Product Code: SR1018G70_Report
Corrugated box is made by assembling corrugated cardboard sheets which are prepared by gluing two flat papers (liners) to the top of a wavy layer of cardboard (flute) on either side. On account of the wavy layer, corrugated box serves as an insulator, thereby, protecting its contents from temperature variations. In addition, it offers high strength, rigidity, flexibility, high durability, light-weightiness, aesthetic value, cost-effectiveness and recyclability. Besides this, corrugated box is crush-resistant and has the ability to withstand top or side pressure. Owing to the aforementioned properties, corrugated box represents a preferred means of packaging for numerous industries. According to the latest report by IMARC Group, "Corrugated Boxes Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2019-2024", the global corrugated boxes market reached a value of US$ 176.1 Billion in 2018, growing at a CAGR of 4.7% during 2011-2018.
Growing e-commerce industry is one of the primary factors driving the global corrugated boxes market. As product safety is crucial for online retailers, they prefer corrugated boxes which have proved to be an effective transit packaging material. Another factor catalyzing the market growth is the surge in the demand for packaged food products due to rising disposable incomes and lifestyle changes. This has, in turn, led to the penetration of corrugated boxes in the food and beverage industry. The growth of the other end-use industries such as, chemicals, electronics and textiles has further escalated the global demand for corrugated boxes. Moreover, manufacturers are also coming up with different shapes, sizes and designs, in order to increase their consumer-base.
The report has segmented the global corrugated boxes market on the basis of end-use. The food products and beverage sector dominates the market, accounting for nearly a half of the total global market. Other end-use sectors include electrical and electronic goods, personal and household care goods, glassware and ceramics, paper product, chemicals and textile goods. Based on the material used, recycled corrugates exhibit a clear dominance in the market, followed by virgin corrugates. The market is also segmented on a regional basis, covering North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East and Africa. Amongst these, Asia-Pacific represents the largest market, followed by Europe. An analysis of the XXXXXCompetitive LandscapeYYYYY provides the details of the key players operative in the market. Some of the major players are International Paper, Nine Dragons Paper, West Rock, Smurfit Kappa Group, and Lee & Man Group.
This report provides a deep insight into the global corrugated boxes industry covering all its essential aspects. This ranges from macro overview of the market to micro details of the industry performance, recent trends, key market drivers and challenges, SWOT analysis, Porter's five forces analysis, value chain analysis, etc. The report also provides a comprehensive analysis for setting up a corrugated boxes manufacturing plant. The study analyses the processing and manufacturing requirements, project cost, project funding, project economics, expected returns on investment, profit margins, etc. This report is a must-read for entrepreneurs, investors, researchers, consultants, business strategists, and all those who have any kind of stake or are planning to foray into the corrugated boxes industry in any manner.
Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- How has the global corrugated boxes market performed so far and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What are the key regional markets in the global corrugated boxes industry?
- What are the key end-use segments in the global corrugated boxes industry?
- What are the key materials used in the global corrugated boxes industry?
- What are the price trends of corrugated boxes?
- What are the various stages in the value chain of the global corrugated boxes industry?
- What are the key driving factors and challenges in the global corrugated boxes industry?
- What is the structure of the global corrugated boxes industry and who are the key players?
- What is the degree of competition in the global corrugated boxes industry?
- What are the profit margins in the global corrugated boxes industry?
- What are the key requirements for setting up a corrugated box manufacturing plant?
- How are corrugated boxes manufactured?
- What are the various unit operations involved in a corrugated box manufacturing plant?
- What is the total size of land required for setting up a corrugated box manufacturing plant?
- What are the machinery requirements for setting up a corrugated box manufacturing plant?
- What are the raw material requirements for setting up a corrugated box manufacturing plant?
- What are the packaging requirements for corrugated boxes?
- What are the transportation requirements for corrugated boxes?
- What are the utility requirements for setting up a corrugated box manufacturing plant?
- What are the manpower requirements for setting up a corrugated box manufacturing plant?
- What are the infrastructure costs for setting up a corrugated box manufacturing plant?
- What are the capital costs for setting up a corrugated box manufacturing plant?
- What are the operating costs for setting up a corrugated box manufacturing plant?
- What will be the income and expenditures for a corrugated box manufacturing plant?
- What is the time required to break-even?
Table of Contents
2 Scope and Methodology
- 2.1 Objective of the Study
- 2.2 Stakeholders
- 2.3 Data Sources
- 2.3.1 Primary Sources
- 2.3.2 Secondary Sources
- 2.4 Market Estimation
- 2.4.1 Bottom-Up Approach
- 2.4.2 Top-Down Approach
- 2.4.3 Data Validation
- 2.5 Scope and Assumptions
3 Executive Summary
- 4.1 Overview
- 4.2 Key Industry Trends
5 Global Corrugated Boxes Industry
- 5.1 Market Overview
- 5.2 Market Performance
- 5.2.1 Volume Trends
- 5.2.2 Value Trends
- 5.3 Price Trends
- 5.3.1 Key Price Indicators
- 5.3.2 Price Structure
- 5.3.3 Price Trends
- 5.4 Market Breakup by Region
- 5.5 Market Breakup by Material Used
- 5.6 Market Breakup by End-Use
- 5.7 Market Forecast
- 5.8 SWOT Analysis
- 5.8.1 Overview
- 5.8.2 Strengths
- 5.8.3 Weaknesses
- 5.8.4 Opportunities
- 5.8.5 Threats
- 5.9 Value Chain Analysis
- 5.9.1 Overview
- 5.9.2 Forest Growers
- 5.9.3 Pulp Mills
- 5.9.4 Paper Manufacturers
- 5.9.5 Corrugated Box Manufacturers
- 5.9.6 Distributors
- 5.9.7 End Use Industries
- 5.9.8 Retailers
- 5.9.9 Waste Management Companies
- 5.10 Porters Five Forces Analysis
- 5.10.1 Overview
- 5.10.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers
- 5.10.3 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
- 5.10.4 Degree of Rivalry
- 5.10.5 Threat of New Entrants
- 5.10.6 Threat of Substitutes
- 5.11 Key Market Drivers and Success Factors
6 Performance of Key Regions
- 6.1 Asia Pacific
- 6.1.1 Market Trends
- 6.1.2 Market Forecast
- 6.2 Europe
- 6.2.1 Market Trends
- 6.2.2 Market Forecast
- 6.3 North America
- 6.3.1 Market Trends
- 6.3.2 Market Forecast
- 6.4 Latin America
- 6.4.1 Market Trends
- 6.4.2 Market Forecast
- 6.5 Middle East and Africa
- 6.5.1 Market Trends
- 6.5.2 Market Forecast
7 Performance by Material Used
- 7.1 Recycled Corrugates
- 7.1.1 Market Trends
- 7.1.2 Market Forecast
- 7.2 Virgin Corrugates
- 7.2.1 Market Trends
- 7.2.2 Market Forecast
8 Performance by End-Use
- 8.1 Food Products and Beverages
- 8.1.1 Market Trends
- 8.1.2 Market Forecast
- 8.2 Paper Products
- 8.2.1 Market Trends
- 8.2.2 Market Forecast
- 8.3 Electrical and Electronic Goods
- 8.3.1 Market Trends
- 8.3.2 Market Forecast
- 8.4 Personal and Household Care Goods
- 8.4.1 Market Trends
- 8.4.2 Market Forecast
- 8.5 Chemicals
- 8.5.1 Market Trends
- 8.5.2 Market Forecast
- 8.6 Glassware and Ceramics
- 8.6.1 Market Trends
- 8.6.2 Market Forecast
- 8.7 Textile Goods
- 8.7.1 Market Trends
- 8.7.2 Market Forecast
- 8.8 Others
- 8.8.1 Market Trends
- 8.8.2 Market Forecast
9 Competitive Landscape
- 9.1 Competitive Structure
- 9.2 Market Breakup by Key Players
10 Corrugated Box Manufacturing Process
- 10.1 Product Overview
- 10.2 Detailed Process Flow
- 10.3 Various Types of Unit Operations Involved
- 10.4 Mass Balance and Raw Material Requirements
11 Project Details, Requirements and Costs Involved
- 11.1 Land, Location and Site Development
- 11.2 Construction Requirements and Expenditures
- 11.3 Plant Machinery
- 11.4 Machinery Pictures
- 11.5 Raw Materials Requirements and Expenditures
- 11.6 Raw Material and Final Product Pictures
- 11.7 Packaging Requirements and Expenditures
- 11.8 Transportation Requirements and Expenditures
- 11.9 Utilities Requirements and Expenditures
- 11.10 Manpower Requirements and Expenditures
- 11.11 Other Capital Investments
12 Loans and Financial Assistance
13 Project Economics
- 13.1 Capital Cost of the Project
- 13.2 Techno-Economic Parameters
- 13.3 Product Pricing and Margins Across Various Levels of the Supply Chain
- 13.4 Taxation and Depreciation
- 13.5 Income Projections
- 13.6 Expenditure Projections
- 13.7 Financial Analysis
- 13.8 Profit Analysis
14 Key Players Profiles
- 14.1 International Paper Company
- 14.1.1 Company Overview
- 14.1.2 Company Description
- 14.1.3 Financial Performance
- 14.2 Nine Dragons Paper
- 14.2.1 Company Overview
- 14.2.2 Company Description
- 14.2.3 Financial Performance
- 14.3 West Rock
- 14.3.1 Company Overview
- 14.3.2 Company Description
- 14.3.3 Financial Performance
- 14.4 Smurfit Kappa Group
- 14.4.1 Company Overview
- 14.4.2 Company Description
- 14.4.3 Financial Performance
- 14.5 Lee and Mann Group
- 14.5.1 Company Overview
- 14.5.2 Company Description
- 14.5.3 Financial Performance