Product Code: SR1019A93_Report
Biofertilizers are natural fertilizers made from biological wastes which contain living micro-organisms. Unlike chemical fertilizers, biofertilizers are environment friendly. They enrich the soil with organic nutrients and improve the fertility of the soil which in turn promotes a healthy growth of the plant or the crop. Biofertilizers also make the plants disease resistant and help solve problems like increased salinity of the soil. In recent times, the understanding of environmental hazards of chemical fertilizers, mainly pollution and contamination of the soil and the food chain has pushed the demand of bio-fertilizers in the agriculture sector. Growing health concerns have also urged people to adopt organic foods. As the use of biofertilizers is mandatory in organic farming, the biofertilizer market is experiencing a strong growth all over the world. Another major factor driving the demand of biofertilizers is the increasing implementation of regulatory policies by various governments that favour the use of biofertilizers. According to IMARC Group, the global biofertilizer market was worth more than US$ 1.8 Billion in 2018, growing at a CAGR of around 14.3% during 2011-2018.
The report has segmented the market on the basis of biofertilizer type. Currently, nitrogen fixing biofertilizers like Rhizobium, Azotobacter, Azospirillum, etc. represent the biggest segment of the global biofertilizer market. Nitrogen fixing biofertilizers are followed by phosphate fixing biofertilizers. The report has also mapped the demand of the biofertilizer market across various regions. They include Asia, North America, Europe and others.
IMARC's latest report "Biofertilizer Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2019-2024" provides a comprehensive study for setting up a biofertilizer manufacturing plant. The study covers all the requisite aspects of the biofertilizer market. This ranges from macro overview of the market to micro details of the industry performance, processing and manufacturing requirements, project cost, project funding, project economics, expected returns on investment, profit margins, etc.
Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- How has the biofertilizers market performed so far and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What are the key regional markets in the global biofertilizers industry?
- What are the key product types in the global biofertilizers industry?
- What are the key crop types in the global biofertilizers industry?
- What are the Major microorganism in the global biofertilizers industry?
- What are the price trends of biofertilizers?
- What are the various stages in the value chain of the biofertilizers industry?
- What are the key driving factors and challenges in the biofertilizers industry?
- What is the structure of the biofertilizers industry and who are the key players?
- What is the degree of competition in the biofertilizers industry?
- What are the profit margins in the biofertilizers industry?
- What are the key requirements for setting up a biofertilizer manufacturing plant?
- How are biofertilizers manufactured?
- What are the various unit operations involved in a biofertilizer manufacturing plant?
- What is the total size of land required for setting up a biofertilizer manufacturing plant?
- What are the machinery requirements for setting up a biofertilizer manufacturing plant?
- What are the raw material requirements for setting up a biofertilizer manufacturing plant?
- What are the packaging requirements for biofertilizers?
- What are the transportation requirements for biofertilizers?
- What are the utility requirements for setting up a biofertilizer manufacturing plant?
- What are the manpower requirements for setting up a biofertilizer manufacturing plant?
- What are the infrastructure costs for setting up a biofertilizer manufacturing plant?
- What are the capital costs for setting up a biofertilizer manufacturing plant?
- What are the operating costs for setting up a biofertilizer manufacturing plant?
- What will be the income and expenditures for a biofertilizer manufacturing plant?
- What is the time required to break-even?
Table of Contents
2 Scope and Methodology
- 2.1 Objectives of the Study
- 2.2 Stakeholders
- 2.3 Data Sources
- 2.3.1 Primary Sources
- 2.3.2 Secondary Sources
- 2.4 Market Estimation
- 2.4.1 Bottom-Up Approach
- 2.4.2 Top-Down Approach
- 2.5 Forecasting Methodology
3 Executive Summary
- 4.1 Overview
- 4.2 Key Industry Trends
5 Global Biofertilizer Industry
- 5.1 Market Overview
- 5.2 Market Performance
- 5.2.1 Volume Trends
- 5.2.2 Value Trends
- 5.3 Price Analysis
- 5.3.1 Key Price Indicators
- 5.3.2 Price Structure
- 5.3.3 Price Trends
- 5.4 Market Breakup by Region
- 5.5 Market Breakup by Type
- 5.6 Market Breakup by Crop
- 5.7 Market Breakup by Microorganism
- 5.8 Market Breakup by Mode of Application
- 5.9 Market Forecast
- 5.10 SWOT Analysis
- 5.10.1 Overview
- 5.10.2 Strengths
- 5.10.3 Weaknesses
- 5.10.4 Opportunities
- 5.10.5 Threats
- 5.11 Value Chain Analysis
- 5.11.1 Overview
- 5.11.2 Research and Development
- 5.11.3 Raw Material Procurement
- 5.11.4 Manufacturing
- 5.11.5 Marketing
- 5.11.6 Distribution
- 5.11.7 End-Use
- 5.12 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
- 5.12.1 Overview
- 5.12.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers
- 5.12.3 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
- 5.12.4 Degree of Competition
- 5.12.5 Threat of New Entrants
- 5.12.6 Threat of Substitutes
- 5.13 Key Market Drivers and Success Factors
6 Performance of Key Regions
- 6.1 Asia Pacific
- 6.1.1 Market Trends
- 6.1.2 Market Forecast
- 6.2 North America
- 6.2.1 Market Trends
- 6.2.2 Market Forecast
- 6.3 Europe
- 6.3.1 Market Trends
- 6.3.2 Market Forecast
- 6.4 Others
- 6.4.1 Market Trends
- 6.4.2 Market Forecast
7 Market Breakup by Type
- 7.1 Nitrogen-Fixing Biofertilizers
- 7.1.1 Market Trends
- 7.1.2 Market Forecast
- 7.2 Phosphate-Fixing Biofertilizers
- 7.2.1 Market Trends
- 7.2.2 Market Forecast
- 7.3 Others
- 7.3.1 Market Trends
- 7.3.2 Market Forecast
8 Market Breakup by Crop
- 8.1 Cereals and Grains
- 8.1.1 Market Trends
- 8.1.2 Market Forecast
- 8.2 Pulses and Oilseeds
- 8.2.1 Market Trends
- 8.2.2 Market Forecast
- 8.3 Fruits and Vegetables
- 8.3.1 Market Trends
- 8.3.2 Market Forecast
- 8.4 Others
- 8.4.1 Market Trends
- 8.4.2 Market Forecast
9 Market Breakup by Microorganism
- 9.1 Azotobacter
- 9.1.1 Market Trends
- 9.1.2 Market Forecast
- 9.2 Azospirillum
- 9.2.1 Market Trends
- 9.2.2 Market Forecast
- 9.3 Rhizobium
- 9.3.1 Market Trends
- 9.3.2 Market Forecast
- 9.4 Others
- 9.4.1 Market Trends
- 9.4.2 Market Forecast
10 Market Breakup by Mode of Application
- 10.1 Seed Treatment
- 10.1.1 Market Trends
- 10.1.2 Market Forecast
- 10.2 Soil Treatment
- 10.2.1 Market Trends
- 10.2.2 Market Forecast
- 10.3 Others
- 10.3.1 Market Trends
- 10.3.2 Market Forecast
11 Competitive Landscape
- 11.1 Market Structure
- 11.2 Key Player
12 Biofertilizer Manufacturing Process
- 12.1 Product Overview
- 12.2 Detailed Process Flow
- 12.3 Various Types of Unit Operations Involved
- 12.4 Mass Balance and Raw Material Requirements
13 Project Details, Requirements and Costs Involved
- 13.1 Land Requirements and Expenditures
- 13.2 Construction Requirements and Expenditures
- 13.3 Plant Layout
- 13.4 Plant Machinery
- 13.5 Raw Material Requirements and Expenditures
- 13.6 Packaging Requirements and Expenditures
- 13.7 Transportation Requirements and Expenditures
- 13.8 Utility Requirements and Expenditures
- 13.9 Manpower Requirements and Expenditures
- 13.10 Other Capital Investments
14 Loans and Financial Assistance
15 Project Economics
- 15.1 Capital Cost of the Project
- 15.2 Techno-Economic Parameters
- 15.3 Product Pricing and Margins Across Various Levels of the Supply Chain
- 15.4 Taxation and Depreciation
- 15.5 Income Projections
- 15.6 Expenditure Projections
- 15.7 Financial Analysis
- 15.8 Profit Analysis
16 Key Player Profiles
- 16.1 Novozymes A/S
- 16.2 National Fertilizers Limited
- 16.3 Madras Fertilizers Limited
- 16.4 Gujarat State Fertilizers & Chemicals Ltd.
- 16.5 Rizobacter Argentina S.A.
- 16.6 T.Stanes & Company Limited
- 16.7 Camson Bio Technologies Limited
- 16.8 Rashtriya Chemicals & Fertilizers Ltd.
- 16.9 Lallemand Inc.
- 16.10 Nutramax Laboratories