Product Code: SR1018G20_Report
Wheat starch is obtained by removing the proteins from wheat flour and is similar in appearance to corn starch or flour in its processed state. Wheat starch has today become an essential part of the food industry where it is primarily being used as a thickening agent, food additive as well as an active ingredient in many food products. It also finds application as a production component in the textile and paper industry. Not only does it serve as a fat substitute but also works as an emulsifier, stabilizer and a glazing agent. Other uses of wheat starch include - in gel formation, adhesion, binding and moisture retention. According to IMARC Group, the global wheat starch market grew at a CAGR of 2.8% during 2011-2018.
IMARC's latest study "Wheat Starch Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2019-2024" provides a detailed insight into the global wheat starch market. The report has segmented the market on the basis of major regions. Europe represents the biggest producer of wheat starch accounting for the majority of the total global production. The report has also analysed some of the key players operating in this market which include Tate and Lyle, Roquette Freres, Cargill Inc., Archer Daniels Midland, Tereos Syral, Crespel & Deiters, Jackering and Kroner Starke.
This report provides a deep insight into the global wheat starch industry covering all its essential aspects. This ranges from macro overview of the market to micro details of the industry performance, recent trends, key market drivers and challenges, SWOT analysis, Porter's five forces analysis, value chain analysis, etc. The report also provides a comprehensive analysis for setting up a wheat starch manufacturing plant. The study analyses the processing and manufacturing requirements, project cost, project funding, project economics, expected returns on investment, profit margins, etc. This report is a must-read for entrepreneurs, investors, researchers, consultants, business strategists, and all those who have any kind of stake or are planning to foray into the wheat starch industry in any manner.
Key Questions Answered in This Report?
- How has the starch market performed so far and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What are the key regional markets in the global starch industry?
- What are the key end-use segments in the global starch industry?
- How has the wheat starch market performed so far and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What are the key regional markets in the global wheat starch industry?
- What are the key end-use segments in the global wheat starch industry?
- What are the price trends of wheat starch?
- What are the various stages in the value chain of the global wheat starch industry?
- What are the key driving factors and challenges in the global wheat starch industry?
- What is the structure of the global wheat starch industry and who are the key players?
- What is the degree of competition in the global wheat starch industry?
- What are the profit margins in the wheat starch industry?
- What are the key requirements for setting up a wheat starch manufacturing plant?
- How is wheat starch manufactured?
- What are the various unit operations involved in a wheat starch manufacturing plant?
- What is the total size of land required for setting up a wheat starch manufacturing plant?
- What are the machinery requirements for setting up a wheat starch manufacturing plant?
- What are the raw material requirements for setting up a wheat starch manufacturing plant?
- What are the packaging requirements for wheat starch?
- What are the transportation requirements for wheat starch?
- What are the utility requirements for setting up a wheat starch manufacturing plant?
- What are the manpower requirements for setting up a wheat starch manufacturing plant?
- What are the infrastructure costs for setting up a wheat starch manufacturing plant?
- What are the capital costs for setting up a wheat starch manufacturing plant?
- What are the operating costs for setting up a wheat starch manufacturing plant?
- What will be the income and expenditures for a wheat starch manufacturing plant?
- What is the time required to break-even?
Table of Contents
2. Scope and Methodology
- 2.1. Objectives of the Study
- 2.2. Stakeholders
- 2.3. Data Sources
- 2.3.1. Primary Sources
- 2.3.2. Secondary Sources
- 2.4. Market Estimation
- 2.4.1. Bottom-Up Approach
- 2.4.2. Top-Down Approach
- 2.5. Forecasting Methodology
3. Executive Summary
- 4.1. Overview
- 4.2. Key Industry Trends
5. Global Starch Industry
- 5.1. Market Overview
- 5.2. Market Performance
- 5.3. Market Breakup by Region
- 5.4. Market Breakup by Feedstock
- 5.5. Market Breakup by Starch Type
- 5.6. Market Breakup by End-Use
- 5.7. Market Forecast
- 5.8. Major Players
6. Global Wheat Starch Industry
- 6.1. Market Overview
- 6.2. Market Performance
- 6.2.1. Volume Trends
- 6.2.2. Value Trends
- 6.3. Price Analysis
- 6.3.1. Key Price Indicators
- 6.3.2. Price Structure
- 6.3.3. Price Trends
- 6.4. Market Breakup by Region
- 6.5. Market Breakup by End-Use
- 6.6. Market Forecast
- 6.7. SWOT Analysis
- 6.7.1. Overview
- 6.7.2. Strengths
- 6.7.3. Weaknesses
- 6.7.4. Opportunities
- 6.7.5. Threats
- 6.8. Value Chain Analysis
- 6.8.1. Input Suppliers
- 6.8.2. Farmers
- 6.8.3. Collectors
- 6.8.4. Manufacturers
- 6.8.5. Distributors
- 6.8.6. Retailers
- 6.8.6. End-Consumers
- 6.9. Porter's Five Forces Analysis
- 6.9.1. Overview
- 6.9.2. Bargaining Power of Buyers
- 6.9.3. Bargaining Power of Suppliers
- 6.9.4. Degree of Competition
- 6.9.5. Threat of New Entrants
- 6.9.6. Threat of Substitutes
- 6.10. Key Market Drivers and Success Factors
7. Market by End-Use
- 7.1. Sweeteners
- 7.1.1 Market Trends
- 7.1.2 Market Forecast
- 7.2. Fuel
- 7.2.1 Market Trends
- 7.2.2 Market Forecast
- 7.3. Paper and Textile
- 7.3.1 Market Trends
- 7.3.2 Market Forecast
- 7.4. Food
- 7.4.1 Market Trends
- 7.4.2 Market Forecast
- 7.5. Others
- 7.5.1 Market Trends
- 7.5.2 Market Forecast
8. Competitive Landscape
- 8.1. Market Structure
- 8.2. Key Players
9. Wheat Starch Manufacturing Process
- 9.1. Product Overview
- 9.2. Detailed Process Flow
- 9.3. Various Types of Unit Operations Involved
- 9.4. Mass Balance and Raw Material Requirements
10 Project Details, Requirements and Costs Involved
- 10.1. Land Requirements and Expenditures
- 10.2. Construction Requirements and Expenditures
- 10.3. Plant Machinery
- 10.4. Machinery Pictures
- 10.5. Raw Material Requirements and Expenditures
- 10.6. Raw Material and Final Product Pictures
- 10.7. Packaging Requirements and Expenditures
- 10.8. Transportation Requirements and Expenditures
- 10.9. Utility Requirements and Expenditures
- 10.10. Manpower Requirements and Expenditures
- 10.11. Other Capital Investments
11 Loans and Financial Assistance
12 Project Economics
- 12.1. Capital Cost of the Project
- 12.2. Techno-Economic Parameters
- 12.3. Product Pricing and Margins Across Various Levels of the Supply Chain
- 12.4. Taxation and Depreciation
- 12.5. Income Projections
- 12.6. Expenditure Projections
- 12.7. Financial Analysis
- 12.8. Profit Analysis
13 Key Player Profiles
- 13.1. Tate and Lyle
- 13.2. Roquette Freres.
- 13.3. Cargill Inc.
- 13.4. Archer Daniels Midland
- 13.5. Tereos Syral