Product Code: SR1018H2_Report
The global instant noodles market reached a value of US$ 42.2 Billion in 2018, registering a CAGR of 6.2% during 2011-2018. The market value is further projected to reach around US$ 57.5 Billion by 2024, growing at a CAGR of 5.2% during 2019-2024. Instant noodles are made up of fine wheat flour along with a mixture of alkaline salts. Various additional ingredients are also added to the dough in smaller quantities such as starch, edible oil, gluten and stabilizers like guar gum. Instant noodles are precooked dried noodles which are dehydrated using one of the two processes, namely flash or air frying. They are generally accompanied with a small sachet comprising of the tastemaker. Instant noodles have gained popularity worldwide as they are portable, quick to make and easy to store.
Global Instant Noodles Market Drivers:
Growing urbanization and increasing disposable incomes have altered the eating habits of the consumers. Due to the hectic lifestyle, the working population now prefers affordable and quick meals, such as instant noodles, which require minimal cooking. This shift in their eating habit has created a great opportunity for the instant noodles market to flourish.
Instant noodles are available in a wide range of flavors along with numerous vegetarian and non-vegetarian variations. Moreover, the manufacturers keep formulating with new flavors, colors, textures and seasonings/tastemakers, according to regional tastes and preferences, in order to expand their consumer-base.
The growth of the organized food retail sector, with an increasing number of departmental stores, hypermarkets, supermarkets and convenience stores across the globe, is expected to facilitate the sales of instant noodles.
Breakup by Product Type:
On the basis of product type, the market has been bifurcated into fried and non-fried instant noodles. Currently, fried instant noodles represent the most popular product type, accounting for the majority of the market share. As these noodles are flash fried, they help in securing the flavor, improving the shelf-life and averting bacterial growth.
Breakup by Distribution Channel:
On the basis of distribution channels, supermarkets/hypermarkets hold the largest market share, representing the leading segment. They provide easy access different brands, types and flavors of instant noodles. Supermarkets and hypermarkets are followed by convenience stores, online stores, specialty stores and others.
On a geographical front, China enjoys the leading position in the global instant noodles market. Noodles have been an essential part of the Chinese cuisine owing to which there has been a high demand for instant noodles in the region. China is followed by Indonesia, Japan, India, Vietnam, United States, Republic of Korea, Thailand and Saudi Arabia.
The global instant noodles industry is fragmented due to the presence of a large number of players in the key markets such as China and Indonesia. Some of the leading players operating in the market are:
- Master Kong (Shenyang) Instant Noodle Foodstuff Co., Ltd.
- Hebei Hualong Food Group
- Indofood Sukses Makmur
- Nissin Foods
- Acecook Vietnam Joint Stock Company
This report provides a deep insight into the global instant noodles market covering all its essential aspects. This ranges from macro overview of the market to micro details of the industry performance, recent trends, key market drivers and challenges, SWOT analysis, Porter's five forces analysis, value chain analysis, etc. The report also provides a comprehensive analysis for setting up an instant noodles manufacturing plant. The study analyses the processing and manufacturing requirements, project cost, project funding, project economics, expected returns on investment, profit margins, etc. This report is a must-read for entrepreneurs, investors, researchers, consultants, business strategists, and all those who have any kind of stake or are planning to foray into the instant noodles industry in any manner.
Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- How has the global instant noodles market performed so far and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What are the key regions in the global instant noodles market?
- What are the various product types in the global instant noodles market?
- What are the major distribution channels in the global instant noodles market?
- What are the price trends of instant noodles?
- What are the various stages in the value chain of the global instant noodles industry?
- What are the key driving factors and challenges in the global instant noodles industry?
- What is the structure of the global instant noodles industry and who are the key players?
- What is the degree of competition in the global instant noodles industry?
- What are the profit margins in the global instant noodles industry?
- What are the key requirements for setting up an instant noodles manufacturing plant?
- How are instant noodles manufactured?
- What are the various unit operations involved in an instant noodles manufacturing plant?
- What is the total size of land required for setting up an instant noodles manufacturing plant?
- What are the machinery requirements for setting up an instant noodles manufacturing plant?
- What are the raw material requirements for setting up an instant noodles manufacturing plant?
- What are the packaging requirements for instant noodles?
- What are the transportation requirements for instant noodles?
- What are the utility requirements for setting up an instant noodles manufacturing plant?
- What are the manpower requirements for setting up an instant noodles manufacturing plant?
- What are the infrastructure costs for setting up an instant noodles manufacturing plant?
- What are the capital costs for setting up an instant noodles manufacturing plant?
- What are the operating costs for setting up an instant noodles manufacturing plant?
- What will be the income and expenditures for an instant noodles manufacturing plant?
- What is the time required to break-even?
Table of Contents
2 Scope and Methodology
- 2.1 Objectives of the Study
- 2.2 Stakeholders
- 2.3 Data Sources
- 2.3.1 Primary Sources
- 2.3.2 Secondary Sources
- 2.4 Market Estimation
- 2.4.1 Bottom-Up Approach
- 2.4.2 Top-Down Approach
- 2.5 Forecasting Methodology
3 Executive Summary
- 4.1 Overview
- 4.2 Key Industry Trends
5 Global Instant Noodles Industry
- 5.1 Market Overview
- 5.2 Market Performance
- 5.2.1 Volume Trends
- 5.2.2 Value Trends
- 5.3 Price Analysis
- 5.3.1 Key Price Indicators
- 5.3.2 Price Structure
- 5.3.3 Price Trends
- 5.4 Market Breakup by Type
- 5.5 Market Breakup by Distribution Channel
- 5.6 Market Breakup by Region
- 5.7 Market Forecast
- 5.8 SWOT Analysis
- 5.8.1 Overview
- 5.8.2 Strengths
- 5.8.3 Weaknesses
- 5.8.4 Opportunities
- 5.8.5 Threats
- 5.9 Value Chain Analysis
- 5.9.1 Raw Material Procurement
- 5.9.2 Manufacturer
- 5.9.3 Marketing & Distribution
- 5.9.4 Exporter
- 5.9.5 Retailer
- 5.9.6 End-Consumer
- 5.10 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
- 5.10.1 Overview
- 5.10.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers
- 5.10.3 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
- 5.10.4 Degree of Competition
- 5.10.5 Threat of New Entrants
- 5.10.6 Threat of Substitutes
- 5.11 Key Market Drivers and Challenges
- 5.12 Success Factors for Manufacturers
6 Market Breakup by Type
- 6.1 Fried
- 6.1.1 Market Trend
- 6.1.2 Market Forecast
- 6.2 Non-fried
- 6.2.1 Market Trend
- 6.2.2 Market Forecast
7 Market Breakup by Distribution Channel
- 7.1 Supermarkets/Hypermarkets
- 7.1.1 Market Trend
- 7.1.2 Market Forecast
- 7.2 Specialty Stores
- 7.2.1 Market Trend
- 7.2.2 Market Forecast
- 7.3 Convenience Stores
- 7.3.1 Market Trend
- 7.3.2 Market Forecast
- 7.4 Online Stores
- 7.4.1 Market Trend
- 7.4.2 Market Forecast
- 7.5 Others
- 7.5.1 Market Trend
- 7.5.2 Market Forecast
8 Market Breakup by Region
- 8.1 China
- 8.1.1 Market Trend
- 8.1.2 Market Forecast
- 8.2 Indonesia
- 8.2.1 Market Trend
- 8.2.2 Market Forecast
- 8.3 Japan
- 8.3.1 Market Trend
- 8.3.2 Market Forecast
- 8.4 India
- 8.4.1 Market Trend
- 8.4.2 Market Forecast
- 8.5 Vietnam
- 8.5.1 Market Trend
- 8.5.2 Market Forecast
- 8.6 United States
- 8.6.1 Market Trend
- 8.6.2 Market Forecast
- 8.7 Republic of Korea
- 8.7.1 Market Trend
- 8.7.2 Market Forecast
- 8.8 Thailand
- 8.8.1 Market Trend
- 8.8.2 Market Forecast
- 8.9 Saudi Arabia
- 8.9.1 Market Trend
- 8.9.2 Market Forecast
- 8.10 Others
- 8.10.1 Market Trend
- 8.10.2 Market Forecast
9 Competitive Landscape
- 9.1 Market Structure
- 9.2 Key Players
10 Instant Noodles Manufacturing Process
- 10.1 Product Overview
- 10.2 Detailed Process Flow
- 10.3 Various Types of Unit Operations Involved
- 10.4 Mass Balance and Raw Material Requirements
11 Project Details, Requirements and Costs Involved
- 11.1 Land Requirements and Expenditures
- 11.2 Construction Requirements and Expenditures
- 11.3 Machinery Schematic
- 11.4 Plant Machinery
- 11.5 Machinery Pictures
- 11.6 Raw Material Requirements and Expenditures
- 11.7 Raw Material and Final Product Pictures
- 11.8 Packaging Requirements and Expenditures
- 11.9 Transportation Requirements and Expenditures
- 11.10 Utility Requirements and Expenditures
- 11.11 Manpower Requirements and Expenditures
- 11.12 Other Capital Investments
12 Loans and Financial Assistance
13 Project Economics
- 13.1 Capital Cost of the Project
- 13.2 Techno-Economic Parameters
- 13.3 Product Pricing and Margins Across Various Levels of the Supply Chain
- 13.4 Taxation and Depreciation
- 13.5 Income Projections
- 13.6 Expenditure Projections
- 13.7 Financial Analysis
- 13.8 Profit Analysis
14 Key Player Profiles