Product Code: SR1018G8_Report
Perfumes are composed of fragrances or essential oils which are used to provide a pleasant smell. Some of the common natural ingredients utilised in the production of perfumes include spices, woods, flowers, grasses, fruits, resins, leaves, roots, balsams, gums and animal secretions. Perfumes signify a person's style, individuality and personality and a good scent can influence mood, behaviour, perception, emotions and human thoughts. Nowadays, the manufacturing of perfumes has evolved into a mainstream business in the personal care and cosmetics industry. According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled "Perfume Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2019-2024", the global perfume market reached a value of US$ 38.8 Billion in 2018.
The global perfume market is gaining traction owing to the rising trend of personal grooming along with the increasing demand for youth-oriented as well as exotic fragrances. Moreover, the product diversification by manufacturers is attracting a larger consumer-base. Apart from this, increasing consumer spending on luxury fragrances on account of inflating income levels and improving standards of living are further boosting the sales of perfumes. Other major factors propelling the demand for perfumes worldwide are rapid urbanisation, increasing population and aggressive advertising by the manufacturers. However, the availability of counterfeit products represents one of the major challenges faced by the market. Looking forward, the market value is projected to reach US$ 48.0 Billion by 2024, at a projected CAGR of 3.6% over the forecast period.
Based on perfume type, the market has been segmented as premium and mass perfume products. Currently, premium perfume products dominate the market, holding the largest share.
On the basis of category, female fragrances lead the market, accounting for the majority of the market share. They are followed by male and unisex fragrances.
On the basis of distribution channel, the market has been segmented into speciality stores, departmental stores, online stores, hypermarkets & supermarkets and others. Currently, speciality stores dominate the market, holding the largest share.
Region-wise, the market has been segmented into Brazil, the United States, France, Germany and Russia. Amongst these, Brazil represents the largest market, accounting for majority of the global market.
The competitive landscape of the market has also been examined with some of the key players being Avon Products Inc., Natura Cosmeticos SA, Chanel SA, Coty Inc., LVMH and L'Oreal Groupe.
This report provides a deep insight into the global perfume industry covering all its essential aspects. This ranges from macro overview of the market to micro details of the industry performance, recent trends, key market drivers and challenges, SWOT analysis, Porter's five forces analysis, value chain analysis, etc. The report also provides a comprehensive analysis for setting up a perfume manufacturing plant. The study analyses the processing and manufacturing requirements, project cost, project funding, project economics, expected returns on investment, profit margins, etc. This report is a must-read for entrepreneurs, investors, researchers, consultants, business strategists, and all those who have any kind of stake or are planning to foray into the perfume industry in any manner.
Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- How has the global perfume market performed so far and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What are the key regional markets in the global perfume industry?
- What are the major product types in the global perfume industry?
- What are the major categories in the global perfume industry?
- What are the major distribution channels in the global perfume industry?
- What are the various stages in the value chain of the global perfume industry?
- What are the key driving factors and challenges in the global perfume industry?
- What is the structure of the global perfume industry and who are the key players?
- What is the degree of competition in the global perfume industry?
- What are the profit margins in the global perfume industry?
- What are the key requirements for setting up a perfume manufacturing plant?
- How is perfume manufactured?
- What are the various unit operations involved in a perfume manufacturing plant?
- What is the total size of land required for setting up a perfume manufacturing plant?
- What are the machinery requirements for setting up a perfume manufacturing plant?
- What are the raw material requirements for setting up a perfume manufacturing plant?
- What are the packaging requirements for perfume?
- What are the transportation requirements for perfume?
- What are the utility requirements for setting up a perfume manufacturing plant?
- What are the manpower requirements for setting up a perfume manufacturing plant?
- What are the infrastructure costs for setting up a perfume manufacturing plant?
- What are the capital costs for setting up a perfume manufacturing plant?
- What are the operating costs for setting up a perfume manufacturing plant?
- What will be the income and expenditures for a perfume manufacturing plant?
- What is the time required to break-even?
Table of Contents
2. Scope and Methodology
- 2.1. Objectives of the Study
- 2.2. Stakeholders
- 2.3. Data Sources
- 2.3.1. Primary Sources
- 2.3.2. Secondary Sources
- 2.4. Market Estimation
- 2.4.1. Bottom-Up Approach
- 2.4.2. Top-Down Approach
- 2.5. Forecasting Methodology
3. Executive Summary
- 4.1. Overview
- 4.2. Key Industry Trends
5. Global Perfume Industry
- 5.1. Market Overview
- 5.2. Market Performance
- 5.3. Market Breakup by Region
- 5.4. Market Breakup by Perfume Type
- 5.5. Market Breakup by Category
- 5.6. Market Breakup by Distribution Channel
- 5.7. Market Forecast
- 5.8. SWOT Analysis
- 5.8.1. Overview
- 5.8.2. Strengths
- 5.8.3. Weaknesses
- 5.8.4. Opportunities
- 5.8.5. Threats
- 5.9 Value Chain Analysis
- 5.9.1. Raw Material Procurement
- 5.9.2. Manufacturers
- 5.9.3. Distributors
- 5.9.4. Exporters
- 5.9.5. Retailers
- 5.9.6. End-Consumers
- 5.10. Porter's Five Forces Analysis
- 5.10.1. Overview
- 5.10.2. Bargaining Power of Buyers
- 5.10.3. Bargaining Power of Suppliers
- 5.10.4. Degree of Rivalry
- 5.10.5. Threat of New Entrants
- 5.10.6. Threat of Substitutes
- 5.11 Key Market Drivers and Success Factors
6. Performance of Key Regions
- 6.1 Brazil
- 6.1.1 Market Trends
- 6.1.2 Market Forecast
- 6.2 United States
- 6.2.1 Market Trends
- 6.2.2 Market Forecast
- 6.3 Germany
- 6.3.1 Market Trends
- 6.3.2 Market Forecast
- 6.4 France
- 6.4.1 Market Trends
- 6.4.2 Market Forecast
- 6.5 Russia
- 6.5.1 Market Trends
- 6.5.2 Market Forecast
7. Market by Perfume Type
- 7.1 Premium Perfume Products
- 7.1.1 Market Trends
- 7.1.2 Market Forecast
- 7.2 Mass Perfume Products
- 7.2.1 Market Trends
- 7.2.2 Market Forecast
8. Market by Category
- 8.1 Female Fragrances
- 8.1.1 Market Trends
- 8.1.2 Market Forecast
- 8.2 Male Fragrances
- 8.2.1 Market Trends
- 8.2.2 Market Forecast
- 8.3 Unisex Fragrances
- 8.3.1 Market Trends
- 8.3.2 Market Forecast
9. Competitive Landscape
- 9.1. Competitive Structure
- 9.2. Major Players
10. Perfume Manufacturing Process
- 10.1. Product Overview
- 10.2. Detailed Process Flow
- 10.3. Various Types of Unit Operations Involved
- 10.4. Mass Balance and Raw Material Requirements
11. Project Details, Requirements and Costs Involved
- 11.1. Land Requirements and Expenditures
- 11.2. Construction Requirements and Expenditures
- 11.3. Plant Machinery
- 11.4. Raw Materials Requirements and Expenditures
- 11.5. Packaging Requirements and Expenditures
- 11.6. Transportation Requirements and Expenditure
- 11.7. Utilities Requirements
- 11.8. Manpower Requirements and Expenditures
- 11.9. Other Capital Investments
12. Perfume Manufacturing Plant: Loans and Financial Assistance
13. Perfume Manufacturing Plant: Project Economics
- 13.1. Capital Cost of the Project
- 13.2. Techno-Economic Parameters
- 13.3. Product Pricing and Margins Across Various Levels of the Supply Chain
- 13.4. Taxation
- 13.5. Depreciation
- 13.6. Income Projections
- 13.7. Expenditure Projections
- 13.8. Financial Analysis
- 13.9. Profit Analysis
14. Key Player Profiles
- 14.1. Avon Products Inc.
- 14.2. Natura Cosmeticos SA
- 14.3. Chanel SA
- 14.4. Coty Inc.
- 14.5. LVMH
- 14.6. L'Oreal SA