Product Code: SR1018H12_Report
TFT (Thin Film Transistor) is an active-matrix LCD along with an improved image quality where one transistor for every pixel controls the illumination of the display enabling an easy view even in bright environments. This technology currently represents the most popular LCD display technology and accounts for the majority of the global display market. Being light in weight, slim in construction, high in resolution with low power consumption, TFT's are gaining prominence in almost all the industries wherever displays are required. They find applications in various electronic goods such as cell phones, portable video game devices, televisions, laptops, desktops, etc. They are also used in automotive industry, navigation and medical equipment, laser pointer astronomy, SLR cameras and digital photo frames. According to IMARC Group, the global TFT LCD panel market has grown at a CAGR of 6% during 2011-2018, reaching a value of US$ 149.1 Billion in 2018.
The report titled "TFT LCD Panel Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2019-2024" provides a detailed insight into the global TFT LCD panel market. The report has segmented the market on the basis of size, technology, applications and major regions. On the basis of size, large sized panels dominated the global TFT LCD display market. Large sized panels were followed by the medium and small sized TFT-LCD panels. On the basis of technology, the report found that the 8th generation represented the most popular TFT LCD technology. On the basis of applications, the television industry accounted for the largest share in the global TFT LCD market. The television industry was followed by mobile phones, mobile PCs, monitors and the automotive industry. Geography-wise, North America represented the largest market accounting for more than one-third of the total global TFT LCD panel sales. North America was followed by Asia-Pacific and Europe. The report has also covered some of the major players operating in this market which include LG, SAMSUNG, INNOLUX, AUO and SHARP.
This report provides a deep insight into the global TFT LCD panel industry covering all its essential aspects. This ranges from macro overview of the market to micro details of the industry performance, recent trends, key market drivers and challenges, SWOT analysis, Porter's five forces analysis, value chain analysis, etc. The report also provides a comprehensive analysis for setting up a TFT LCD manufacturing plant. The study analyses the manufacturing requirements, project cost, project funding, project economics, expected returns on investment, profit margins, etc. This report is a must-read for entrepreneurs, investors, researchers, consultants, business strategists, and all those who have any kind of stake or are planning to foray into the TFT LCD panel industry in any manner.
Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- How has the global display panel market performed so far and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What are the key regions in the global display panel market?
- What are the key technologies in the display panel market?
- What are the key applications of the display panel market?
- How has the TFT-LCD display panel market performed so far and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What are the popular sizes in the global TFT-LCD display panel market?
- What are the key technologies in the global TFT-LCD display panel market?
- What are the key applications of the global TFT-LCD display panel market?
- What are the various stages in the value chain of the TFT-LCD display panel industry?
- What are the key driving factors and challenges in the TFT-LCD display panel industry?
- What is the structure of the TFT-LCD display panel industry and who are the key players?
- What is the degree of competition in the TFT-LCD display panel industry?
- What are the profit margins in the TFT-LCD display panel market?
- What are the key requirements for setting up a TFT-LCD display panel manufacturing plant?
- How is TFT-LCD display panel manufactured?
- What are the various unit operations involved in a TFT-LCD display panel manufacturing plant?
- What is the total size of land required for setting up a TFT-LCD display panel manufacturing plant?
- What are the machinery requirements for setting up a TFT-LCD display panel manufacturing plant?
- What are the raw material requirements for setting up a TFT-LCD display panel manufacturing plant?
- What are the packaging requirements for TFT-LCD display panel?
- What are the transportation requirements for TFT-LCD display panel?
- What are the utility requirements for setting up a TFT-LCD display panel plant?
- What are the manpower requirements for setting up a TFT-LCD display panel manufacturing plant?
- What are the infrastructure costs for setting up a TFT-LCD display panel manufacturing plant?
- What are the capital costs for setting up a TFT-LCD display panel manufacturing plant?
- What are the operating costs for setting up a TFT-LCD display panel manufacturing plant?
- What will be the income and expenditures for a TFT-LCD display panel manufacturing plant?
- What is the time required to break-even?
Table of Contents
2 Scope and Methodology
- 2.1 Objectives of the Study
- 2.2 Stakeholders
- 2.3 Data Sources
- 2.3.1 Primary Sources
- 2.3.2 Secondary Sources
- 2.4 Market Estimation
- 2.4.1 Bottom-Up Approach
- 2.4.2 Top-Down Approach
- 2.5 Forecasting Methodology
3 Executive Summary
- 4.1 Overview
- 4.2 Key Industry Trends
5 Global Display Industry
- 5.1 Market Overview
- 5.2 Market Performance
- 5.3 Market Breakup by Technology
- 5.4 Market Breakup by Application
- 5.5 Market Forecast
6 Global TFT-LCD Display Panel Industry
- 6.1 Market Overview
- 6.2 Market Performance
- 6.2.1 Volume Trends
- 6.2.2 Value Trends
- 6.3 Price Analysis
- 6.3.1 Key Price Indicators
- 6.3.2 Price Structure
- 6.3.3 Margin Analysis
- 6.4 Market Breakup by Region
- 6.5 Market Breakup by Size and Technology
- 6.6 Market Breakup by Application
- 6.7 Market Forecast
- 6.8 SWOT Analysis
- 6.8.1 Overview
- 6.8.2 Strengths
- 6.8.3 Weaknesses
- 6.8.4 Opportunities
- 6.8.5 Threats
- 6.9 Value Chain Analysis
- 6.9.1 Raw Material Procurement
- 6.9.2 Manufacturer
- 6.9.3 Marketing and Distribution
- 6.9.4 Retailer
- 6.9.5 Exporter
- 6.9.6 End-User
- 6.10 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
- 6.10.1 Overview
- 6.10.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers
- 6.10.3 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
- 6.10.4 Degree of Competition
- 6.10.5 Threat of New Entrants
- 6.10.6 Threat of Substitutes
- 6.11 Key Market Drivers and Success Factors
7 TFT-LCD Display Panel Market: Breakup by Size
- 7.1 Large Size TFT-LCD Display Panel
- 7.1.1 Market Trends
- 7.1.2 Market Forecast
- 7.2 Medium and Small Size TFT-LCD Display Panel
- 7.2.1 Market Trends
- 7.2.2 Market Forecast
8 TFT-LCD Display Panel Market: Breakup by Application
- 8.1 Television
- 8.1.1 Market Trends
- 8.1.2 Market Forecast
- 8.2 Mobile Phones
- 8.2.1 Market Trends
- 8.2.2 Market Forecast
- 8.3 Mobile PCs
- 8.3.1 Market Trends
- 8.3.2 Market Forecast
- 8.4 Monitors
- 8.4.1 Market Trends
- 8.4.2 Market Forecast
- 8.5 Automotive
- 8.5.1 Market Trends
- 8.5.2 Market Forecast
- 8.6 Others
- 8.6.1 Market Trends
- 8.6.2 Market Forecast
9 TFT-LCD Display Panel Market: Performance of Key Regions
- 9.1 North America
- 9.1.1 Market Trends
- 9.1.2 Market Forecast
- 9.2 Asia Pacific
- 9.2.1 Market Trends
- 9.2.2 Market Forecast
- 9.3 Europe
- 9.3.1 Market Trends
- 9.3.2 Market Forecast
- 9.4 Middle East and Africa
- 9.4.1 Market Trends
- 9.4.2 Market Forecast
- 9.5 Latin America
- 9.5.1 Market Trends
- 9.5.2 Market Forecast
10 Competitive Landscape
- 10.1 Market Structure
- 10.2 Market Breakup by Key Players
11 TFT-LCD Display Panel Manufacturing Process
- 11.1 Product Overview
- 11.2 Detailed Process Flow
- 11.3 Various Types of Unit Operations Involved
- 11.4 Mass Balance and Raw Material Requirements
12 Project Details, Requirements and Costs Involved
- 12.1 Land Requirements and Expenditures
- 12.2 Construction Requirements and Expenditures
- 12.3 Plant Machinery
- 12.4 Raw Material Requirements and Expenditures
- 12.5 Packaging Requirements and Expenditures
- 12.6 Transportation Requirements and Expenditures
- 12.7 Utility Requirements and Expenditures
- 12.8 Manpower Requirements and Expenditures
- 12.9 Other Capital Investments
13 Loans and Financial Assistance
14 Project Economics
- 14.1 Capital Cost of the Project
- 14.2 Techno-Economic Parameters
- 14.3 Product Pricing and Margins Across Various Levels of the Supply Chain
- 14.4 Taxation and Depreciation
- 14.5 Income Projections
- 14.6 Expenditure Projections
- 14.7 Financial Analysis
- 14.8 Profit Analysis
15 Key Player Profiles
- 15.1 LG Electronics Inc.
- 15.1.1 Company Overview
- 15.1.2 Company Description
- 15.1.3 Operations
- 15.1.4 Strategy
- 15.1.5 SWOT Analysis
- 15.2 Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd.
- 15.2.1 Company Overview
- 15.2.2 Company Description
- 15.2.3 Operations
- 15.2.4 Strategy
- 15.2.5 SWOT Analysis
- 15.3 Innolux Corporation
- 15.3.1 Company Overview
- 15.3.2 Company Description
- 15.4 AU Optronics Corp.
- 15.4.1 Company Overview
- 15.4.2 Company Description
- 15.4.3 Operations
- 15.4.4 SWOT Analysis
- 15.5 Sharp Corporation
- 15.5.1 Company Overview
- 15.5.2 Company Description
- 15.5.3 Strategy
- 15.5.4 SWOT Analysis