Product Code: SR1018G23_Report
Popularly used as a replacement for regular eggs, egg powder refers to completely dehydrated eggs that are available in powdered form. It is similar to regular eggs in composition and offers the same benefits. IMARC Group's latest report titled, "Egg Powder Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2019-2024", finds that the global egg powder market reached a volume of around 197,552 Tons in 2018, growing at a CAGR of around 4.5% during 2011-2018.
One of the major factors driving the global demand of egg powder is its long shelf life and portability. Egg powder has a shelf-life of 5 to 10 years and is non-perishable, when stored in an air-tight container. It can easily be transported and does not require refrigeration, unlike real eggs which have high chances of cracking. Apart from providing the same amount of protein as regular eggs, it is also lactose free, low in carbohydrate, cholesterol and fat, and also offers reduced weight per volume as compared to whole egg.
Egg powder is also highly convenient to use because of its physical form which leads to low to none product wastage and generates no residue after usage like in case of shell eggs. Egg powders are also available in a versatile product range such as egg white powder, egg yolk powder, whole egg powder and egg shell powder. These varied product range can cater to different needs of people. Egg white powder is rich in protein content whereas egg yolk powder contains bulk of the egg's fat. A person who is opting for low-calorie, high-protein diet can easily consume egg white powder without putting any effort in the tedious segregation process of egg yolk and egg white.
Catalysed by its numerous benefits, egg powder has become a crucial element in countless applications of the food industry due to its exceptional binding and emulsion capabilities. Looking forward, the global egg powder market is expected to reach a volume of around 251,076 Tons by 2024, exhibiting a CAGR of 4% during 2019-2024.
- Based on the type, the global egg powder market has been segmented into whole egg powder, yolk egg powder and white egg powder. Whole egg powder currently represents the largest segment.
- Region-wise, the global egg powder market has been segmented into Europe, Asia-Pacific, North America, Middle East & Africa, and Latin America. Amongst these, Europe represented the biggest market.
- On the basis of end-use, bakery represented the largest application segment for egg powder. Bakery was followed by sauces, dressings & mixes.
- Some of the key players in the industry include - Sanovo Group, Weko Group, Eurovo S.R.L., Rembrandt Enterprises Inc., Rose Acre Farms, Inc., Kewpie Egg Corporation, etc.
- This report provides a deep insight into the global egg powder industry covering all its essential aspects. This ranges from macro overview of the market to micro details of the industry performance, recent trends, key market drivers and challenges, SWOT analysis, Porter's five forces analysis, value chain analysis, etc. The report also provides a comprehensive analysis for setting up an egg powder manufacturing plant. The study analyses the processing and manufacturing requirements, project cost, project funding, project economics, expected returns on investment, profit margins, etc. This report is a must-read for entrepreneurs, investors, researchers, consultants, business strategists, and all those who have any kind of stake or are planning to foray into the egg powder industry in any manner.
Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- How has the global egg powder market performed so far and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What are the key regional markets in the global egg powder industry?
- What are the key end-use segments in the global egg powder industry?
- What are the key product types in the global egg powder industry?
- What are the average price trends of egg powder?
- What are the various stages in the value chain of the global egg powder industry?
- What are the key driving factors and challenges in the global egg powder industry?
- What is the structure of the global egg powder industry and who are the key players?
- What is the degree of competition in the global egg powder industry?
- What are the profit margins in the egg powder industry?
- What are the key requirements for setting up an egg powder manufacturing plant?
- How is egg powder manufactured?
- What are the various unit operations involved in an egg powder manufacturing plant?
- What is the total size of land required for setting up an egg powder manufacturing plant?
- What are the machinery requirements for setting up an egg powder manufacturing plant?
- What are the raw material requirements for setting up an egg powder manufacturing plant?
- What are the packaging requirements for egg powder?
- What are the transportation requirements for egg powder?
- What are the utility requirements for setting up an egg powder manufacturing plant?
- What are the manpower requirements for setting up an egg powder manufacturing plant?
- What are the infrastructure costs for setting up an egg powder manufacturing plant?
- What are the capital costs for setting up an egg powder manufacturing plant?
- What are the operating costs for setting up an egg powder manufacturing plant?
- What will be the income and expenditures for an egg powder manufacturing plant?
- What is the time required to break-even?
Table of Contents
2 Scope and Methodology
- 2.1 Objectives of the Study
- 2.2 Stakeholders
- 2.3 Data Sources
- 2.3.1 Primary Sources
- 2.3.2 Secondary Sources
- 2.4 Market Estimation
- 2.4.1 Bottom-Up Approach
- 2.4.2 Top-Down Approach
- 2.5 Forecasting Methodology
3 Executive Summary
- 4.1 Overview
- 4.2 Key Industry Trends
5 Global Egg Industry
- 5.1 Market Overview
- 5.2 Market Performance
- 5.2.1 Volume Trends
- 5.2.2 Value Trends
- 5.3 Market Breakup by Region
- 5.4 Market Breakup by End Use
- 5.5 Market Forecast
6. Global Egg Processing Market
- 6.1 Market Performance
- 6.2 Market Breakup by Product Type
- 6.3 Market Breakup by Region
- 6.4 Market Forecast
7 Global Egg Powder Market
- 7.1 Market Overview
- 7.2 Market Performance
- 7.2.1 Volume Trends
- 7.2.2 Value Trends
- 7.3 Price Analysis
- 7.3.1 Key Price Indicators
- 7.3.2 Price Structure
- 7.3.3 Price Trends
- 7.4 Market Breakup by Region
- 7.5 Market Breakup by Type
- 7.6 Market Breakup by End Use
- 7.7 Market Forecast
- 7.8 SWOT Analysis
- 7.8.1 Overview
- 7.8.2 Strengths
- 7.8.3 Weaknesses
- 7.8.4 Opportunities
- 7.8.5 Threats
- 7.9 Value Chain Analysis
- 7.9.1 Poultry Farms
- 7.9.2 Egg Processors
- 7.9.3 Distributors and Exporters
- 7.9.4 Retailers
- 7.9.5 End-Users
- 7.10 Porters Five Forces Analysis
- 7.10.1 Overview
- 7.10.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers
- 7.10.3 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
- 7.10.4 Degree of Rivalry
- 7.10.5 Threat of New Entrants
- 7.10.6 Threat of Substitutes
- 7.11 Key Market Drivers and Success Factors
8 Global Egg Powder Market: Performance by Region
- 8.1 Asia-Pacific
- 8.1.1 Market Trends
- 8.1.2 Market Forecast
- 8.2 Europe
- 8.2.1 Market Trends
- 8.2.2 Market Forecast
- 8.3 North America
- 8.3.1 Market Trends
- 8.3.2 Market Forecast
- 8.4 Middle East and Africa
- 8.4.1 Market Trends
- 8.4.2 Market Forecast
- 8.5 Latin America
- 8.5.1 Market Trends
- 8.5.2 Market Forecast
9 Global Egg Powder Market: Breakup by Type
- 9.1 Whole Egg Powder
- 9.1.1 Market Trends
- 9.1.2 Market Forecast
- 9.2 Yolk Egg Powder
- 9.2.1 Market Trends
- 9.2.2 Market Forecast
- 9.3 White Egg Powder
- 9.3.1 Market Trends
- 9.3.2 Market Forecast
10 Global Egg Powder Market: Breakup by End-Use
- 10.1 Bakery
- 10.1.1 Market Trends
- 10.1.2 Market Forecast
- 10.2 Sauces, Dressings and Mixes
- 10.2.1 Market Trends
- 10.2.2 Market Forecast
- 10.3 Others (Desserts, Dietary Supplements, Pharma, etc.)
- 10.3.1 Market Trends
- 10.3.2 Market Forecast
11 Global Egg Powder Market: Competitive Landscape
- 11.1 Competitive Structure
- 11.2 Key Players
12 Egg Powder Manufacturing Process
- 12.1 Product Overview
- 12.2 Detailed Process Flow
- 12.3 Various Types of Unit Operations Involved
- 12.4 Mass Balance and Raw Material Requirements
13 Project Details, Requirements and Costs Involved
- 13.1 Land Requirement and Expenditures
- 13.2 Construction Requirements and Expenditures
- 13.3 Plant Machinery
- 13.4 Plant Layout
- 13.5 Machinery Pictures
- 13.6 Raw Material Requirements and Expenditures
- 13.7 Raw Material and Final Product Pictures
- 13.8 Packaging Requirements and Expenditures
- 13.9 Transportation Requirements and Expenditures
- 13.10 Utility Requirements
- 13.11 Manpower Requirements and Expenditures
- 13.12 Other Capital Investments
14 Loans and Financial Assistance
15 Project Economics
- 15.1 Capital Cost of the Project
- 15.2 Techno-Economic Parameters
- 15.3 Product Pricing
- 15.4 Income Projections
- 15.5 Expenditure Projections
- 15.6 Taxation and Depreciation
- 15.7 Financial Analysis
- 15.8 Profit Analysis
16 Key Player Profiles
- 16.1 Sanovo Group
- 16.2 Weko Group
- 16.3 Eurovo S.R.L
- 16.4 Rembrandt Enterprises, Inc.
- 16.5 Rose Acre Farms, Inc.
- 16.6 KEWPIE Egg Corporation