Product Code: SR1018A75_Report
Light-emitting diodes (LEDs) are semiconductor devices that generate non-coherent, narrow-spectrum light when forward voltage is applied. The first LED was an infrared-emitting device patented in 1961 and the first practical visible spectrum LED was developed in 1962. Currently, LEDs are incorporated into bulbs and fixtures for general lighting applications. A well designed LED lighting system has several advantages over the conventional lighting system using incandescent or florescent technologies such as better efficiency, durability, versatility, smaller in size, longer-lasting and environment-friendly. Another big advantage of using LED lighting system is that it does not radiate heat as in incandescent or florescent light bulbs. A heat sink, which is a passive device, draws away the heat from LEDs by absorbing it and dispersing it into the surrounding environment. This prevents LED products from getting overheated or burnt-out.
In Vietnam, LED technology was first introduced in traffic lights and the advertisement industry. The apparent advantages of the LED technology in lighting system have driven its use in several other sectors also. Across Vietnam, incandescent bulbs, especially in street lighting, are being replaced with LED bulbs. The Vietnamese government is vigorously endorsing the use of LED lighting through two major projects - Vietnam Energy Efficient Public Lighting Project (VEEPL) and Vietnam National Energy Efficiency Plan (VNEEP) - aiming to reduce energy consumption and carbon footprints. Driven by its numerous advantages over conventional lighting technologies, the market for LED lighting in Vietnam is witnessing robust growth and is expected to dominate the country's lighting industry in the coming years.
IMARC's latest study "Vietnam LED Market (SMD LEDs, Modules and Fixtures): Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2018-2023" provides a techno-commercial roadmap for setting up an LED manufacturing plant in Vietnam. The study, which has been done by one of the world's leading research and advisory firms, covers all the requisite aspects of the LED market. This ranges from macro overview of the market to micro details of the industry performance, processing and manufacturing requirements, project cost, project funding, project economics including expected returns on investment, profit margins, etc. This report is a must-read for entrepreneurs, investors, researchers, consultants, business strategists, and all those who have any kind of stake or are planning to foray into the Vietnam LED industry in any manner.
Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- How has the global LED lighting market performed so far and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What are the key regional markets in the global LED lighting industry?
- Which are the key application areas in the global LED lighting industry?
- What are the key product types in the global LED lighting industry?
- How has the Vietnam LED lighting market performed so far and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What are the key product types in the Vietnam LED lighting industry?
- Which are the key end-use industries in the Vietnam LED lighting industry?
- What are the various stages in the value chain of the LED lighting industry?
- What are the key driving factors and challenges in the LED lighting industry?
- What is the structure of the Vietnam LED lighting industry and who are the key players?
- What is the degree of competition in the Vietnam LED lighting industry?
- What are the profit margins in the Vietnam LED lighting industry?
- What are the key requirements for setting up a LED lighting manufacturing plant?
- How is SMD LED manufactured?
- How is SMD LED module manufactured?
- How is SMD LED based street light manufactured?
- What are the various unit operations involved in a SMD LED based street light plant?
- What is the total size of land required for setting up a SMD LED based street light plant?
- What are the machinery requirements for setting up a SMD LED based street light plant?
- What are the raw material requirements for setting up a SMD LED based street light plant?
- What are the packaging requirements for SMD LED, SMD LED module and SMD LED based street light?
- What are the transportation requirements for SMD LED, SMD LED module and SMD LED based street light?
- What are the utility requirements for setting up a SMD LED based street light plant?
- What are the manpower requirements for setting up a SMD LED based street light plant?
- What are the infrastructure costs for setting up a SMD LED based street light plant?
- What are the capital costs for setting up a SMD LED based street light plant?
- What are the operating costs for setting up a SMD LED based street light plant?
- What will be the income and expenditures for a SMD LED based street light plant?
- What is the time required to break-even?
Table of Contents
2. Research Methodology
3. Executive Summary
- 4.1. Overview
- 4.2. Key Industry Trends
5. Global LED Lighting Industry
- 5.1. Market Overview
- 5.2. Market Performance
- 5.2.1. Volume Trends
- 5.2.2. Value Trends
- 5.3. Market Breakup by Region
- 5.4. Market Breakup by Application
- 5.5. Market by LED Products: LED Lamps, Modules and Fixtures
- 5.5.1. Current and Historical Market Trends
- 5.5.2. Market Forecast
- 5.6. Market Forecast
6. Vietnam Lighting Industry
- 6.1. Market Overview
- 6.2. Market Performance
- 6.3. Market Breakup by Application
- 6.4. Market Breakup by Technology
- 6.5. Market Forecast
7. Vietnam LED Industry
- 7.1. Market Overview
- 7.2. Market Performance
- 7.3. Market Breakup by Product Type
- 7.4. Market Forecast
- 7.5. SWOT Analysis
- 7.5.1. Strengths
- 7.5.2. Weaknesses
- 7.5.3. Opportunities
- 7.5.4. Threats
- 7.6. Value Chain Analysis
- 7.7. Porter's Five Forces Analysis
- 7.7.1. Overview
- 7.7.2. Bargaining Power of Buyers
- 7.7.3. Bargaining Power of Suppliers
- 7.7.4. Degree of Competition
- 7.7.5. Threat of New Entrants
- 7.7.6. Threat of Substitutes
- 7.8. Key Market Drivers and Success Factors
- 7.9. Key Risk Factors for LED Manufacturers
- 7.10. Comparison of LED's with Conventional Lighting Technologies
8. Market by Product Type
- 8.1. Bulb and Tube Light
- 8.2. Panel Light
- 8.3. Street Light
- 8.4. Down Light
- 8.5. Flood Light
9. Market by Application
- 9.1. Commercial Application
- 9.2. Residential Application
- 9.3. Institutional Application
- 9.4. Industrial Application
10. Competitive Landscape
- 10.1. Market Structure
- 10.2. Market Breakup by Key Players
11. SMD LED Manufacturing Process
- 11.1. Product Overview
- 11.2. Detailed Process Flow
- 11.3. Various Types of Unit Operations Involved
- 11.4. Mass Balance and Raw Material Requirements
- 11.5. Major Machinery Pictures
12. SMD LED Module Manufacturing Process
- 12.1. Product Overview
- 12.2. Detailed Process Flow
- 12.3. Various Types of Unit Operations Involved
- 12.4. Mass Balance and Raw Material Requirements
- 12.5. Major Machinery Pictures
13. SMD LED based Fixture (Street Light) Manufacturing Process
- 13.1. Product Overview
- 13.2. Detailed Process Flow
- 13.3. Various Types of Unit Operations Involved
- 13.4. Mass Balance and Raw Material Requirements
- 13.5. Major Machinery Pictures
14. Project Details, Requirements and Costs Involved
- 14.1. Land Requirements and Expenditures
- 14.2. Construction Requirements and Expenditures
- 14.3. Plant Machinery
- 14.4. Raw Material Requirements and Expenditures
- 14.5. Raw Material and Final Product Pictures
- 14.6. Packaging Requirements and Expenditures
- 14.7. Transportation Requirements and Expenditures
- 14.8. Utility Requirements and Expenditures
- 14.9. Manpower Requirements and Expenditures
- 14.10. Other Capital Investments
15. Loans and Financial Assistance
16. Project Economics
- 16.1. Capital Cost of the Project
- 16.2. Techno-Economic Parameters
- 16.3. Product Pricing and Margins Across Various Levels of the Supply Chain
- 16.4. Taxation and Depreciation
- 16.5. Income Projections
- 16.6. Expenditure Projections
- 16.7. Financial Analysis
- 16.8. Profit Analysis
17. Key Player Profiles