Product Code: SR1018E14_Report
Home security system is a network of integrated electronic equipment that are designed for detecting as well as defending against burglar activities or any other intrusion. The hardware of home security system includes doors, alarm systems, motion detectors, security cameras, lighting, locks, etc. A home security system helps to secure all the entry points by deploying sensors that are linked with the control panel. Further, every activity is captured by the security cameras and can be monitored over the control panel. Over the years, the rise in crime rates, house intrusion and burglaries in North America has influenced the demand for home security systems in the region. According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled "North America Home Security System Market: Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2018-2023", the North America home security system market reached a value of US$ 3.9 Billion in 2017, exhibiting a CAGR of 23% during 2010-2017.
One of the primary factors catalysing the growth of the North America home security system market is the evolution of new and improved system technologies. Increasing research and development has paved way for internet of things, remote monitoring as well as home automation. Moreover, the revival of constructional activities, particularly in the residential sector, acts as another factor facilitating the demand for home security systems. Improving network infrastructure coupled with broadband and internet penetration has further been proactive in maintaining the market growth. Looking forward, the market value is projected to reach US$ 12.11 Billion by 2023, registering a CAGR of 20.1% during 2018-2023.
- Based on integration, the market has been segmented as self-contained systems and non-integrated systems. Currently, integrated systems dominate the market, holding the largest share.
- On the basis of type of installation, professionally installed security systems represent the leading segment, followed by the DIY security systems.
- On the basis of panel type, wireless panels are the most popular product type in the home security systems market, followed by hybrid panels, hardwired panels and alarm panels.
- Based on the sensor type, the market is segmented into wired sensors and wireless sensors. Amongst these, wireless sensors dominate the home security systems market.
- The market is further bifurcated on the basis of communication modules wherein professional monitored security systems account for the largest share, followed by self-monitored security systems.
- On the basis of equipment type, video surveillance represents the leading segment, followed by intruder alarms, electronic locks, fire sprinklers and extinguishers, and others.
- Based on residential type, the market is classified into independent homes, condominiums and apartments. Presently, independent homes are the largest segment.
- Region-wise, the market has been segmented into the United States, Canada, Mexico and others. Amongst these, the United States is the leading market, accounting for the majority of the share.
- The competitive landscape of the market has also been examined with some of the key players being ADT Inc., Monotronics, Vivint Inc., and Comcast.
- This report provides a deep insight into the North America home security system market covering all its essential aspects. This ranges from macro overview of the market to micro details of the industry performance, recent trends, key market drivers and challenges, SWOT analysis, Porter's five forces analysis, value chain analysis, etc. This report is a must-read for entrepreneurs, investors, researchers, consultants, business strategists, and all those who have any kind of stake or are planning to foray into the home security system market in any manner.
Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- How has the North America home security system market performed so far and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What are the key regions in the North America home security system market?
- Which are the popular integration systems in the North America home security system market?
- What are the key installation types in the North America home security system market?
- What are the major panel types in the North America home security system market?
- Which are the popular sensor types in the North America home security system market?
- What are the key communication module segments in the North America home security system market?
- What are the major equipment types in the North America home security system market?
- Which are the popular residential types in the North America home security system market?
- What are the various stages in the value chain of the North America home security system market?
- What are the key driving factors and challenges in the North America home security system market?
- What is the structure of the North America home security system market and who are the key players?
- What is the degree of competition in the North America home security system market?
Table of Contents
2 Scope and Methodology
- 2.1 Objectives of the Study
- 2.2 Stakeholders
- 2.3 Data Sources
- 2.3.1 Primary Sources
- 2.3.2 Secondary Sources
- 2.4 Market Estimation
- 2.4.1 Bottom-Up Approach
- 2.4.2 Top-Down Approach
- 2.5 Forecasting Methodology
3 Executive Summary
- 4.1 Overview
- 4.2 Key Industry Trends
5 North America Home Security System Market: Industry Analysis
- 5.1 Market Overview
- 5.2 Market Performance
- 5.2.1 Volume Trends
- 5.2.2 Value Trends
- 5.3 Price Analysis
- 5.3.1 Price indicators
- 5.3.2 Price Structure
- 5.3.2 Price Trends
- 5.4 Market Breakup by Integration
- 5.5 Market Breakup by Installation
- 5.6 Market Breakup by Panel Type
- 5.7 Market Breakup by Sensor Type
- 5.8 Market Breakup by Communication Module
- 5.9 Market Breakup by Equipment Type
- 5.10 Market Breakup by Residence Type
- 5.11 Market Breakup by Region
- 5.12 Market Forecast
- 5.13 SWOT Analysis
- 5.13.1 Strengths
- 5.13.2 Weaknesses
- 5.13.3 Opportunities
- 5.13.4 Threats
- 5.14 Value Chain Analysis
- 5.14.1 Overview
- 5.14.2 Research and Development
- 5.14.3 Raw Material Procurement
- 5.14.4 Products and Services
- 5.14.5 Marketing and Distribution
- 5.14.6 End Users
- 5.14.6 Post Sales Service
- 5.15 Porter's Five Forces Model
- 5.15.1 Overview
- 5.15.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers
- 5.15.3 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
- 5.15.4 Degree of Rivalry
- 5.15.5 Threat of New Entrants
- 5.15.6 Threat of Substitutes
6 Market Breakup by Integration
- 6.1 Self-Contained Systems
- 6.2 Integrated System
7 Market Breakup by Type of Installation
- 7.1 DIY Type
- 7.2 Professional Installed
8 Market Breakup by Panel Type
- 8.1 Hard Wired Panels
- 8.2 Wireless Panels
- 8.3 Hybrid Panels
- 8.4 Alarm Panels
9 Market Breakup by Sensor Type
- 9.1 Wireless Sensors
- 9.2 Wired Sensors
10 Market Breakup by Communication Module
- 10.1 Professional Monitored
- 10.2 Self-Monitored
11 Market Break up by Equipment Type
- 11.1 Video Surveillance
- 11.2 Intruder Alarms
- 11.3 Electronic Locks
- 11.4 Fire Sprinklers and Extinguishers
- 11.5 Others
12 Market Break up by Residence Type
- 12.1 Independent Homes
- 12.2 Condominiums
- 12.3 Apartments
13 Market Breakup by Region
- 13.1 United States of America
- 13.2 Canada
- 13.3 Mexico
- 13.4 Others
14 Video Surveillance Systems Manufacturing Process
- 14.1 Product Overview
- 14.2 Raw Material Requirements
- 14.3 Installation Process
15 Competitive Landscape
- 15.1 Market Structure
- 15.2 Key Players
16 Key Player Profiles
- 16.1 ADT Security
- 16.2 Monitronics
- 16.3 Vivint
- 16.4 Comcast