Product Code: SR1018G38_Report
Paper cups are disposable cups made out of paper and are extensively used all over the world to serve food and beverages like tea, coffee, soft drinks, etc. They are coated or lined with plastic or wax to prevent the cup from any leakage or becoming soggy. Commercially, paper cups are coated with polyethylene to increase its durability and performance by making it liquid resistant. The coating also allows the seams to weld together. There are generally two types of paper cups: hot and cold. Cold cups have a waxy coating on both the sides to prevent the paper from becoming wet due to absorption of liquid. On the other hand, hot cups are designed specifically to withstand the heat and are coated only on one side. There are several factors that are driving the demand for paper cups across the globe. Growing awareness about transfer of diseases and germs while sharing the same containers or mugs has motivated people to opt for paper cups. Moreover, they are convenient to use and are environment friendly due to their higher biodegradability compared to plastic or foam cups. The growing foodservice industry is another major factor that is thrusting the growth of this market globally.
IMARC's latest study "Paper Cups Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2019-2024" provides a detailed insight into the global paper cups market. The report has segmented the market on the basis of cup type, application and region. On the basis of type, the market comprises of hot paper cups, cold paper cups, plastic cups and polystyrene foam cups. Based on applications, tea/coffee represented the biggest end use market for paper cups in 2018, followed by other foods/beverages and chilled foods/beverages. Region-wise, Asia Pacific dominated the global paper cups consumption in 2018, followed by North America, Europe and Others.
This report provides a deep insight into the global paper cups industry covering all its essential aspects. This ranges from macro overview of the market to micro details of the industry performance, recent trends, key market drivers and challenges, SWOT analysis, Porter's five forces analysis, value chain analysis, etc. The report also provides a comprehensive analysis for setting up a paper cups manufacturing plant. The study analyses the processing and manufacturing requirements, project cost, project funding, project economics, expected returns on investment, profit margins, etc. This report is a must-read for entrepreneurs, investors, researchers, consultants, business strategists, and all those who have any kind of stake or are planning to foray into the paper cups industry in any manner.
Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- How has the global disposable cups market performed so far and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What are the key regional markets in the global disposable cups industry?
- What are the key product types in the global disposable cups industry?
- How has the global paper cups market performed so far and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What are the key regional markets in the global paper cups industry?
- What are the key cup types in the global paper cups industry?
- What are the key application areas in the global paper cups industry?
- What are the major product types on wall basis in the global paper cups industry?
- What are the various stages in the value chain of the global paper cups industry?
- What are the key driving factors and challenges in the global paper cups industry?
- What is the structure of the global paper cups industry and who are the key players?
- What is the degree of competition in the global paper cups industry?
- What are the profit margins in the paper cups industry?
- What are the key requirements for setting up a paper cups manufacturing plant?
- How are paper cups manufactured?
- What are the various unit operations involved in a paper cups manufacturing plant?
- What is the total size of land required for setting up a paper cups manufacturing plant?
- What are the machinery requirements for setting up a paper cups manufacturing plant?
- What are the raw material requirements for setting up a paper cups manufacturing plant?
- What are the packaging requirements for paper cups?
- What are the transportation requirements for paper cups?
- What are the utility requirements for setting up a paper cups manufacturing plant?
- What are the manpower requirements for setting up a paper cups manufacturing plant?
- What are the infrastructure costs for setting up a paper cups manufacturing plant?
- What are the capital costs for setting up a paper cups manufacturing plant?
- What are the operating costs for setting up a paper cups manufacturing plant?
- What will be the income and expenditures for a paper cups manufacturing plant?
- What is the time required to break-even?
Table of Contents
2 Scope and Methodology
- 2.1. Objectives of the Study
- 2.2. Stakeholders
- 2.3. Data Sources
- 2.3.1. Primary Sources
- 2.3.2. Secondary Sources
- 2.4. Market Estimation
- 2.4.1. Bottom-Up Approach
- 2.4.2. Top-Down Approach
- 2.5. Forecasting Methodology
3 Executive Summary
- 4.1. Overview
- 4.2. Key Industry Trends
5 Global Disposable Cups Industry
- 5.1. Market Overview
- 5.2. Market Performance
- 5.3. Market Breakup by Region
- 5.4. Market Breakup by Cup Type
- 5.4.1. Paper Cups
- 5.4.2. Polystyrene Foam Cups
- 5.4.3. Plastic Cups
- 5.5. Market Forecast
6 Global Paper Cups Industry
- 6.1. Market Overview
- 6.2. Market Performance
- 6.3. Market Breakup by Region
- 6.4. Market Breakup by Cup Type
- 6.5. Market Breakup by Wall Type
- 6.6. Market Breakup by Application
- 6.7. Market Forecast
- 6.8. Price Analysis
- 6.8.1. Key Price Indicators
- 6.8.2. Price Structure
- 6.8.3. Margin Analysis
- 6.9. SWOT Analysis
- 6.9.1. Overview
- 6.9.2 Strengths
- 6.9.3. Weaknesses
- 6.9.4. Opportunities
- 6.9.5. Threats
- 6.10. Value Chain Analysis
- 6.10.1. Raw Material Suppliers
- 6.10.2. Manufacturers
- 6.10.3. Distributors
- 6.10.4. Exporters
- 6.10.5. Retailers
- 6.10.6. End-Users
- 6.11. Porter's Five Forces Analysis
- 6.11.1. Overview
- 6.11.2. Bargaining Power of Buyers
- 6.11.3. Bargaining Power of Suppliers
- 6.11.4. Degree of Competition
- 6.11.5. Threat of New Entrants
- 6.11.6. Threat of Substitutes
- 6.12. Key Market Drivers and Success Factors
7 Performance of Key Regions
- 7.1. Asia Pacific
- 7.1.1. Market Trends
- 7.1.2. Market Forecast
- 7.2. North America
- 7.2.1. Market Trends
- 7.2.2. Market Forecast
- 7.3. Europe
- 7.3.1. Market Trends
- 7.3.2. Market Forecast
- 7.4. South America
- 7.4.1. Market Trends
- 7.4.2. Market Forecast
- 7.5. Middle East and Africa
- 7.5.1. Market Trends
- 7.5.2. Market Forecast
8 Market Breakup by Cup Type
- 8.1. Cold Paper Cups
- 8.1.1. Market Trends
- 8.1.2. Market Forecast
- 8.2. Hot Paper Cups
- 8.2.1. Market Trends
- 8.2.2. Market Forecast
9 Market Breakup by Wall Type
- 9.1. Single Wall Paper Cups
- 9.1.1. Market Trends
- 9.1.2. Market Forecast
- 9.2. Double Wall Paper Cups
- 9.2.1. Market Trends
- 9.2.2. Market Forecast
10 Market Breakup by Application
- 10.1. Tea and Coffee
- 10.1.1. Market Trends
- 10.1.2. Market Forecast
- 10.2. Chilled Food and Beverages
- 10.2.1. Market Trends
- 10.2.2. Market Forecast
- 10.3. Other Food and Beverages
- 10.3.1. Market Trends
- 10.3.2. Market Forecast
11 Competitive Landscape
- 11.1. Competitive Structure
- 11.2. Key Players
12 Paper Cups Manufacturing Process
- 12.1. Product Overview
- 12.2. Detailed Process Flow
- 12.3. Various Types of Unit Operations Involved
- 12.4. Mass Balance and Raw Material Requirements
13 Project Details, Requirements and Costs Involved
- 13.1. Land Requirements and Expenditures
- 13.2. Construction Requirements and Expenditures
- 13.3. Plant Machinery
- 13.4. Raw Material Requirements and Expenditures
- 13.5. Packaging Requirements and Expenditures
- 13.6. Transportation Requirements and Expenditures
- 13.7. Utility Requirements and Expenditures
- 13.8. Manpower Requirements and Expenditures
- 13.9. Other Capital Investments
14 Loans and Financial Assistance
15 Project Economics
- 15.1. Capital Cost of the Project
- 15.2. Techno-Economic Parameters
- 15.3. Product Pricing and Margins Across Various Levels of the Supply Chain
- 15.4. Taxation and Depreciation
- 15.5. Income Projections
- 15.6. Expenditure Projections
- 15.7. Financial Analysis
- 15.8. Profit Analysis
16 Key Player Profiles