Product Code: SR1018E36_Report
Organic dairy products are derived from livestock raised through organic feed and without the use of synthetic fertilizers and pesticides. As a result, organic dairy products are considered healthier and have higher levels of vitamins, omega-3 fatty acids, antioxidants and conjugated linoleic acid (CLA). Unlike conventional dairy farming methods, organic dairy farming helps in sustaining higher production without the environmental risks. Currently, China represents one of the fastest growing markets for organic dairy products in Asia. According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled "Organic Dairy Market in China: Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2018-2023", the organic dairy market in China reached a value of US$ 737 Million in 2017.
One of the major factors bolstering the growth of the organic dairy market in China is the rising awareness about the extensive use of fertilizers, pesticides and bovine growth hormone (BGH) due to which a majority of the consumers have shifted towards healthier and organic dairy products. Some of the other forces that have been proactive in maintaining the market growth include rapid urbanization, escalating disposable incomes and large-scale food adulteration in China. Looking forward, the market value is projected to reach US$ 1,759 Million by 2023, registering a CAGR of 15.7% during 2018-2023.
China Organic Dairy market
- Based on the province, the market has been segmented as Guangdong Province, Jiangsu Province, Shandong Province, Zhejiang Province, Henan Province and others. Currently, Guangdong Province represents the biggest market.
- On the basis of product type, organic fluid milk accounts for the majority of the total market share. Other segments include organic infant formula, organic yogurt, organic cheese, organic butter, organic cream, etc.
- Based on packaging, the organic dairy market in China is divided into tetra-packs & pouches, bottles, cans and others. Amongst these, tetra-packs & pouches exhibit a clear dominance in the market.
- On the basis of distribution channel, supermarkets and hypermarkets enjoy the leading position in the market. Other major segments include organic speciality stores, convenience and grocery stores, discount stores, online/e-retailing, direct sales and others.
- The competitive landscape of the market has also been examined with some of the key players being Shengmu, Yili group and Megnui.
- This report provides a deep insight into the organic dairy market in China covering all its essential aspects. This ranges from macro overview of the market to micro details of the industry performance, recent trends, key market drivers and challenges, SWOT analysis, Porter's five forces analysis, value chain analysis, etc. This report is a must-read for entrepreneurs, investors, researchers, consultants, business strategists, and all those who have any kind of stake or are planning to foray into the China organic dairy market in any manner.
Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- How has the organic dairy market in China performed so far and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What are the key provinces in the organic dairy market in China?
- Which are the popular product types in the organic dairy market in China?
- What are the key packaging segments in the organic dairy market in China?
- What are the major distribution channels in the organic dairy market in China?
- What are the various stages in the value chain of the organic dairy market in China?
- What are the key driving factors and challenges in the organic dairy market in China?
- What is the structure of the Chinese organic dairy market and who are the key players?
- What is the degree of competition in the Chinese organic dairy market?
Table of Contents
2 Scope and Methodology
- 2.1 Objectives of the Study
- 2.2 Stakeholders
- 2.3 Data Sources
- 2.3.1 Primary Sources
- 2.3.2 Secondary Sources
- 2.4 Market Estimation
- 2.4.1 Bottom-Up Approach
- 2.4.2 Top-Down Approach
- 2.5 Forecasting Methodology
3 Executive Summary
- 4.1 Overview
- 4.2 Key Industry Trends
5 China Organic Dairy Industry
- 5.1 Market Overview
- 5.2 Market Performance
- 5.2.1 Volume Trends
- 5.2.2 Value Trends
- 5.3 Market Breakup by Province
- 5.4 Market Breakup by Product Type
- 5.5 Market Breakup by Packaging Type
- 5.6 Market Breakup by Distribution Channel
- 5.7 Market Forecast
- 5.8 SWOT Analysis
- 5.8.1 Strengths
- 5.8.2 Weaknesses
- 5.8.3 Opportunities
- 5.8.4 Threats
- 5.9 Value Chain Analysis
- 5.9.1 Overview
- 5.9.2 Dairy Farmers
- 5.9.3 Collectors
- 5.9.4 Milk Processors
- 5.9.5 Distributors
- 5.9.6 Retailersr
- 5.9.7 End-Users
- 5.10 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
- 5.10.1 Overview
- 5.10.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers
- 5.10.3 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
- 5.10.4 Degree of Rivalry
- 5.10.5 Threat of New Entrants
- 5.10.6 Threat of Substitutes
- 5.11 Price Trends
- 5.11.1 Key Price Indicators
- 5.11.2 Price Structure
- 5.11.3 Price Trends
- 5.11.4 Margin Analysis
- 5.12 Key Market Drivers and Success Factors
- 5.13 Regulatory Framework
6 Competitive Landscape
- 6.1 Competitive Structure
- 6.2 Key Players
7 Performance by Province
- 7.1 Guangdong Province
- 7.2 Jiangsu Province
- 7.3 Shandong Province
- 7.4 Zhejiang Province
- 7.5 Henan Province
8 Performance by Product Type
- 8.1 Organic Fluid Milk
- 8.2 Organic Infant Formula
- 8.3 Organic Yogurt
- 8.4 Organic Cheese
- 8.5 Organic Butter
- 8.6 Organic Cream
- 8.7 Others
9 Performance by Packaging Type
- 9.1 Tetra Packs and Pouches
- 9.2 Bottles
- 9.3 Cans
- 9.4 Others
10 Market by Distribution Channel
- 10.1 Supermarkets and Hypermarkets
- 10.2 Organic Specialty Stores
- 10.3 Convenience and Grocery Stores
- 10.4 Discount Stores
- 10.5 Online/E-Retailing
- 10.6 Direct Sales
- 10.7 Others
11 Key Player Profiles
- 11.1 China Shengmu Organic Milk Limited
- 11.2 Inner Mongolia Yili Industrial Group
- 11.3 China Mengniu Dairy Company Limited