Product Code: SR1018G62_Report
White chocolate is made with cocoa butter, sugar, milk products, vanilla, and a fatty emulsifier called lecithin that holds all the ingredients together. Among these, cocoa butter is the prime ingredient used in white chocolate which provides a subtle flavour. Traditionally, white chocolate is not considered 'chocolate' in proper sense as it does not contain chocolate solids or chocolate powder, which gives chocolates a bitter, tannic, and berry-like flavour. Rather, the quality of white chocolate is determined by its colour. Although, it is available in white, pale yellow or ivory colours, the latter two are considered superior as they tend to contain more percentage of cocoa butter. The latest report by IMARC Group titled, "White Chocolate Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2019-2024", finds that the global white chocolate market reached a value of US$ 17.9 Billion in 2018, growing at a CAGR of 1.1% during 2011-2018.
As a result of its distinctive taste and properties, white chocolate is used in a number products such as snack-foods - chips, cookies, popcorns and cupcakes; beverages - milkshakes, coffee and smoothies; and cosmetic - wax, nail enamel and oil. Owing to its expanding applications, the market for white chocolate is expected to reach a value of US$ 18.5 Billion by 2024.
The report has analysed the global white chocolate market on the basis of distribution channels, covering super- and hyper-markets, convenience stores, non-grocery retailers and others. The report has further segmented the market on the basis of region, covering Western Europe, North America, Eastern Europe, Asia, Latin America, Middle East and Africa and Australasia. Currently, Western Europe represents the largest region for white chocolate, accounting for the majority of the market share.
This report provides a deep insight into the global white chocolate industry covering all its essential aspects. This ranges from macro overview of the market to micro details of the industry performance, recent trends, key market drivers and challenges, SWOT analysis, Porter's five forces analysis, value chain analysis, etc. The report also provides a comprehensive analysis for setting up a white chocolate manufacturing plant. The study analyses the processing and manufacturing requirements, project cost, project funding, project economics, expected returns on investment, profit margins, etc. This report is a must-read for entrepreneurs, investors, consultants, and all those who have any kind of stake or are planning to foray into the white chocolate industry in any manner.
Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- How has the global white chocolate market performed so far and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What are the key regions in the global white chocolate market?
- What are the major distribution channels in the global white chocolate market?
- What are the price trends of white chocolate?
- What are the various stages in the value chain of the global white chocolate industry?
- What are the key driving factors and challenges in the global white chocolate industry?
- What is the structure of the global white chocolate industry and who are the key players?
- What is the degree of competition in the global white chocolate industry?
- What are the profit margins in the global white chocolate industry?
- What are the key requirements for setting up a white chocolate manufacturing plant?
- How is white chocolate manufactured?
- What are the various unit operations involved in a white chocolate manufacturing plant?
- What is the total size of land required for setting up a white chocolate manufacturing plant?
- What are the machinery requirements for setting up a white chocolate manufacturing plant?
- What are the raw material requirements for setting up a white chocolate manufacturing plant?
- What are the packaging requirements for white chocolate?
- What are the transportation requirements for white chocolate?
- What are the utility requirements for setting up a white chocolate manufacturing plant?
- What are the manpower requirements for setting up a white chocolate manufacturing plant?
- What are the infrastructure costs for setting up a white chocolate manufacturing plant?
- What are the capital costs for setting up a caramel white manufacturing plant?
- What are the operating costs for setting up a white chocolate manufacturing plant?
- What will be the income and expenditures for a white chocolate manufacturing plant?
- What is the time required to break-even?
Table of Contents
2 Scope and Methodology
- 2.1 Objectives of the Study
- 2.2 Stakeholders
- 2.3 Data Sources
- 2.3.1 Primary Sources
- 2.3.2 Secondary Sources
- 2.4 Market Estimation
- 2.4.1 Bottom-Up Approach
- 2.4.2 Top-Down Approach
- 2.5 Forecasting Methodology
3 Executive Summary
- 4.1 Overview
- 4.2 Key Industry Trends
5 Global Chocolate Industry
- 5.1 Market Overview
- 5.2 Market Performance
- 5.2.1 Volume Trends
- 5.2.2 Value Trends
- 5.3 Market Breakup by Region
- 5.4 Market Breakup by Product
- 5.5 Market Breakup by Packaging
- 5.6 Market Breakup by End-Use
- 5.7 Market Share of Key Players
- 5.8 Market Forecast
6 Global White Chocolate Industry
- 6.1 Market Overview
- 6.2 Market Performance
- 6.2.1 Volume Trends
- 6.2.2 Value Trends
- 6.3 Price Analysis
- 6.3.1 Key Price Indicators
- 6.3.2 Price Structure
- 6.3.3 Price Trends
- 6.4 Market by Region
- 6.5 Market by Distribution
- 6.6 Market Forecast
- 6.7 SWOT Analysis
- 6.7.1 Overview
- 6.7.2 Strength
- 6.7.3 Weakness
- 6.7.4 Opportunity
- 6.7.5 Threat
- 6.8 Value Chain Analysis
- 6.8.1 Overview
- 6.8.2 Cocoa Growers
- 6.8.3 Cocoa Grinders
- 6.8.4 Coverture/Industrial Chocolate Manufacturers
- 6.8.5 End Use Industries
- 6.8.6 Chocolate Manufacturers
- 6.8.7 Distributors
- 6.8.8 Exporters
- 6.8.9 Retailers
- 6.9 Porters Five Forces Analysis
- 6.9.1 Overview
- 6.9.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers
- 6.9.3 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
- 6.9.4 Degree of Rivalry
- 6.9.5 Threat of New Entrants
- 6.9.6 Threat of Substitutes
- 6.10 Key Success and Risk Factors
7 Performance of Key Regions
- 7.1 Western Europe
- 7.1.1 Market Trends
- 7.1.2 Market Forecast
- 7.2 North America
- 7.2.1 Market Trends
- 7.2.2 Market Forecast
- 7.3 Eastern Europe
- 7.3.1 Market Trends
- 7.3.2 Market Forecast
- 7.4 Asia
- 7.4.1 Market Trends
- 7.4.2 Market Forecast
- 7.5 Latin America
- 7.5.1 Market Trends
- 7.5.2 Market Forecast
- 7.6 Middle East and Africa
- 7.6.1 Market Trends
- 7.6.2 Market Forecast
- 7.7 Australasia
- 7.7.1 Market Trends
- 7.7.2 Market Forecast
8 Performance by Distribution Channel
- 8.1 Supermarkets and Hypermarkets
- 8.1.1 Market Trends
- 8.1.2 Market Forecast
- 8.2 Convenience Stores
- 8.2.1 Market Trends
- 8.2.2 Market Forecast
- 8.3 Non-Grocery Retailers
- 8.3.1 Market Trends
- 8.3.2 Market Forecast
- 8.4 Others
- 8.4.1 Market Trends
- 8.4.2 Market Forecast
9 Competitive Landscape
10 White Chocolate Manufacturing Process
- 10.1 Product Overview
- 10.2 Detailed Process Flow
- 10.3 Various Types of Unit Operations Involved
- 10.4 Mass Balance and Raw Material Requirements
11 Project Details, Requirements and Costs Involved
- 11.1 Land, Location and Site Development
- 11.2 Construction Requirements and Expenditures
- 11.3 Plant and Machinery
- 11.4 Machinery Pictures
- 11.5 Raw Materials Requirements and Expenditures
- 11.6 Raw Material and Final Product Pictures
- 11.7 Packaging Requirements and Expenditures
- 11.8 Transportation Requirements and Expenditures
- 11.9 Utilities Requirements and Expenditures
- 11.10 Manpower Requirements and Expenditures
- 11.11 Other Capital Investments
12 White Chocolate Manufacturing Plant: Loans and Financial Assistance
13 White Chocolate Manufacturing Plant: Project Economics
- 13.1 Capital Cost of the Project
- 13.2 Techno-Economic Parameters
- 13.3 Product Pricing and Margins Across Various Levels of the Supply Chain
- 13.4 Taxation and Depreciation
- 13.5 Income Projections
- 13.6 Expenditure Projections
- 13.7 Financial Analysis
- 13.8 Profit Analysis
14 Key Player Profiles