Value Chain Analysis
- 5.9.1. Overview
- 5.9.2. Raw Material Procurement
- 5.9.3. Manufacturing
- 5.9.4. Marketing
- 5.9.5. Distribution
- 5.9.6. Exports
- 5.9.7. End-User
- 5.10. Porters Five Forces Analysis
- 5.10.1. Overview
- 5.10.2. Bargaining Power of Buyers
- 5.10.3. Bargaining Power of Suppliers
- 5.10.4. Degree of Competition
- 5.10.5. Threat of New Entrants
- 5.10.6. Threat of Substitutes
- 5.11. Price Analysis
- 5.11.1. Price Indicators
- 5.11.2. Price Structure
- 5.11.3. Price Trends
6. Market Breakup by Product Type
- 6.1. Casein
- 6.1.1. Market Performance
- 6.1.2. Market Breakup by Type
- 126.96.36.199. Rennet Casein
- 188.8.131.52. Acid Casein
- 6.1.3. Market Forecast
- 6.2. Caseinates
- 6.2.1. Market Performance
- 6.2.2. Market Breakup by Type
- 184.108.40.206. Sodium Caseinates
- 220.127.116.11. Calcium Caseinates
- 18.104.22.168. Speciality Caseinates
- 6.2.3. Market Forecast
7. Market Breakup by Function
- 7.1. Emulsification
- 7.1.1. Market Trends
- 7.1.2. Market Forecast
- 7.2. Stabilizing
- 7.2.1. Market Trends
- 7.2.2. Market Forecast
- 7.3. Foaming
- 7.3.1. Market Trends
- 7.3.2. Market Forecast
- 7.4. Rheology Agents
- 7.4.1. Market Trends
- 7.4.2. Market Forecast
- 7.5. Viscosity Enhancers
- 7.5.1. Market Trends
- 7.5.2. Market Forecast
8. Market Breakup by Application
- 8.1. Food Applications
- 8.1.1. Market Trends
- 8.1.2. Market Forecast
- 8.2. Non-Food Applications
- 8.2.1. Market Trends
- 8.2.2. Market Forecast
9. Market Breakup by Region
- 9.1. Europe
- 9.1.1. Market Trends
- 9.1.2. Market Forecast
- 9.2. North America
- 9.2.1. Market Trends
- 9.2.2. Market Forecast
- 9.3. Asia Pacific
- 9.3.1. Market Trends
- 9.3.2. Market Forecast
- 9.4. Middle East and Africa
- 9.4.1. Market Trends
- 9.4.2. Market Forecast
- 9.5. Latin America
- 9.5.1. Market Trends
- 9.5.2. Market Forecast
10. Imports and Exports
- 10.1. Imports by Major Countries
- 10.2. Exports by Major Countries
11. Manufacturing Process
- 11.1. Product Overview
- 11.2. Raw Material Requirements
- 11.3. Manufacturing Process
- 11.4. Key Success and Risk Factors
12. Competitive Landscape
- 12.1. Market Structure
- 12.2. Key Players
- 12.3. Profiles of Key Players
- 12.3.1. Amco Proteins (U.S.)
- 12.3.2. Arla Foods AMBA (Denmark)
- 12.3.3. Armor Proteins (U.S.)
- 12.3.4. Bhole Baba Dairy Industries Ltd (India)
- 12.3.5. Charotar Casein Company (India)
- 12.3.6. Clarion Casein Ltd. (India)
- 12.3.7. Dilac SA, DE CV (Mexico)
- 12.3.8. EPI Ingredients (France)
- 12.3.9. Erie Foods international Inc. (U.S.)
- 12.3.10. Fonterra (New Zealand)
- 12.3.11. FrieslandCampina (The Netherlands)
- 12.3.12. Glanbia, Plc. (Ireland)
- 12.3.13. Kerry Ingredients (Ireland)
- 12.3.14. Kerui Dairy Products Development Co., Ltd.
- 12.3.15. Lactoprot (Germany)
- 12.3.16. Tatua Co-Operative Dairy Company Ltd. (New Zealand)
- 12.3.17. Venus Casein Products (India)
- 12.3.18. Westland Milk Products (New Zealand)