Product Code: SR1018G64_Report
Crunchy chocolate or wafer chocolate is mostly made by coating a piece of wafer with a layer of chocolate. However, sometimes nuts, fruits, cereals, etc. are also added along with a filling of delectable flavours such as honey, caramel and butterscotch to enhance its flavour. Nowadays, manufacturers are introducing crunchy chocolates which are not only delicious but also cater to the needs and demands of a health-conscious consumer-base. Hence, organic chocolate, vegan gluten-free chocolate and energy bars are emerging as the most sought-after chocolate types around the world. The latest report by IMARC Group titled, "Crunchy Chocolate Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2019-2024", finds that the global crunchy chocolate market reached a value of nearly US$ 3 Billion in 2018, growing at a CAGR of 6.5% during 2011-2018.
There are a number of uses of crunchy chocolate which have contributed in influencing its demand. Crumbs and chunks of crunchy chocolate are used with beverages such as coffee and smoothies, or are used to make chocolate sandwiches. Some of the other factors responsible for the growth in the demand for crunchy chocolates include premiumisation, thriving fast-food industry, expanding distribution channels, etc. As a result, the market for crunchy chocolate is expected to reach a value of US$ 3.5 Billion by 2024, growing at a CAGR of 4.5% during 2019-2024.
The report has analysed the global crunchy chocolate market on the basis of distribution channels, covering super- and hyper-markets, convenience stores, non-grocery retailers and others. The report has further segmented the market on the basis of region covering Western Europe, North America, Eastern Europe, Asia, Latin America, Middle East and Africa and Australasia. Currently, Western Europe represents the largest region for crunchy chocolate, accounting for the majority of the market share.
This report provides a deep insight into the global crunchy chocolate industry covering all its essential aspects. This ranges from macro overview of the market to micro details of the industry performance, recent trends, key market drivers and challenges, SWOT analysis, Porter's five forces analysis, value chain analysis, etc. The report also provides a comprehensive analysis for setting up a crunchy chocolate manufacturing plant. The study analyses the processing and manufacturing requirements, project cost, project funding, project economics, expected returns on investment, profit margins, etc. This report is a must-read for entrepreneurs, investors, consultants, and all those who have any kind of stake or are planning to foray into the crunchy chocolate industry in any manner.
Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- How has the global crunchy chocolate market performed so far and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What are the key regions in the global crunchy chocolate market?
- What are the major distribution channels in the global crunchy chocolate market?
- What are the price trends of crunchy chocolate?
- What are the various stages in the value chain of the global crunchy chocolate industry?
- What are the key driving factors and challenges in the global crunchy chocolate industry?
- What is the structure of the global crunchy chocolate industry and who are the key players?
- What is the degree of competition in the global crunchy chocolate industry?
- What are the profit margins in the global crunchy chocolate industry?
- What are the key requirements for setting up a crunchy chocolate manufacturing plant?
- How is crunchy chocolate manufactured?
- What are the various unit operations involved in a crunchy chocolate manufacturing plant?
- What is the total size of land required for setting up a crunchy chocolate manufacturing plant?
- What are the machinery requirements for setting up a crunchy chocolate manufacturing plant?
- What are the raw material requirements for setting up a crunchy chocolate manufacturing plant?
- What are the packaging requirements for crunchy chocolate?
- What are the transportation requirements for crunchy chocolate?
- What are the utility requirements for setting up a crunchy chocolate manufacturing plant?
- What are the manpower requirements for setting up a crunchy chocolate manufacturing plant?
- What are the infrastructure costs for setting up a crunchy chocolate manufacturing plant?
- What are the capital costs for setting up a crunchy chocolate manufacturing plant?
- What are the operating costs for setting up a crunchy chocolate manufacturing plant?
- What will be the income and expenditures for a crunchy chocolate manufacturing plant?
- What is the time required to break-even?
Table of Contents
2 Scope and Methodology
- 2.1 Objectives of the Study
- 2.2 Stakeholders
- 2.3 Data Sources
- 2.3.1 Primary Sources
- 2.3.2 Secondary Sources
- 2.4 Market Estimation
- 2.4.1 Bottom-Up Approach
- 2.4.2 Top-Down Approach
- 2.5 Forecasting Methodology
3 Executive Summary
- 4.1 Overview
- 4.2 Key Industry Trends
5 Global Chocolate Industry
- 5.1 Market Overview
- 5.2 Market Performance
- 5.2.1 Volume Trends
- 5.2.2 Value Trends
- 5.3 Market Breakup by Region
- 5.4 Market Breakup by Product
- 5.5 Market Breakup by Packaging
- 5.6 Market Breakup by End-Use
- 5.7 Market Share of Key Players
- 5.8 Market Forecast
6 Global Crunchy Chocolate Industry
- 6.1 Market Overview
- 6.2 Market Performance
- 6.2.1 Volume Trends
- 6.2.2 Value Trends
- 6.3 Price Analysis
- 6.3.1 Key Price Indicators
- 6.3.2 Price Structure
- 6.3.3 Price Trends
- 6.4 Market by Region
- 6.5 Market by Distribution Channel
- 6.6 Market Forecast
- 6.7 SWOT Analysis
- 6.7.1 Overview
- 6.7.2 Strengths
- 6.7.3 Weaknesses
- 6.7.4 Opportunities
- 6.7.5 Threats
- 6.8 Value Chain Analysis
- 6.8.1 Overview
- 6.8.2 Cocoa Growers
- 6.8.3 Cocoa Grinders
- 6.8.4 Coverture/Industrial Chocolate Manufacturers
- 6.8.5 End Use Industries
- 6.8.6 Chocolate Manufacturers
- 6.8.7 Distributors
- 6.8.8 Exporters
- 6.8.9 Retailers
- 6.9 Porters Five Forces Analysis
- 6.9.1 Overview
- 6.9.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers
- 6.9.3 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
- 6.9.4 Degree of Rivalry
- 6.9.5 Threat of New Entrants
- 6.9.6 Threat of Substitutes
- 6.10 Key Success and Risk Factors
7 Performance of Key Regions
- 7.1 Western Europe
- 7.1.1 Market Trends
- 7.1.2 Market Forecast
- 7.2 North America
- 7.2.1 Market Trends
- 7.2.2 Market Forecast
- 7.3 Eastern Europe
- 7.3.1 Market Trends
- 7.3.2 Market Forecast
- 7.4 Asia
- 7.4.1 Market Trends
- 7.4.2 Market Forecast
- 7.5 Latin America
- 7.5.1 Market Trends
- 7.5.2 Market Forecast
- 7.6 Middle East and Africa
- 7.6.1 Market Trends
- 7.6.2 Market Forecast
- 7.7 Australasia
- 7.7.1 Market Trends
- 7.7.2 Market Forecast
8 Performance by Distribution Channel
- 8.1 Supermarkets and Hypermarkets
- 8.1.1 Market Trends
- 8.1.2 Market Forecast
- 8.2 Convenience Stores
- 8.2.1 Market Trends
- 8.2.2 Market Forecast
- 8.3 Non-Grocery Retailers
- 8.3.1 Market Trends
- 8.3.2 Market Forecast
- 8.4 Others
- 8.4.1 Market Trends
- 8.4.2 Market Forecast
9 Competitive Landscape
10 Crunchy Chocolate Manufacturing Process
- 10.1 Product Overview
- 10.2 Detailed Process Flow
- 10.3 Various Types of Unit Operations Involved
- 10.4 Mass Balance and Raw Material Requirements
11 Project Details, Requirements and Costs Involved
- 11.1 Land, Location and Site Development
- 11.2 Construction Requirements and Expenditures
- 11.3 Plant Machinery
- 11.4 Machinery Pictures
- 11.5 Raw Materials Requirements and Expenditures
- 11.6 Raw Material and Final Product Pictures
- 11.7 Packaging Requirements and Expenditures
- 11.8 Transportation Requirements and Expenditures
- 11.9 Utilities Requirements and Expenditures
- 11.10 Manpower Requirements and Expenditures
- 11.11 Other Capital Investments
12 Crunchy Chocolate Manufacturing Plant: Loans and Financial Assistance
13 Crunchy Chocolate Manufacturing Plant: Project Economics
- 13.1 Capital Cost of the Project
- 13.2 Techno-Economic Parameters
- 13.3 Product Pricing and Margins Across Various Levels of the Supply Chain
- 13.4 Taxation and Depreciation
- 13.5 Income Projections
- 13.6 Expenditure Projections
- 13.7 Financial Analysis
- 13.8 Profit Analysis
14 Key Player Profiles