Product Code: SR1018E4_Report
A fuel cell refers to an electrochemical cell which converts the chemical energy from a fuel to electricity. The major components of a fuel cell include anode, cathode and electrolyte. Some of the advantages offered by fuel cells are energy-efficiency, high operating time, ease of maintenance, etc. Apart from this, they are environment-friendly in nature as they prevent production of air pollutants or greenhouse gases. Owing to this, they are used to provide power to vehicles like forklifts, automobiles, buses, boats, motorcycles, etc. According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled "Fuel Cell Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2018-2023", the global fuel cell market reached a value of more than US$ 4.0 Billion in 2017.
Various initiatives and favourable policies by governments supporting the use of sustainable energy substitutes represents one of the major factors catalysing the growth of the global fuel cell market. Moreover, as fuel cells do not require conventional fuels such as oil or gas, it reduces economic dependence on oil producing countries, thereby broadening the growth prospects of the market. Other growth inducing factors include technological advancements, constant depletion of fossil fuels and rising awareness about the benefits of fuel cells. Looking forward, the market value is projected to exceed US$ 8.4 Billion by 2023, registering a CAGR of 13.4% during 2018-2023.
- Based on the type, the market has been segmented as proton exchange membrane fuel cells, solid oxide fuel cells, molten carbonate fuel cells, direct methanol fuel cells, phosphoric acid fuel cells and others. Proton exchange membrane fuel cells currently account for the highest market share.
- On the basis of application, stationery represents the largest segment, followed by transportation, portable and others.
- Region-wise, the market has been segmented into Asia Pacific, North America, Europe, Middle East and Africa, and Latin America. Amongst these, Asia Pacific is the biggest market.
- The competitive landscape of the market has also been examined with some of the key players being Ballard Power Systems Inc., Bloom Energy Corporation, Toshiba Fuel Cell Power Systems Corporation, FuelCell Energy Inc, Plug Power Inc, Nuvera Fuel Cells Inc, AFC Energy plc, SFC Energy AG, Mitsubishi Hitachi Power Systems, Ltd., Panasonic Corporation, Intelligent Energy Limited and Doosan Fuel Cell America Inc.
- This report provides a deep insight into the global fuel cell market covering all its essential aspects. This ranges from macro overview of the market to micro details of the industry performance, recent trends, key market drivers and challenges, SWOT analysis, Porter's five forces analysis, value chain analysis, etc. This report is a must-read for entrepreneurs, investors, researchers, consultants, business strategists, and all those who have any kind of stake or are planning to foray into the fuel cell market in any manner.
Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- How has the global fuel cell market performed so far and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What are the key regions in the global fuel cell market?
- Which are the popular product types in the global fuel cell market?
- What are the key application segments in the global fuel cell market?
- What are the various stages in the value chain of the global fuel cell market?
- What are the key driving factors and challenges in the global fuel cell market?
- What is the structure of the global fuel cell market and who are the key players?
- What is the degree of competition in the global fuel cell market?
- How are fuel cells manufactured?
Table of Contents
2 Scope and Methodology
- 2.1 Objectives of the Study
- 2.2 Stakeholders
- 2.3 Data Sources
- 2.3.1 Primary Sources
- 2.3.2 Secondary Sources
- 2.4 Market Estimation
- 2.4.1 Bottom-Up Approach
- 2.4.2 Top-Down Approach
- 2.5 Forecasting Methodology
3 Executive Summary
- 4.1 Overview
- 4.2 Key Industry Trends
5 Global Fuel Cell Market
- 5.1 Market Overview
- 5.2 Market Performance
- 5.3 Price Analysis
- 5.3.1 Price Indicators
- 5.3.2 Price Structure
- 5.3.3 Margin Analysis
- 5.4 Market Breakup by Type
- 5.5 Market Breakup by Application
- 5.6 Market Breakup by Region
- 5.7 Market Forecast
- 5.8 SWOT Analysis
- 5.8.1 Overview
- 5.8.2 Strengths
- 5.8.3 Weaknesses
- 5.8.4 Opportunities
- 5.8.5 Threats
- 5.9 Value Chain Analysis
- 5.9.1 Overview
- 5.9.2 Research and Development
- 5.9.3 Raw Material Procurement
- 5.9.4 Manufacturing
- 5.9.5 Marketing
- 5.9.6 Distribution
- 5.9.7 End-Use
- 5.10 Porters Five Forces Analysis
- 5.10.1 Overview
- 5.10.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers
- 5.10.3 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
- 5.10.4 Degree of Competition
- 5.10.5 Threat of New Entrants
- 5.10.6 Threat of Substitutes
6 Market Breakup by Type
- 6.1 Proton Exchange Membrane Fuel Cells (PEMFC)
- 6.2 Solid Oxide Fuel Cells (SOFC)
- 6.3 Molten Carbonate Fuel Cells (MCFC)
- 6.4 Direct Methanol Fuel Cells (DMFC)
- 6.5 Phosphoric Acid Fuel Cells (PAFC)
- 6.6 Others
7 Market Breakup by Application
- 7.1 Stationary
- 7.2 Transportation
- 7.3 Portable
- 7.4 Others
8 Market Breakup by Region
- 8.1 Asia Pacific
- 8.2 North America
- 8.3 Europe
- 8.4 Middle East and Africa
- 8.5 Latin America
9 Fuel Cell Manufacturing Process
- 9.1 Product Overview
- 9.2 Raw Material Requirements
- 9.3 Manufacturing Process
- 9.4 Key Success and Risk Factors
10 Competitive Landscape
- 10.1 Market Structure
- 10.2 Key Players
- 10.3 Profiles of Key Players
- 10.3.1 Ballard Power Systems Inc.
- 10.3.2 Bloom Energy Corporation
- 10.3.3 Toshiba Fuel Cell Power Systems Corporation
- 10.3.4 FuelCell Energy Inc
- 10.3.5 Plug Power Inc
- 10.3.6 Nuvera Fuel Cells Inc
- 10.3.7 AFC Energy plc
- 10.3.8 SFC Energy AG
- 10.3.9 Mitsubishi Hitachi Power Systems, Ltd.
- 10.3.10 Panasonic Corporation
- 10.3.11 Intelligent Energy Limited
- 10.3.12 Doosan Fuel Cell America Inc.