Product Code: SR1018H17_Report
UHT (Ultra-high temperature) Milk refers to the sterilized milk which has been subjected to thermal treatment. The Ultra-high temperature processing kills the spores and germs present in the milk but preserves the essential vitamins and nutrients. It is heated beyond the temperature of 135 degrees Celsius (275 degrees Fahrenheit) for 1 or 2 seconds which helps in increasing the shelf life of milk without adding any preservatives. UHT milk is aseptically packed which makes it ready for consumption directly from the carton without any need of boiling. It can be stored at room temperature and thus have minimal requirement of refrigeration and cold chains. As a result of these factors, UHT milk market is witnessing strong growth in both developed and developing regions. UHT milk has also penetrated the non-fridge households and the regions where milk availability is scarce. According the IMARC Group, the global UHT milk market has grown at a CAGR of 5.9% during 2011-2018, reaching a volume of around 107.4 Billion Litres in 2018.
IMARC's latest report "UHT Milk Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2019-2024" provides a techno-commercial roadmap for setting up a UHT milk manufacturing plant. The study, which has been done by one of the world's leading research and advisory firms, covers all the requisite aspects of the global UHT milk market. This ranges from macro overview of the market to micro details of the industry performance, processing and manufacturing requirements, project cost, project funding, project economics, expected returns on investment, profit margins, etc.
The report has segmented the UHT milk market on the basis of types of milk consumed by people. They include full cream, semi-skimmed and skimmed. On the basis of regions, Western Europe represents the world's largest consumer of UHT milk, followed by Asia, North America, South America, Eastern Europe, Middle East and Africa and others. The key players currently operating in the market include- Nestle, Danone, Lactalis, Fonterra, Arla Foods, FrieslandCampina, Dairy Farmers of America, Saputo, Dean Foods and Yili.
Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- How has the global UHT milk market performed so far and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What are the key regions in the global UHT milk market?
- What are the key product types in the global UHT milk market?
- What are the key distribution channels in the global UHT milk market?
- What are the price trends of an UHT milk?
- What are the various stages in the value chain of the UHT milk industry?
- What are the key driving factors and challenges in the UHT milk industry?
- What is the structure of the UHT milk industry and who are the key players?
- What is the degree of competition in the UHT milk industry?
- What are the profit margins in the UHT milk industry?
- What are the key requirements for setting up an UHT milk manufacturing plant?
- How is UHT milk manufactured?
- What are the various unit operations involved in an UHT milk manufacturing plant?
- What is the total size of land required for setting up an UHT milk manufacturing plant?
- What are the machinery requirements for setting up an UHT milk manufacturing plant?
- What are the raw material requirements for setting up an UHT milk manufacturing plant?
- What are the packaging requirements for UHT milk?
- What are the transportation requirements for UHT milk?
- What are the utility requirements for setting up an UHT milk manufacturing plant?
- What are the manpower requirements for setting up an UHT milk manufacturing plant?
- What are the infrastructure costs for setting up an UHT milk manufacturing plant?
- What are the capital costs for setting up an UHT milk manufacturing plant?
- What are the operating costs for setting up an UHT milk manufacturing plant?
- What will be the income and expenditures for an UHT milk manufacturing plant?
- What is the time required to break-even?
Table of Contents
2 Scope and Methodology
- 2.1 Objectives of the Study
- 2.2 Stakeholders
- 2.3 Data Sources
- 2.3.1 Primary Sources
- 2.3.2 Secondary Sources
- 2.4 Market Estimation
- 2.4.1 Bottom-Up Approach
- 2.4.2 Top-Down Approach
- 2.5 Forecasting Methodology
3 Executive Summary
- 4.1 Overview
- 4.2 Key Industry Trends
5 Global UHT Milk Industry
- 5.1 Market Overview
- 5.2 Market Performance
- 5.2.1 Volume Trends
- 5.2.2 Value Trends
- 5.3 Price Analysis
- 5.3.1 Key Price Indicators
- 5.3.2 Price Structure
- 5.3.3 Price Trends
- 5.4 Market Breakup by Region
- 5.5 Market Breakup by Type
- 5.6 Market Breakup by Distribution Channel
- 5.7 Market Forecast
- 5.8 SWOT Analysis
- 5.8.1 Overview
- 5.8.2 Strengths
- 5.8.3 Weaknesses
- 5.8.4 Opportunities
- 5.8.5 Threats
- 5.9 Value Chain Analysis
- 5.9.1 Raw Material Procurement
- 5.9.2 Manufacturing
- 5.9.3 Marketing and Distribution
- 5.9.4 Retailers
- 5.9.5 Exporters
- 5.9.6 End-Consumers
- 5.10 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
- 5.10.1 Overview
- 5.10.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers
- 5.10.3 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
- 5.10.4 Degree of Competition
- 5.10.5 Threat of New Entrants
- 5.10.6 Threat of Substitutes
- 5.11 Key Success Factors and Risk Factors
6 Performance of Key Regions
- 6.1 European Union
- 6.1.1 Market Trends
- 6.1.2 Market Forecast
- 6.2 Asia
- 6.2.1 Market Trends
- 6.2.2 Market Forecast
- 6.3 North America
- 6.3.1 Market Trends
- 6.3.2 Market Forecast
- 6.4 Latin America
- 6.4.1 Market Trends
- 6.4.2 Market Forecast
- 6.5 Eastern Europe
- 6.5.1 Market Trends
- 6.5.2 Market Forecast
- 6.6 Middle East and Africa
- 6.6.1 Market Trends
- 6.6.2 Market Forecast
7 Market Breakup by Type
- 7.1 Full Cream
- 7.1.1 Market Trends
- 7.1.2 Market Forecast
- 7.2 Semi Skimmed
- 7.2.1 Market Trends
- 7.2.2 Market Forecast
- 7.3 Skimmed
- 7.3.1 Market Trends
- 7.3.2 Market Forecast
8 Market Breakup by Distribution Channel
- 8.1 Supermarkets and Hypermarkets
- 8.1.1 Market Trends
- 8.1.2 Market Forecast
- 8.2 Convenience Stores
- 8.2.1 Market Trends
- 8.2.2 Market Forecast
- 8.3 Specialty Stores
- 8.3.1 Market Trends
- 8.3.2 Market Forecast
- 8.4 Online Retail
- 8.4.1 Market Trends
- 8.4.2 Market Forecast
- 8.5 Others
- 8.5.1 Market Trends
- 8.5.2 Market Forecast
9 Competitive Landscape
10 UHT Milk Manufacturing Process
- 10.1 Product Overview
- 10.2 Detailed Process Flow
- 10.3 Various Types of Unit Operations Involved
- 10.4 Mass Balance and Raw Material Requirements
11 Project Details, Requirements and Costs Involved
- 11.1 Land Requirements and Expenditures
- 11.2 Construction Requirements and Expenditures
- 11.3 Plant Machinery
- 11.4 Machinery Pictures
- 11.5 Raw Material Requirements and Expenditures
- 11.6 Raw Material and Final Product Pictures
- 11.7 Packaging Requirements and Expenditures
- 11.8 Transportation Requirements and Expenditures
- 11.9 Utility Requirements and Expenditures
- 11.10 Manpower Requirements and Expenditures
- 11.11 Other Capital Investments
12 Loans and Financial Assistance
13 Project Economics
- 13.1 Capital Cost of the Project
- 13.2 Techno-Economic Parameters
- 13.3 Product Pricing and Margins Across Various Levels of the Supply Chain
- 13.4 Taxation and Depreciation
- 13.5 Income Projections
- 13.6 Expenditure Projections
- 13.7 Financial Analysis
- 13.8 Profit Analysis
14 Key Player Profiles
- 14.1 Lactalis Group
- 14.2 Nestle
- 14.3 Fonterra
- 14.4 Danone
- 14.6 Arla Foods