Product Code: SR1018H16_Report
Power inverter is a device that converts direct current (DC) from a battery, solar panel or fuel cell into the conventional alternating current (AC). This alternating current is used to run and operate numerous types of household appliances and lights. As power inverter is a reliable and economic alternate source of electricity, it currently has a diverse range of applications. IMARC Group's latest report titled, "Power Inverter Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2019-2024", finds that the global power inverter market reached a value of US$ 66.6 Billion in 2018, growing at a CAGR of 6.4% during 2011-2018.
The market is currently being driven by a number of favourable factors. Increasing urbanization and electrification rates have led to an increase in the demand for power inverters which are used as an alternate backup power solution in case of emergencies. As a large part of the population is highly dependent upon electronic gadgets and appliances such as laptops, television sets, refrigerators and air conditioners, the need for an uninterrupted power supply has resulted in the growth of the market. Further, the market is also being stimulated by technological innovations which have resulted in portable power inverters that can be used to charge mobile phones and tablets while travelling. According to the report, the market is further expected to reach a value of US$ 93.7 Billion by 2024.
The report has segmented the global power inverter market on the basis of type covering <5KW, 5-95 KW, 100-495 KW and >500 KW. On the basis of application, the report includes motor drives, UPS, rail traction, wind turbines, EVs/HEVs and solar PVs. Among these, motor drives account for the majority of the market share. Based on region, the report has segmented the market as Asia-Pacific, Europe, North America, Latin America, and Middle East and Africa. Currently, Asia-Pacific represents the largest market for power inverters. The report has further analysed the Competitive Landscape of the market and provides the profiles of the key players operating in it. Some of the major players include SMA Solar Technology, Omron, ABB, Tabuchi and TMEIC.
This report provides a deep insight into the global power inverter industry covering all its essential aspects. This ranges from macro overview of the market to micro details of the industry performance, recent trends, key market drivers and challenges, SWOT analysis, Porter's five forces analysis, value chain analysis, etc. The report also provides a comprehensive analysis for setting up a power inverter manufacturing plant. The study analyses the processing and manufacturing requirements, project cost, project funding, project economics, expected returns on investment, profit margins, etc. This report is a must-read for entrepreneurs, investors, researchers, consultants, business strategists, and all those who have any kind of stake or are planning to foray into the global power inverter industry in any manner.
Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- How has the global power inverter market performed so far and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What are the key regions in the global power inverter market?
- What are the key applications in the global power inverter market?
- What are the key product types in the global power inverter market?
- What are the various stages in the value chain of the global power inverter industry?
- What are the key driving factors and challenges in the global power inverter industry?
- What is the structure of the global power inverter industry and who are the key players?
- What is the degree of competition in the global power inverter industry?
- What are the profit margins in the global power inverter industry?
- What are the key requirements for setting up a global power inverter manufacturing plant?
- How is power inverter manufactured?
- What are the various unit operations involved in a power inverter manufacturing plant?
- What is the total size of land required for setting up a power inverter manufacturing plant?
- What are the machinery requirements for setting up a power inverter manufacturing plant?
- What are the raw material requirements for setting up a power inverter manufacturing plant?
- What are the packaging requirements for power inverter?
- What are the transportation requirements for power inverter?
- What are the utility requirements for setting up a power inverter manufacturing plant?
- What are the manpower requirements for setting up a power inverter manufacturing plant?
- What are the infrastructure costs for setting up a power inverter manufacturing plant?
- What are the capital costs for setting up a power inverter manufacturing plant?
- What are the operating costs for setting up a power inverter manufacturing plant?
- What will be the income and expenditures for a power inverter manufacturing plant?
- What is the time required to break-even?
Table of Contents
2 Scope and Methodology
- 2.1 Objectives of the study
- 2.2 Stakeholders
- 2.3 Data Sources
- 2.3.1 Primary Sources
- 2.3.2 Secondary Sources
- 2.4 Market Estimation
- 2.4.1 Bottom-Up Approach
- 2.4.2 Top-Down Approach
- 2.5 Forecasting Methodology
3 Executive Summary
- 4.1 Overview
- 4.2 Key Industry Trends
5 Global Power Inverter Market
- 5.1 Market Overview
- 5.2 Market Performance
- 5.2.1 Volume Trends
- 5.2.2 Value Trends
- 5.3 Price Analysis
- 5.3.1 Key Price Indicators
- 5.3.2 Price Structure
- 5.3.3 Margin Analysis
- 5.4 Market Breakup by Region
- 5.5 Market Breakup by Type
- 5.6 Market Breakup by Application
- 5.7 Market Forecast
- 5.8 SWOT Analysis
- 5.8.1 Overview
- 5.8.2 Strengths
- 5.8.3 Weaknesses
- 5.8.4 Opportunities
- 5.8.5 Threats
- 5.9 Value Chain Analysis
- 5.9.1 Overview
- 5.9.2 Research and Development
- 5.9.3 Raw Material Procurement
- 5.9.4 Manufacturing
- 5.9.5 Marketing
- 5.9.6 Distribution
- 5.9.7 End-Use
- 5.10 Porters Five Forces Analysis
- 5.10.1 Overview
- 5.10.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers
- 5.10.3 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
- 5.10.4 Degree of Rivalry
- 5.10.5 Threat of New Entrants
- 5.10.6 Threat of Substitutes
- 5.11 Key Market Drivers and Challenges
6 Market by Key Regions
- 6.1 Asia Pacific
- 6.1.1 Market Trends
- 6.1.2 Market Forecast
- 6.2 Europe
- 6.2.1 Market Trends
- 6.2.2 Market Forecast
- 6.3 North America
- 6.3.1 Market Trends
- 6.3.2 Market Forecast
- 6.4 Latin America
- 6.4.1 Market Trends
- 6.4.2 Market Forecast
- 6.5 Middle East and Africa
- 6.5.1 Market Trends
- 6.5.2 Market Forecast
7 Market Breakup by Type
- 7.1 <5KW
- 7.1.1 Market Trends
- 7.1.2 Market Forecast
- 7.2 5KW to 95KW
- 7.2.1 Market Trends
- 7.2.2 Market Forecast
- 7.3 100KW to 495KW
- 7.3.1 Market Trends
- 7.3.2 Market Forecast
- 7.4 Above 500KW
- 7.4.1 Market Trends
- 7.4.2 Market Forecast
8 Market Breakup by Application
- 8.1 Motor Drives
- 8.1.1 Market Trends
- 8.1.2 Market Forecast
- 8.2 UPS
- 8.2.1 Market Trends
- 8.2.2 Market Forecast
- 8.3 Rail Traction
- 8.3.1 Market Trends
- 8.3.2 Market Forecast
- 8.4 Wind Turbines
- 8.4.1 Market Trends
- 8.4.2 Market Forecast
- 8.5 EVs/HEVs
- 8.5.1 Market Trends
- 8.5.2 Market Forecast
- 8.6 Solar PVs
- 8.6.1 Market Trends
- 8.6.2 Market Forecast
- 8.7 Others
- 8.7.1 Market Trends
- 8.7.2 Market Forecast
9 Competitive Landscape
- 9.1 Competitive Structure
- 9.2 Key Players
10 Power Inverter Manufacturing Process
- 10.1 Product Overview
- 10.2 Detailed Process Flow
- 10.3 Various Types of Units Operations Involved
- 10.4 Mass Balance and Raw Material Requirements
11 Project Details, Requirements and Costs Involved
- 11.1 Land Requirements and Expenditures
- 11.2 Construction Requirements and Expenditures
- 11.3 Plant Machinery
- 11.4 Machinery Pictures
- 11.5 Raw Material Requirements and Expenditures
- 11.6 Raw Material Pictures
- 11.7 Packaging Requirements and Expenditures
- 11.8 Transportation Requirements and Expenditures
- 11.9 Utility Requirements and Expenditures
- 11.10 Manpower Requirements and Expenditures
- 11.11 Other Capital Investments
12 Loans and Financial Assistance
13 Project Economics
- 13.1 Capital Cost of the Project
- 13.2 Techno-Economic Parameters
- 13.3 Product Pricing and Margins Across Various Levels of the Supply Chain
- 13.4 Income Projections
- 13.5 Expenditure Projections
- 13.6 Taxation and Depreciation
- 13.7 Financial Analysis
- 13.8 Profit Analysis
14 Key Player Profiles