Product Code: SR1018G44_Report
The global ceramic tiles market was worth around US$ 70.9 Billion in 2018, representing a CAGR of 9.1% during 2011-2018. The market is further projected to cross US$ 107.2 Billion by 2024, exhibiting a CAGR of 7.2% during 2019-2024. Ceramic tiles are thin slabs predominantly made of naturally occurring minerals like clay, silica sand, feldspar and dolomite. Compared to their counterparts, ceramic tiles are durable, provide substantial resistance to high temperature and can withstand exposure to caustic or acidic chemicals. Apart from this, owing to their lightweight, anti-skid and anti-bacterial properties, these tiles are preferred for use in hospitals, hotels, laboratories and pharmaceutical manufacturing facilities where hygiene is of prime importance. Further, due to their aesthetic appearance and availability of different product variants, ceramic tiles have emerged as a good alternative to hardwood and other flooring products like marble, concrete, etc.
Global Ceramic Tiles Market Drivers:
- Ceramic tiles provide different glaze options and styles which range from traditional to western. With consumers seeking stylish and less expensive flooring options, the demand for ceramic tiles has significantly increased over the past few years.
- Ceramic tiles manufacturing is an environment-friendly process as they are mostly composed of naturally occurring minerals. Recent technological advancements have also enabled the manufacturers to further reduce the emissions of carbon and other harmful gases during the production of ceramic tiles.
- The arrival of new processes, such as incorporation of spray drying of clays, pressing and firing of tiles, etc., and special equipment for selection, manipulation and control, have enabled the manufacturers to produce ceramic tiles in different shapes, sizes and textures.
- Rapid industrialization, rising urbanization rates and inflating per capita income, especially in the emerging economies such as China, India, Brazil and Russia, have resulted in the increasing construction in the residential, commercial and industrial sector, thereby, escalating the demand for flooring products like ceramic tiles.
Breakup by Product Type:
- On the basis of product type, ceramic floor tiles dominate the market, accounting for more than a half of the total market. These tiles find applications in the residential and institutional sectors on account of their low cost, ease-of-use, and availability in varied shapes and sizes. Ceramic floor tiles are followed by wall tiles and others.
Breakup by Application:
- According to the ceramic tiles market report, residential sector represents the leading segment, holding the majority of the global market. Owing to the low cost and aesthetic appearance of the ceramic tiles, they are majorly utilized in apartments, high-rise buildings and individual houses. Other major segments include commercial applications and replacements.
- On a geographical front, China is the largest producer, consumer and exporter of ceramic tiles. This can be attributed to the wide availability of raw materials and low labor costs in the region. China is followed by Brazil, India, Vietnam and Indonesia.
The market is fragmented with the presence of a large number of unorganized manufacturers. Some of the biggest players operating in the market are:
- Mohawk Industries Inc.
- Siam Cement
- RAK Ceramics
- Ceramica Carmelo Fior
- This report provides a deep insight into the global ceramic tiles industry covering all its essential aspects. This ranges from macro overview of the market to micro details of the industry performance, recent trends, key market drivers and challenges, SWOT analysis, Porter's five forces analysis, value chain analysis, etc. The report also provides a comprehensive analysis for setting up a ceramic tile manufacturing plant. The study analyses the processing and manufacturing requirements, project cost, project funding, project economics, expected returns on investment, profit margins, etc. This report is a must-read for entrepreneurs, investors, researchers, consultants, business strategists, and all those who have any kind of stake or are planning to foray into the ceramic tiles industry in any manner.
Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- How has the global ceramic tiles market performed so far and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What are the key regional markets in the global ceramic tiles industry?
- What are the popular product types in the global ceramic tiles industry?
- What are the major applications in the global ceramic tiles industry?
- What are the price trends of ceramic tiles?
- What are the various stages in the value chain of the global ceramic tiles industry?
- What are the key driving factors and challenges in theglobal ceramic tiles industry?
- What is the structure of the global ceramic tiles industry and who are the key players?
- What is the degree of competition in the global ceramic tiles industry?
- What are the profit margins in the ceramic tiles industry?
- What are the key requirements for setting up ceramic tiles manufacturing plant?
- How are ceramic tiles manufactured?
- What are the various unit operations involved in ceramic tiles manufacturing plant?
- What is the total size of land required for setting up ceramic tiles manufacturing plant?
- What are the machinery requirements for setting up ceramic tiles manufacturing plant?
- What are the raw material requirements for setting up ceramic tiles manufacturing plant?
- What are the packaging requirements for ceramic tiles?
- What are the transportation requirements for ceramic tiles?
- What are the utility requirements for setting up ceramic tiles manufacturing plant?
- What are the manpower requirements for setting up ceramic tiles manufacturing plant?
- What are the infrastructure costs for setting up ceramic tiles manufacturing plant?
- What are the capital costs for setting up ceramic tiles manufacturing plant?
- What are the operating costs for setting up ceramic tiles manufacturing plant?
- What will be the income and expenditures for ceramic tiles manufacturing plant?
- What is the time required to break-even?
Table of Contents
2. Scope and Methodology
- 2.1. Objectives of the Study
- 2.2. Stakeholders
- 2.3. Data Sources
- 2.3.1. Primary Sources
- 2.3.2. Secondary Sources
- 2.4. Market Estimation
- 2.4.1. Bottom-Up Approach
- 2.4.2. Top-Down Approach
- 2.5. Forecasting Methodology
3. Executive Summary
- 4.1. Overview
- 4.2. Key Industry Trends
5. Global Ceramic Tiles Industry
- 5.1. Market Overview
- 5.2. Market Performance
- 5.2.1. Volume Trends
- 5.2.2. Value Trends
- 5.3. Price Analysis
- 5.3.1. Key Price Indicators
- 5.3.2. Price Structure
- 5.3.2. Price Trends
- 5.4. Market Breakup by Region
- 5.5. Market Breakup by Type
- 5.6. Market Breakup by Application
- 5.7. Market Forecast
- 5.8. Trade Data
- 5.8.1. Imports
- 5.8.2. Exports
- 5.9. SWOT Analysis
- 5.9.1. Overview
- 5.9.2. Strengths
- 5.9.3. Weaknesses
- 5.9.4. Opportunities
- 5.9.5. Threats
- 5.10. Value Chain Analysis
- 5.10.1. Raw Material Suppliers
- 5.10.2. Manufactures
- 5.10.3. Distributors
- 5.10.4. Exporters
- 5.10.5. Retailers
- 5.10.6. End-Users
- 5.11. Porter's Five Forces Analysis
- 5.11.1. Overview
- 5.11.2. Bargaining Power of Buyers
- 5.11.3. Bargaining Power of Suppliers
- 5.11.4. Degree of Rivalry
- 5.11.5. Threat of New Entrants
- 5.11.6. Threat of Substitutes
- 5.12. Key Market Drivers and Success Factors
6. Performance of Key Regions
- 6.1. China
- 6.1.1. Market Trends
- 6.1.2. Market Forecast
- 6.2. Brazil
- 6.2.1. Market Trends
- 6.2.2. Market Forecast
- 6.3. India
- 6.3.1. Market Trends
- 6.3.2. Market Forecast
- 6.4. Vietnam
- 6.4.1. Market Trends
- 6.4.2. Market Forecast
- 6.5. Indonesia
- 6.5.1. Market Trends
- 6.5.2. Market Forecast
- 6.6. Others
- 6.6.1. Market Trends
- 6.6.2. Market Forecast
7. Market Breakup by Type
- 7.1. Floor Tiles
- 7.1.1. Market Trends
- 7.1.2. Market Forecast
- 7.2. Wall Tiles
- 7.2.1. Market Trends
- 7.2.2. Market Forecast
- 7.3. Others
- 7.3.1. Market Trends
- 7.3.2. Market Forecast
8. Market Breakup by Application
- 8.1. Residential Applications
- 8.1.1. Market Trends
- 8.1.2. Market Forecast
- 8.2. Commercial Applications
- 8.2.1. Market Trends
- 8.2.2. Market Forecast
- 8.3. Replacement Applications
- 8.3.1. Market Trends
- 8.3.2. Market Forecast
9. Competitive Landscape
- 9.1. Competitive Structure
- 9.2. Ceramic Tiles Production by Key Players
10. Ceramic Tiles Manufacturing Process
- 10.1. Product Overview
- 10.2. Detailed Process Flow
- 10.3. Various Types of Unit Operations Involved
- 10.4. Mass Balance and Raw Material Requirements
11. Project Details, Requirements and Costs Involved
- 11.1. Land Requirements and Expenditures
- 11.2. Construction Requirements and Expenditures
- 11.3. Plant Machinery
- 11.4. Machinery Pictures
- 11.5. Raw Material Requirements and Expenditures
- 11.6. Raw Material and Final Product Pictures
- 11.7. Packaging Requirements and Expenditures
- 11.8. Transportation Requirements and Expenditures
- 11.9. Utility Requirements and Expenditures
- 11.10. Manpower Requirements and Expenditures
- 11.11. Other Capital Investments
12. Loans and Financial Assistance
13. Project Economics
- 13.1. Capital Cost of the Project
- 13.2. Techno-Economic Parameters
- 13.3. Product Pricing and Margin Across the Various Levels of the Supply Chain
- 13.4. Taxation and Depreciation
- 13.5. Income Projections
- 13.6. Expenditure Projections
- 13.7. Financial Analysis
- 13.8. Profit Analysis
14. Key Player Profiles
- 14.1. Mohawk Industries Inc
- 14.1.1. Company Overview
- 14.1.2. Description
- 14.1.3. Product Portfolio
- 14.1.4. Financials
- 14.2. Siam Cement
- 14.2.1. Company Overview
- 14.2.2. Description
- 14.2.3. Product Portfolio
- 14.2.4. Financials
- 14.3. Lamosa
- 14.3.1. Company Overview
- 14.3.2. Description
- 14.3.3. Product Portfolio
- 14.3.4. Financials
- 14.4. RAK Ceramics
- 14.4.1. Company overview
- 14.4.2. Description
- 14.4.3. Product Portfolio
- 14.5. Ceramica Carmelo Fior
- 14.5.1. Company Overview
- 14.5.2. Description
- 14.5.3. Product Overview