Product Code: SR1019C70_Report
After cellulose, starch is the most abundant carbohydrate in nature. It is present in seeds, roots and tubers of higher plants for energy storage. Starch can be extracted from a wide variety of agricultural products. These include - corn, cassava, wheat and potato and in a lesser amount from rice, barley, sorghum, sago, etc. Corn currently represents the most popular feedstock accounting for around 80% of the total global starch production.
Corn starch is obtained from the endosperm of the corn kernel and has wide applications as a food ingredient, sweeteners, ethanol, paper making, etc. The United States is currently the biggest producer of corn starch. The United States was followed by China and Europe. The top 5 players currently account for around one third of the total corn starch produced worldwide. Some of the key manufacturers of corn starch include Cargill, Ingredion, ADM, Tate & Lyle, Roquette etc. Looking forward, we expect the global corn starch market to grow at a CAGR of around 4% during the forecast period
IMARC's latest study "Corn Starch Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2019-2024" provides a techno-commercial roadmap for setting up a corn starch manufacturing plant. The study, which has been done by one of the world's leading research and advisory firms, covers all the requisite aspects of the corn starch industry. This ranges from macro overview of the market to micro details of the industry performance, processing and manufacturing requirements, project cost, project funding, project economics, expected returns on investment, profit margins, etc. This report is a must-read for entrepreneurs, investors, researchers, consultants, business strategists, and all those who are planning to foray into the corn starch industry in any manner.
Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- How has the global corn starch market performed so far and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What is the breakup of the global corn starch market on the basis of region?
- What is the breakup of the global corn starch market on the basis of type?
- What is the breakup of the global corn starch market on the basis of application?
- What is the structure of the corn starch industry and who are the key players?
- What are the various unit operations involved in a corn starch manufacturing plant?
- What is the total size of land required for setting up a corn starch manufacturing plant?
- What are the machinery requirements for setting up a corn starch manufacturing plant?
- What are the raw material requirements for setting up a corn starch manufacturing plant?
- What are the utility requirements for setting up a corn starch manufacturing plant?
- What are the manpower requirements for setting up a corn starch manufacturing plant?
- What are the infrastructure costs for setting up a corn starch manufacturing plant?
- What are the capital costs for setting up a corn starch manufacturing plant?
- What are the operating costs for setting up a corn starch manufacturing plant?
- What should be the pricing mechanism of corn starch?
- What will be the income and expenditures for a corn starch manufacturing plant?
- What is the time required to break-even?
Table of Contents
2 Scope and Methodology
- 2.1 Objectives of the Study
- 2.2 Stakeholders
- 2.3 Data Sources
- 2.3.1 Primary Sources
- 2.3.2 Secondary Sources
- 2.4 Market Estimation
- 2.4.1 Bottom-Up Approach
- 2.4.2 Top-Down Approach
- 2.5 Forecasting Methodology
3 Executive Summary
- 4.1 Overview
- 4.2 Key Industry Trends
5 Global Corn Industry
- 5.1 Market Overview
- 5.2 Production Volume Trends
- 5.3 Market Breakup by Region
- 5.4 Market Breakup by Feedstock
- 5.5 Market Breakup by Application
- 5.6 Market Forecast
6 Global Corn Starch Market
- 6.1 Market Overview
- 6.2 Market Performance
- 6.2.1 Volume Trends
- 6.2.2 Value Trends
- 6.3 Price Analysis
- 6.3.1 Key Price Indicators
- 6.3.2 Price Structure
- 6.3.3 Price Trends
- 6.4 Market Breakup by Category
- 6.5 Market Breakup by Application
- 6.6 Market Breakup by Region
- 6.7 Market Forecast
- 6.8 SWOT Analysis
- 6.8.1 Overview
- 6.8.2 Strengths
- 6.8.3 Weaknesses
- 6.8.4 Opportunities
- 6.8.5 Threats
- 6.9 Value Chain Analysis
- 6.9.1 Raw Material Procurement
- 6.9.2 Manufacturing
- 6.9.3 Marketing
- 6.9.4 Distribution
- 6.9.5 Export
- 6.9.6 End-Use
- 6.10 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
- 6.10.1 Overview
- 6.10.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers
- 6.10.3 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
- 6.10.4 Degree of Competition
- 6.10.5 Threat of New Entrants
- 6.10.6 Threat of Substitutes
- 6.11 Key Market Drivers and Success Factors
7 Market Breakup by Category
- 7.1 Native Starch
- 7.1.1 Market Trends
- 7.1.2 Market Forecast
- 7.2 Modified Starch
- 7.2.1 Market Trends
- 7.2.2 Market Forecast
- 7.3 Sweeteners
- 7.3.1 Market Trends
- 7.3.2 Market Forecast
8 Market Breakup by Application
- 8.1 Food & Beverages
- 8.1.1 Market Trends
- 8.1.2 Market Forecast
- 8.2 Animal Feed
- 8.2.1 Market Trends
- 8.2.2 Market Forecast
- 8.3 Pharmaceuticals & Chemicals
- 8.3.1 Market Trends
- 8.3.2 Market Forecast
- 8.4 Textile
- 8.4.1 Market Trends
- 8.4.2 Market Forecast
- 8.5 Paper & Corrugates
- 8.5.1 Market Trends
- 8.5.2 Market Forecast
- 8.6 Others
- 8.6.1 Market Trends
- 8.6.2 Market Forecast
9 Market Breakup by Region
- 9.1 United States
- 9.1.1 Market Trends
- 9.1.2 Market Forecast
- 9.2 China
- 9.2.1 Market Trends
- 9.2.2 Market Forecast
- 9.3 European Union
- 9.3.1 Market Trends
- 9.3.2 Market Forecast
- 9.4 Others
- 9.4.1 Market Trends
- 9.4.2 Market Forecast
10 Competitive Landscape
- 10.1 Market Structure
- 10.2 Market Breakup by Key Players
11 Corn Starch Manufacturing Process
- 11.1 Product Overview
- 11.2 Detailed Process Flow
- 11.3 Various Types of Unit Operations Involved
- 11.4 Mass Balance and Raw Material Requirements
12 Project Details, Requirements and Costs Involved
- 12.1 Land Requirements and Expenditures
- 12.2 Construction Requirements and Expenditures
- 12.3 Plant Machinery
- 12.4 Machinery Pictures
- 12.5 Raw Material Requirements and Expenditures
- 12.6 Raw Material and Final Product Pictures
- 12.7 Packaging Requirements and Expenditures
- 12.8 Transportation Requirements and Expenditures
- 12.9 Utility Requirements and Expenditures
- 12.10 Manpower Requirements and Expenditures
- 12.11 Other Capital Investments
13 Loans and Financial Assistance
14 Project Economics
- 14.1 Capital Cost of the Project
- 14.2 Techno-Economic Parameters
- 14.3 Product Pricing and Margins Across Various Levels of the Supply Chain
- 14.4 Taxation and Depreciation
- 14.5 Income Projections
- 14.6 Expenditure Projections
- 14.7 Financial Analysis
- 14.8 Profit Analysis
15 Key Player Profiles
- 15.1 Cargill
- 15.2 Ingredion
- 15.3 ADM
- 15.4 Tate & Lyle
- 15.5 Roquette